1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2022.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Did you read it? I dont believe this is accurate.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the great replacement theory and “white genocide” talk is a right wing belief

the talk of white women birth rates is the same thing Alito wrote in his draft, just repackaged in more subliminal wording

the antisemitism which is what we saw from the “Jews will not replace us” people in Charlottesville who were right wingers

it’s all right there

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

others have covered it, but the main point is that this is not fringe. It is mainstream Republican politics. And you are wrong to assume conservatives reject it. Just the opposite, it is being systematically pushed. If you’re not aware of it, it’s because you don’t want to look at the ugly core of the Republican Party.

I am moderate and a former Republican. It is my obligation as a voter to be aware of what each party stands for and condones,or rejects and denounces. You seem to want to be an educated voter. I think you’ve got your head in the sand on this stuff, or it is some dissonance where accepting that this stuff is mainstream Republican politics would require you to re-examine where your votes go.

But no, there is no debate as to whether this is mainstream Republican politics. It is.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not a voter (in the US).

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Given that...
    ...the US Constitution, to this day, states that negros won't be counted as citizens...
    ...we fought a war because of the belief that "the negro is not equal to the white man"...
    ...since some of us posters on this board were alive when it was illegal for blacks to drink from the same water fountain...
    ...this past weekend I saw a guy selling confederate flags on the side of the highway...
    ...Tucker Carlson on the highest rated TV show openly promoted GRT...

It's not a fringe theory and you assume wrong.

"decent conservatives" are either misinformed or lying.

The left wants to attain more rights through (mostly) democratic means. If there are any deaths, it's collateral damage ...not targeting.

Conversely:
    The right targets and murders people with the intent to restrict the rights of others. Literally has murdered millions of people over our history and it keeps happening today.

If you think those two things are the same, then welp.

mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

well, when you get to FLorida and prepare to cast your vote, pulling the lever for R is supporting this stuff. There’s no getting around that fact. Maybe you say, well this is less bad than what Democrats stand for. Ok, that’s fine, your call.

But let’s not pretend this stuff isn’t part and parcel of the R vote.

jiggyfly and deb4rockets like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Here I thought you were a Floridian voter. But I guess that only applies when teachers teach children that gay people exist and are okay.

#208 fchowd0311, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    deb4rockets likes this.
  9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

An 18 year old kid growing up in a middle class small town. I don't understand all the hate. Upon HS graduation, I was wondering what parties I had coming up, where to get a fake ID, what mods I could make to my car and what girl I could date. SMH. So sorry for the victims.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

It's called indoctrination and radicalization.

Didn't we have an American surrender citizenship, fly to Afghanistan, and train with the Taliban? Same difference.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed but there is a slight difference. Almost half of one of the two major political parties supports the same ideology as the killer.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Pretty big statement. Are you saying about 25% of Americans are racist and support violence?

Following the same logic of your statement:

What percentage of followers of Islam do you think supports "the same ideology" as Islamist terrorists?

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude believes in GRT yet had to drive 200 miles to find his "substitutes"

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No. Your whole set up is wrong. Many people aren't politically active at all.

I'm going with figures that have been linked already.

I absolutely believe the 'Great Replacement Theory' is 100% racist. Almost half of the Republican party believes in that.

So you tell me what that means.

A very small percentage of Muslims support the same ideology as terrorists.

No Worries likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Cognitive dissonance.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Count me in among the others that never heard of GRT, I had to look it up. Iol

also since I’m mixed race, I guess I been replaced ! OMG …

#216 ROXRAN, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Relating to who? The party leadership that punishes party members for speaking out against this BS?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This poll has been referenced here.

32% (believe in replacement theory) is HUGE but I think the poll is simply reflecting a Twitter culture more than actual private beliefs. The Twitter culture is a few generate so much noise that others are led to believe that noise is much bigger than what it is (following the crowd tendency bias).

Immigration Attitudes and Conspiratorial Thinkers: A Study Issued on the 10th Anniversary of The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research - AP-NORC (apnorc.org)

May 9, 2022

After years of heated rhetoric around immigration and its impacts, new data from an AP-NORC poll reveals that two-thirds of Americans feel the country’s diverse population makes the US stronger – less than 10% say diversity weakens the country.

Still, roughly one in three (32%) adults agree that a group of people is trying to replace native-born Americans with immigrants for electoral gains. A similar share (29%) also express concern that an increase in immigration is leading to to native-born Americans losing economic, political, and cultural influence. These two key measures tap into the core arguments of Replacement Theory, a decades old idea, which posits that there is a group of powerful people in this country who are trying to permanently alter the culture and voting strength of native-born Americans by bringing in large groups of immigrants – the study indicates about one in five (17%) adults agree with both of these central tenets.

Most Americans cite a lack of economic opportunity (93%), poverty (92%), and violent crime (91%) as motivating factors for why immigrants leave their country, while just two-thirds cite the impacts of climate change.

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep... that's what he did.

The manifesto posted online and purportedly written by Gendron, outlined a racist ideology rooted in a belief that the United States should belong only to white people. All others, the document said, were “replacers” who should be eliminated by force or terror. The attack was intended to intimidate all non-white, non-Christian people and get them.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The shooter deliberately studied census data to find a community with a large concentration of minorities where he felt he could do the most damage. He was possibly influenced by the shooter who drove from Allen to El Paso because he wanted to shoot up a community with more Hispanic people.