1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think he's listing assets he'd put on the table to trade up, not necessarily give up all of them. So Wood and the #17, or the #17 and the 2023 FRP, or some combination like that. He described Eason as a role player that he'd take at #10, which doesn't warrant all of those picks.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who can we get in return for him? We need a good pick too. I don't want a long contract back.

4. Rockets34Legend

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really think that depends on how the lottery falls as there's several teams who I think would rather have a proven player than anyone after the 5th pick.

Portland, New York Knicks, New Orleans, Sacramento, Washington, Indiana, could all be in play 6-12 and maybe even Orlando if they were to drop to 6th.

Wood & 17 gets you somewhere between 6th to 12th .... easier to nail down in 5 days when we know who's picking where.

randerson, MrButtocks and BigM like this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Man these reviews are wildly inconsistent. I read another review on this forum this morning basically saying the guy shouldn’t be drafted at all or as a second round flyer. Who knows?

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This is crazy. If the Nets lose Kyrie via free agency, Durant will immediately demand a trade. And I don't see whatever they get back for him coupled with a rusty Simmons coming off of back surgery keeping Brooklyn out of the lottery.

ilovehtownbb and D-rock like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's literally what the draft process is.

It's forecasting.

No one knows a damn thing or Durant, Luka, Steph or Harden, Giannis, Jokic would have all been the first picks.

ilovehtownbb, D-rock and xaos like this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

Obviously with how often the top of the draft produces higher quality than the lower part of the draft there's skill in talent evaluation so I won't go so far to say "no one knows a damn thing" haha. But I agree with the idea that it's incredibly hard to forecast these things 100% correct no matter how basketball genius a person is. The dialog on this site would go so much better if people weren't so sure in "their guy" without everyone else being wrong.

NBA teams spend millions trying to get it right and still have misses (just like your examples).

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Luka should have for sure and you could make an argument for KD too if Oden hadn't gotten injured but 3 teams just decided Luka wasn't the one even though he was insane overseas

D-rock likes this.
  14. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Nets are imploding Victor is not a dream anymore if they are a lottery team next year.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Losing Kyrie in free agency would be an unmitigated disaster for the Nets. KD will be 34 next season and has an injury history. Even if his trade request created a bidding war there are so few teams in win now mode with assets to spare. Phoenix, Miami, or Denver maybe? I could see Phoenix doing a sign and trade to send Ayton out, they don't seem to view him as a keeper. Like you said, any player they get back wouldn't replace what they lose in KD.

xaos likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Man if the Nets go down in flames this summer, we Houston fans are going to be feasting for the next few years. Crossing my fingers that the basketball gods are kind to us after the last two seasons.

D-rock and xaos like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I remember saying how big of a deal that Durant re-signed in the first place, if he had not we could be looking at him bolting this season and Nets getting nothing for it. Really sucks they managed to get him to re-sign.

D-rock likes this.