1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

RT, CRT - how ****ing stupid do you have to be to believe in **** that is not real?

DD

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

3. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Not in fed election. Not in state election. Only a very few local gov elections allow it. While the Republican is restricting voting rights of citizen, let’s worry about undocumented immigrants voting in some make believe future.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Depression isn't the only mental health issue. I don't understand why some get upset when I say these people have mental health issues. These lone actors in particular are radicalized themselves. They are searching for something. The Sandy Hook kid had mental health issues. Yes that wasn't about an ideology but ideology doesn't make shooting a bunch of people you don't know make your mind normal

Edit: the reason I bought up mental illness in the Islamic sole actor case is the stupid parade of trying to find a bigger conspiracy by law enforcement. Yes these people are radicalized by the internet but they are radicalizing themselves

#144 pgabriel, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    tinman likes this.
  5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me why someone with a long history of communism, but had become a "moderate left authoritarian" whose favourite show seemed to be Rachel Maddow is somehow related to the GOP, Tucker Carlson (i guess Maddow did start by working with him) or Trump?

This just looks like the culmination of IdPol where the chickens come home to roost, and white people join in on the game

ROXRAN and tinman like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Violent extremist ideology communities and some form of mental health probably do go hand in hand a bit but there’s no evidence that most if not all mental illnesses have a side effect of being a mass shooter who happen to post manifestos about GRT.

I’m sorry but trying so hard to compartmentalize GRT is so weird and a bit offensive. I’m unsure what you are really trying to argue here.

The Holocaust happened not because millions of Germans had a specific mental illness… no. Germany didn’t first poison the water supply to make every have a mental illness. It happened because of this same type of ideology that was mainstreamed in Germany through Mein Kampf and created justification for mass killing of innocent people. You know who Hitler said was his part of his inspiration for Mein Kampf??… you guessed it… the American Ku Klux Klan.

It simply is proven over the history of our species that killing other innocent humans in cold blood over race can be justified by people who are otherwise not suffering with mental illness if they are indoctrinated with the wrong propaganda.

GRT has proven from Timothy McVeigh to Dylan Roof to The Christs Church Shooter to the Buffalo shooter that GRT in the modern era is an extremely dangerous extremist ideology and it inspires these type of mass shootings.

So please stop trying to compartmentalize. It just minimizes our horrible history of racial killings that have plagued our existence for hundreds or even thousands of years.

7. dobro1229

Where have we come when white supremacy ideology has become so mainstream excused?? What the hell is happening??

Andre0087, rocketsjudoka and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What makes it even more cringe is that I am half Asian and just came to this country on a visa, so whatever this stupid ass "Great Replacement Theory" is, I would be a target of whoever the idiots are who support this theory. Yet, I am asked by some idiot to distance myself from it.

Also, I don't watch Tucker Carlson, only whatever clips get posted on this site.

9. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...a better question might be:

...when has white supremacy ideology NOT been so mainstream excused?

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mental illness doesn't exist in a vacuum. Many of those targeting elderly Asians are mentally but given that several of them have specifically said fear of Chinese because of rhetoric around COVID shows that rhetoric does influence them. Those who already have struggled with reality are particularly vulnerable to rhetoric.

In the case of this shooter there is no doubt that he was influenced by prevailing rhetoric around the Great Replacement Theory. That he might have an underlying mental illness doesn't rule out that he was influenced by that rhetoric.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that white people have been playing "IdPol" for a long time. Perhaps you've heard of the "White Mans Burden" that justified Colonialism or that race based slavery as practiced in the US and by Europe was based on the belief that White people were superior. Also that groups like the KKK were founded to protect White People.

The language in this shooter's manifesto might use different terms but it doesn't seem much different than rhetoric that has been around for centuries speaking of the dangers of White Western Civilization being overrun by non-white hordes.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What exactly are you suggesting here? that it was like this 200 years ago, so it justifies others being like that now? The problem with these sort of faustian bargains is the devil will always comes for what he's owed, as the feminists are now learning with their whole "gender is a social construct" thing.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

okay, sorry to ask a dumb question. what is idpol ?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Negro, please.

Don't come in here with that B.S. did you not see the people marching in Charlottesville?

Now the amnesia starts, typical for you and your type.

15. dobro1229

Do you have this new thing called Google? I’d never seen the abbreviation myself but took me two seconds to google and find out.

I get so tired of these games from the right where they constantly play dumb in order to avoid actually discussing anything and instead try everything they can to switch the argument to semantics and stupid side arguments.

Andre0087 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What the hell are you babbling about?

How did his favorite show seemed to be Maddow.

He is related to the GOP because the GOP media talks a lot about being replaced, which seemed to be the root of his anger.

So now we see the spin and deflection starting to happen, typical.

This needs to hung around the neck of the GOP and them playing footsie with all of these Far Right organizations and outright taking speaking at their gatherings.

The GOP is getting rattled and starting the spin.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

thanks, that's a big help

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You would think that the guy "teacher" who post stuff from different articles on here constantly would know how to google or search for info right?

#158 jiggyfly, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    mdrowe00, Andre0087 and dobro1229 like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you're also consistently a big help

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lol.. logic ceases to exist in this post. The left and the right do the same things, yet you just played dumb and tried to switch the argument to semantics.