1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Landry's Tooth

I would after the draft... i would want to see who we get first...

If it's Ivey I think i would prefer to keep Wood for the floor spacing...

To me, Wiseman is a project and insurance for Sengun's development... We risk not having a starting 4 in that situation...

Also, i see zero minutes for Moody if we have Ivey, Green, and KPJ ahead of him... almost makes Christopher's value less too... this also assumes Gordon isn't here...

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

I know he's another guard in a guard rich team but Now that we don't have any prima donnas to pander to on the team if we could trade into the end of the first round or top of r2nd Rd, I would snatch up Christian Braun. That guy has leader written all over him and has no fear of taking it to anyone on the team to win like MJ and Kobe. That's the kind of attitude and mentality we need on this team. He's 6'6" with a good 3 pt shot and he can also slash to the rim. He brings it every game and that's the kind of guy I want to root for.

raining threes, D-rock and fattz like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not me, I'm not making that deal .... Wiseman can't stay on the court and hasn't really developed like they hoped he would.

He's a year away from being a year away ....

IF I'm moving Wood, I'd prefer to get a draft pick in either this draft or the next than taking back a project like Wiseman.

Wood & X might land you a lottery pick ..... depending upon where teams end up in the lottery. Wood is probably more valuable / productive for a win now team than a player they could get at 6 or beyond.
    Portland, Washington, Sacramento, Knicks & Charlotte could be in play. Maybe even Orlando if they end up worst case scenario 6th ....

D-rock and saleem like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’d only do it if we struck out getting a draft pick for him. Moody will probably be better than Matthews in a year or two, Wiseman will probably be a bust, but may be worth a flier as a backup someday.

D-rock likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, that would be preferable to going after a post injury Wiseman. I said yes, because the touches for Wood may decrease further after the draft, and he may sulk even more. Moody has very good pro potential. I know there would be a log jam requiring Gordon to be moved. I just hope that Wood will change his attitude. He can be a useful trade asset by the February deadline and we could get a better deal.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Braun is underrated for sure.

7. sydmill

sydmill Member

I am still beating the Hou-Charlotte-NYK drum....

Hou out: Wood, Tate, Mathews and pick 17
    Hou in: Plumlee, Kemba, pick 13 & Dallas' 2023 FRP via NY

Char out: Plumlee, PJ Washington & pick 13
    Char in: Wood, Mathews & pick 11

NY out: Kemba, pick 11 and Dallas' 2023 frp
    NY in: Washington, Tate & pick 17

peleincubus likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

With the possibly historic loss by the suns, wondering if Bridges could be had for Wood and some picks...

Bridges and Jabari Smith would be a successful offseason...

Seems like they would be desperate to shake things up a bit...

Maybe, dare i say it... John Wall for Chris Paul and picks?????

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not want Ayton.

harold bingo and luckyman76 like this.
  10. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao Suns laughs you off the phone. Give up a young DPOTY candidate for Christian Wood?

saleem and red5rocket like this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

I doubt suns do it, but if they feel the need to shake things up and are worried about Paul's contract now...

To Suns
    John Wall
    Christian Wood
    Jae'Sean Tate
    Eric Gordon
    #17 pick

To Rockets
    Chris Paul
    Mikal Bridges
    Dario Saric (expiring)
    Cameron Johnson(expiring)
    Cameron Payne (expiring/ng)
    Torrey Craig (expiring)

Rockets do it for Bridges... i think this could work for both teams:

Suns:
    Wall
    Booker
    Tate
    Wood
    Ayton (re-signed)

Bench: Gordon, Crowder, Shamet, #17 pick

Rockets
    Paul
    Green
    Bridges
    J Smith / Homgren
    Sengun

6th man: KPJ

Still leaves us 25 million in expiring contracts from the suns to trade...

From suns perspective it would be to dump Paul contract and then you're basically moving Bridges for Wood, Tate, Gordon, and #17 pick... seems like fair value...

12. xaos

xaos Member

Does anyone know what the trade ramifications are for S&T with Ayton (for both Phx and trade partner)? How about if there are 3 teams involved? Will that hard-cap the teams?

13. xaos

xaos Member

I could see them trying to trade CP3 before the deadline and I could see them trading Ayton, but not Bridges just for the sake of shaking it up. They've squeezed whatever juice they could've out of CP3 and there's potential issues with PHX wanting to pay Ayton the max (assuming), but I'd imagine Bridges is going to be in PHX for a while.

14. Landry's Tooth

I get that they would probably not do...

I still think Wood, Gordon, Tate, and a mid first is fair value... doesn't mean they do it... i would if I'm them and i feel i peeked with what i have...

Stretch 4 in Wood is a huge upgrade next to Ayton. Gordon provides better depth than Shamet or Payne... Tate is serviceable if you don't need scoring... #17 could be a Bridges replacement...

More depth, less top end talent... it's worth asking to me...

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s the perfect trade in my opinion. You can draft sochan dyson or Eason.

Then next year you would have Mavs/Bucks/Rockets pick (and Christopher/Garuba) even one of nets future picks if you wanted to try and move up and target a player to pair with Green/Sengun/top 5 pick and 13th pick from this year & anyone they signed in FA. That’s a lot of talent accumulated in the 3 bad seasons.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo just keeps trending up.

Could he be traded before or during draft?

sirjesse likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The only team hard capped is the one receiving the signed and traded player.

xaos likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. xaos

xaos Member

Appreciate it!

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets miss on Tari Eason with #17 then need to get on phone with Hawks for Jalen Johnson trade.

Or Hornets for Kai Jones.

*fingers crossed*