1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The issue I'm talking about is gun control. You won't make any progress until its addressed in every day crime.

tinman likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I've said the same thing about lone actor Islamic terrorism.

https://fox59.com/news/buffalo-shoo...-after-threatening-his-high-school-last-june/

We don't know the results but he was evaluated for mental health issues

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I will back off politicians not talking gun control in other situations. With the increased violent crime during the pandemic I hear mayors in particular frustrated with gun laws

Nook and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or people getting released from bail for nothing.

Dave Chappelle got attacked in front of thousands of people, that dude got cheap bail and was set free like a bird.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It is more wide spread and there are different degrees to it.

The idea is that white people were the power structure of the USA and Europe, that they largely made the rules and are the reason that these areas have been successful.

With lowered birth rates in the white communities, and immigration of non-white people into these regions, it's only a matter of time until the power structure is no longer white and that the culture and heritage of the USA and Western Europe will be lost.

That basic frame work is an opinion held by many people.... but then some other mix in religion, that Christianity will be lost......... or that it is a liberal conspiracy to purposely remove white influence..... you can go really down the rabbit hole if you want to.

It isn't anything really surprising.... we saw the same issue in South Africa where there has been a long history and institutional and practical racism against black people. When black people became the political majority in South Africa, there was a lot of racism and animosity against the white people that remain in South Africa. There have been murders and violence against some of the whites in SA..... in fact everyone's favorite race bait troll, Tucker Carlson has discussed this "theory" for years and it's only a natural extension for him to connect it to the current situation in the West.

I find all of it a waste of time..... white people cannot even agree on what is and isn't really white. The most competent President the USA has had in 50 years or longer was half white and half blacks. Sixty years ago Italians were not viewed as white and now many of them claim they are white and some even support this garbage. Germans were viewed as not American 100 years ago and they are very white..... many African Americans can trace their family heritage to the West longer than the whites in American can to America.

Whatever, it's just another excuse for people to hate and kill and shoot each other.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

If you think the USA is racist then go spend some time in Europe. Racism is far more prevalent and acceptable in Europe. I have also seen a lot of racism in Australia as well.... even Mexico is racist. Unfortunately a lot of the world has racist views, particularly against people with African heritage.

Hell, go to China as a black person and see what happens and what is said about you.

The USA has race problems that need to be addressed, but the USA is also a place that culturally has ZERO issue airing it's dirty laundry while most of the world tries to hide it.

I am not saying the USA should get a pass (it shouldn't) but the truth is the world is a very, very racist place.

Sanctity, JumpMan, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't follow your post history enough to know exactly what you said after ISIS inspired attacks, but I can say pretty definitely that the Republicans and FoxNews did not say "well mental health looks like issue in this case" after an ISIS attack for sure. Ted Cruz went on to say we should "Carpet Bomb them all" in reference to entire countries populations as a response to what to do about ISIS and Al Qaeda.

That's a much different response than tackling how to deal with typical personal mental illness cases, and one that is more similar how Republicans typically respond when the question of what to do about ISIS or Al Qaeda attacks.... which is to go after the ideology and their clerics in the regions they are located even if it means state sponsored violence.

On mental health though I would say that ideological radicalization + the mental illness of depression could be a chicken or the egg situation where depression can lead you to seek out a community that preaches an ideology of white supremacy & GRT while at the same if you are involved in a white supremacy group that teaches GRT I could see how that could lead to depression and anxiety.

On Mental Illness I'll give you that much that if you are suffering from depression, I could definitely see how you'd be drawn towards hate groups that offer you a community and an outlet for your grievances. However the mental illness of depression alone without the ideology in this case does NOT have a connection to racially inspired hate crimes and terrorist attacks. There's nothing about clinical depression that makes your brain immediately hate and want to kill Jews and African Americans. That's ridiculous.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This coming from a guy who posts the stuff that you do.

LOL, you have zero room to question what is reasonable and what is not.

9. Nook

Nook Member

No, this is still controversial to many white people, especially older white people.

Yeah, it is a biproduct of diluting the power structure of the white male. What I find interesting is that there is nothing that prevents white people from having lots of children, and these same people believe liberals support abortion being illegal to keep the number of black people in the USA to a smaller number. It all makes zero sense.

jiggyfly, No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

11. Nook

Nook Member

It shouldn't be shocking to you, it is a form of victim shaming and we openly as a society do it all the time to women and don't give it a second thought.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Okay

I never said other countries weren't racist, so not sure why you responded the way you did.

Nook likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's amazing that the usual subject have not heard of "GRT" but can give every right wing talking point otherwise.
    LOl another one.

Here you both go.

1. Buck Turgidson
      New
      "Great Replacement Theory", from the other shootings thread (hat tip @txtony):

2. Only 18 years old. Wonder where he gets the idea from?

In the US:
      US Rep Steve King
      US Rep Matt Gaetz
      Fox news Judge Jeanine Pirro
      Fox news Laura Ingraham
      Fox News Tucker Carlson

Gunman kills 10 at New York store while livestreaming on Twitch - BNO News

Saturday’s attack was live-streamed on Twitch

A 106-page online manifesto, believed to have been uploaded by the shooter, explained that he was motivated by a conspiracy theory that white people are being replaced by other races. In the document, he says he is 18 years old and a self-described white supremacist and anti-semite.

The methods used in the shooting are similar to those of a man who opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March 2019, killing 51 people in one of the worst shootings in modern history. The shooter live-streamed his attack and described himself as a white supremacist in an online manifesto. He too believed in the “Great Replacement” conspiracy theory.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/the-great-replacement-an-explainer

Once largely relegated to white supremacist rhetoric, “The Great Replacement” has made its way into mainstream consciousness in the past several years. From the chants of “Jews Will Not Replace Us” on the University of Virginia campus to then-U.S. Rep. Steve King’s tweeted protest, “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies,” to Fox News’ Tucker Carlson’s complaints that the Democratic party is attempting to “replace the current electorate” with “third-world voters,” the racist conspiracy theory has well and truly arrived.

Origin Story
      • “The Great Replacement” theory has its roots in early 20th century French nationalism and books by French nationalist and author Maurice Barres. However, it was French writer and critic Renaud Camus who popularized the phrase for today’s audiences when he published an essay titled "Le Grand Remplacement," or "the great replacement," in 2011. Camus himself alluded to the “great replacement theory” in his earlier works and was apparently influenced by Jean Raspail’s racist novel, The Camp of the Saints.
      • Camus believes that native white Europeans are being replaced in their countries by non-white immigrants from Africa and the Middle East, and the end result will be the extinction of the white race.
      • Camus focused on Muslim immigration to Europe and the theory that Muslims and other non-white populations had a much higher birth rate than whites. His initial concept did not focus on Jews and was not antisemitic.
      • The “great replacement” philosophy was quickly adopted and promoted by the white supremacist movement, as it fit into their conspiracy theory about the impending destruction of the white race, also know as “white genocide.” It is also a strong echo of the white supremacist rallying cry, “the 14 words:” “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.”
      • Since many white supremacists, particularly those in the United States, blame Jews for non-white immigration to the U.S. the replacement theory is now associated with antisemitism.
      • The night before the August 2017 the Unite the Right rally, white supremacists, marching across the University of Virginia campus, shouted, “Jews will not replace us,” and “You will not replace us,” clear references to Camus’ theory.

Use By Individual Extremists
      • In October 2018, white supremacist Robert Bowers killed 11 people at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, PA, after writing a Gab post blaming Jews for bringing non-white immigrants and refugees to the U.S.
      • In April 2019, white supremacist John Earnest killed one and injured three at a synagogue in Poway, CA. In a letter he released online, Earnest claimed that Jews were responsible for the genocide of “white Europeans,” and cited the influence of Bowers and Tarrant.
      • In August 2019, white supremacist Patrick Crusius opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, TX, killing 23 people and wounding almost two dozen. In a manifesto, Crusius talked about a “Hispanic invasion” and made reference to the great replacement.
      Use By Politicians
      • In March 2017, then-GOP Congressman (IA) Steve King tweeted his support for Geert Wilders a well-known anti-immigration activist from Europe. “Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny,” the Congressman wrote. “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.” The tweet, which won praise from white supremacists, was a clear reference to replacement theory. In August 2018, King gave an interview to a far-right magazine in Austria, in which he promoted the “great replacement” theory.
      • In an interview on Fox News Justice with Judge Jeanine in July 2020, GOP Congressman Matt Gaetz claimed that an "attempted cultural genocide" was occurring in the US and that the left wanted to "replace America."
      Use by Media/Tech Personalities
      • In October 2018, on Fox News' The Ingraham Angle, host Laura Ingraham said, "your views on immigration will have zero impact and zero influence on a House dominated by Democrats who want to replace you, the American voters, with newly amnestied citizens and an ever increasing number of chain migrants."
      • In October 2019, Jeanine Pirro was discussing Democrats' hatred of Trump on Fox Nation's The Todd Starnes Show. She declared, "Think about it. It is a plot to remake America, to replace American citizens with illegals that will vote for the Democrats."
      • On April 8, 2021, on Tucker Carlson Tonight, the host explicitly promoted the ‘great replacement” theory. Carlson discussed “Third World” immigrants coming to the US who affiliate with the Democratic Party. He asserted, “I know that the left and all the little gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term 'replacement,' if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate — the voters now casting ballots — with new people, more obedient voters from the Third World, but they become hysterical because that's what's happening, actually. Let's just say it. That's true."
      • On April 11, 2021, Andrew Torba, the founder of Gab, posted on his own platform: “Now today the ADL is trying to cancel Tucker Carlson for daring to speak the truth about the reality of demographic replacement that is absolutely and unequivocally going on in The West. These are not ‘hateful’ statements, they objective facts that can no longer be ignored.”

Nook likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Because America isn't a "racist ass country" compared to most of the world.

When I only lived in the USA I believed that the USA was the epicenter of racism and intolerance, unfortunately that isn't the case at all.

Unfortunately we live in an extremely racist world.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That monologue did not cause this tragic event. At no point did he advocate violence.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Neither does the Turner Diaries or Mein Kampf. Promoting this theory of GRT that Liberals, or Jews, or the NWO, or the Illuminati or whatever are behind replacing white people with "mixed DNA" as a way of mass control is dangerous enough on it's face by simply spreading this theory that it has been proven time and time again to lead to violence regardless of the authors literally calling for violence.

There is a track record here bud. This isn't a one off. Manifesto after Manifesto states that exactly what Tucker Carlson says here and in other diatribes inspires racially motivated hate crimes or worse.

So as to my earlier question, I'll take this as confirmation that you whole heartily condone the use of The Great Replacement Theory by the officials you vote for to run our country... just as long as they don't directly say "now that i said that, go blow up a building in OKC or shoot up a black church tonight."

No Worries likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think you are reaching. You want to label the whole GOP as some sinister group in every post. "Whole-heartedly condone" - GTFO with putting words in my mouth. I watched one video on it and did not see a violent aspect.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yes. . .you are.
    Typically

Rocket River

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did they get him mental health treatment?

Did he have unsupervised or unmonitored access to electronics in their home after his school threat?

They had no knowledge of his extremist views after his incident at school? Yeah, I doubt it

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

One sad part is I don't feel much to follow this thread.

Been there done that...me voicing outrage or hot take online won't change ****.

Combating on the ground bigotry isn't easy. It's more subtle the higher you go and less obvious.

Nook likes this.