1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

My top 10

1. Shockmaster
    2. Disco Inferno
    3. Mantaur
    4. Scotty too Hottie
    5. Doink
    6. Repo man
    7. Hornswoggle
    8. Gillberg
    9. Val Venis
    10. Gobbledy Gooker

Just incase no one knows who Shockmaster is. Let me introduce you to the one and only

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At the 1m mark, You can hear SId say "I told you" Apparently he told Harlem Heat that the Shockmaster was going to trip over the wall. Ole Anderson was doing the voice for the Shockmaster off stage, At 1:15 The Shockmaster thought Sid speaking was his cue to start gesturing as if his character was speaking. Cluster**** all the way around.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Flair looks slower than a spelling bee contestant in Kentucky.

T_Man likes this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

look like Impact is going to have there own Bullet Club

6. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

While the card heading into Hell in a Cell was underwhelming, the show turned out to be pretty good. The day before the card word started spreading about Cody and a pectoral injury and finally WWE provided a update a few hours before the event that he had torn his pectoral but was still going to compete in his match. That instantly made the card that much more interesting and seeing Cody take off his jacket to reveal the deep bruising on his chest and arm was insane to see. Don't know how he was able to do it but was able to actually have a good match with the injury.

This really sucks for Cody/WWE because he was pushed hard and I'm sure they had big plans for him immediately after finishing the Rollins program. Now that all has to be put on ice as typical torn pecs take 6-9 months so we probably don't see him until the Rumble unless he has some crazy John Cena regenerative abilities.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I found it pretty stupid that they let him wrestle with that injury. I don't care how much Cody wanted to do it, you can't let an individual do this to themselves.

I really thought it was a work, but holy ****, that spot kept changing colors as the match wore on. I think it's silly that they allowed him to win that match. Makes Seth Rollins look stupid that he got beat by a guy with one arm.

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Now they're gonna push Riddle to the moon. :rolleyes:

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Oh god dammit.

10. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Seems weird that they would have the Riddle/Reigns match on a Smackdown and not MITB. Maybe we get some sort of funny finish on Smackdown that leads to the real match at MITB. But if that is not the case and Reigns retains on Smackdown and is not at MITB that would make 3 straight "premium live events" that would not have a title match.

11. body slam

body slam Member

12. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

A lot has changed since the last post on here.

The Vince McMahon news came out which saw him step down as CEO and Stephanie step into on a interim basis. Vince still remains head of creative which seems weird but this all lead to Vince opening Smackdown which ended up being him reciting the opening tag to WWE shows. My initial though is that this is going to be the last time we see him on WWE tv and because of the ongoing investigation he had to keep it short.

During Riddle's promo hyping up the main event title match that night I thought we were going to get a Orton run in to set up Riddle/Orton. Obviously that didn't happen and getting Brock at the end to set up Roman/Brock at SummerSlam confirms that Orton is dealing with something serious which is a shame because he was doing some of his best work this year.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Tonight is AEW's go home show for Forbidden Door!!! Can't wait for the PPV on Sunday baby, sold out at the United Center, CHITOWN BABY!

14. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I have no idea on his health or status but it would be pretty cool if they did what they did with Jay White passing up Page and Cole to set up a match with Omega tonight for Forbidden Door.

If he is not ready to come back my guess is we get a triple threat between White/Page/Cole for the IWGP Heavyweight Title.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Adam Cole is winning the IWGP title. More bullet club drama. Imagine the heat at United center lmao

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Would be interesting if they paired Cole or even Page winning the IWGP title with Tanahashi winning the AEW title.

Even if its only for a short time would be pretty interesting to see a guy from a different promotion hold the others top prize.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

Exactly. Okada is definitely not winning cause it be pointless for him to lose it to Jay white at dominion and then win it back at forbidden door. I’m still going with the bullet club boys winning it, creating more drama and we’ve yet to see Kenny omega in any of this. It should be interesting come this Sunday. Can’t wait!

18. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Was at my first AEW show last night for Dynamite and they put on a really good live event. They tape the dark matches an hour before going live for Dynamite and then they tape Rampage right after so you end up with about 4 hours of live entertainment.

I was surprised at how much Tony Kahn comes out during the show. It's never on camera but during breaks he comes out hypes up the crowd talkes about upcoming matches and booking decisions and even tells some stories.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. body slam

body slam Member