1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NHL

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CCorn, May 24, 2021.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Three Game 7's tomorrow tonight!!!

#21 boomboom, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The Battle For Alberta is going to be awesome!

Rock Block likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Let’s go ice cats!

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Lived in San Diego in the erarly 90's and fell in love with the Kings and hockey in general. Moved back to Dallas and rooted for the Stars. I grew up with the Aeros in the 70s and would love to see Tillman bring a franchise to the city. The Coyotes are by no means in the clear and I'd love top see an offer made. I live in Tempe and the city council is dying to kill the idea of a franchise here.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

WCF Game 1, Avs beat Oilers 8-6

This would be a good series to watch if you are looking to get into hockey or want to check it out. 2 powerhouse offenses, lots of scoring, lots of stars, arguably the 2 best players in hockey going head to head (Nathan MacKinnon vs. Connor McDavid).

7. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Avs sweep the Oilers to advance to the Cup! Last time Avs were in The Cup was in 2001 in a epic 7 game series that saw them win game 6 and 7 to beat the Devils who were the defending champs in a showdown of the 2 greatest goalies of all time.

Weather its the Rangers or Lightning it feels like its the Avs year.

rhino17 likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

7-0 on the road this playoffs. And they will have home ice in the cup.

Kadri, Kuemper, and Girard are all huge injuries, but this team is a freight train.

Down 2-4 with with like 10 minutes left? No panic, all business. End it 6-5 and finish the sweep.

9. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Kuemper should be back for The Cup as he was the backup in game 4 and will have close to two weeks before The Cup starts.

Unfortunately we know Girard is out for the playoffs. Kadri is going to be the x-factor. All we know is that he had a procedure on his hand. No idea how serious it is but hopefully it's something that 2 weeks rest can mend enough to see him play in The Finals.

Here's hoping Rangers/Lightning go 6 or 7 in a tough physical series.

10. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Lightning win game 4 meaning the Eastern Conference Finals will at a minimum be a 6 game series. I think this means at the earliest the Stanley Cup won't start until Thursday June 16 if the ECF ends in 6 which would be Saturday June 11. But if the ECF stretches to game 7 they would take an extra day off and play that on Tuesday June 14 which would push back the Stanley Cup to Saturday June 18.

We are looking at another week or 9 days for Kadri to get healthy enough to be ready for the opener. Since Keumper was the backup for game 4 and Francouz gave up more than a few goals I would expect Keumper to be the starting goalie come game 1.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Absolute ass whooping last night, incredible performance

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Good response from TB last night. Hopefully Kucherov is OK. It surely didn't look good.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love Nazem Kadri. OT winner with a broken thumb

Watched this one in McGregor Square. Amazing atmosphere

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

21 years is whole lot of time between championships. When the Avs won there last Cup 21 years ago I just graduated high school. Would have never thought I would have to be pushing 40 to see them win another.

Its really cool that Sakic was the captain on those 96 and 01 teams and is the GM for this Cup winner. Sakic is easily the most important figure in Avs history.