1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden Trade Results

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 13, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Harden wasn't traded we wouldn't have the worst record that season which led to Green. So you can include Green. KPJ also wouldn't be here.

2. fchowd0311

Ridiculously high expectations. It's all about his mentality and work ethic at this point of he wants to reach that level. He has the physical tools and his skillset development is rapid.

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Would y’all have really wanted some mediocre “star” on a overpriced contract? F*ck that

I can’t contain myself with how excited I am for KPJ, Green, KMJ, Sengun, top 5, and the Nets pick.

After next year we will be loaded with young star potential & enough cap space to buy Caesars Palace and ain’t nothing more promising & dangerous as that

Y’all complaint over not getting Lavert or Allen but you wouldn’t have Green if we received either most likely

BHannes2BHonest and Plowman like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

addition by subtraction.... ;) lol

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It's a Houston Rockets board where supposedly the second best Rocket of all time was hotly debated for much of his career here.

And his exit demands are now directly tied to the team's future going forward.

Harden will continue to be a topic around here for years and it has nothing to do with fans being "hurt" by him. It's more about him being a disappointment and folks wanting to say "I told you so".

Corrosion and jcmoon like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sounds like an abusive cycle to me.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

To be clear…..very excited about all the upcoming prospects we’ll be getting for Harden who is clearly past his prime. We sold high for once. Just thinking in a strange way that so far you could say we already got Christopher, Green, and KPJ (due to our talks with Cleveland about trading part of the Brooklyn assets to them…opened up the communications for KPJ).

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Jalen Green turns out to be Bradley Beal, would you guys be mad?

9. fchowd0311

Not mad. Just slightly disappointed but still will be a fan and be excited about him as a player.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

We sold high but it was a risk. We were a coin flip from not having Green.

ApacheWarrior and jcmoon like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So you would have rather had a borderline All-Star on a 100 million dollar plus contract than Jalen Green and Josh Christopher? Weird take, bro.

Corrosion and jcmoon like this.
  12. Mattician

Mattician Member

It's crazy to think the Rockets traded Harden at the right time.

He's still a great playmaker and gets the assists, but his scoring has regressed. I'm not sure if he can be THE guy anymore.

Nelly and jcmoon like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anybody got them 2026 midterm results

larsv8 likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think it’s a good chance it’s all mental, and if he hypothetically stayed content in Houston he’d still be averaging 30ppg

When Harden was traded to the Nets he had to adapt to becoming the 3rd scoring option, he heard a ton of criticism saying he would be selfish and he wanted to prove them wrong by becoming more passive then ever. He has the same problems in Philly with it being Embiids team.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The reality is we got out on Harden at exactly the right time.

The package, while it does not provide immediate returns, sets the stage to help this team in the future. The extent of that help is unknown, but it certainly could still be very good.

If we think back to when Tmac was traded in 2010, had we gotten the Harden package from NY, we could have had several chances at very high picks in 2015-2018. NY selected #4, #8 and #9 in the years between 2015-2018, which was right when Houston was ascended to its peak years in the Harden era.

Nothing is certain, but its a big swing....and likely when runners are already on base.

xtruroyaltyx and jcmoon like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You are Monday morning quarterbacking.

In real time I would have held on to JA

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, this, so many here were fixated on the 48% chance our pick would
    go to the Thunder.

I was, like "Bridge to Terabithia".....it is what you make of it. Glass half full.

18. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The only thing that was lost was Morey's obsession to that degenerate malcontent loser...

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This. It’s amazing all of these cats celebrating like the Rockets have won something. Harden is clearly washed and the Rockets dodged a bullet by making the move when he asked out. Harden is long gone and next year will make 3 years. It’s been over. The organization hasn’t won a damn thing in 27 years. As a Rockets fan, I wonder When are they going to build a championship roster? It’s been damn near 30 years.

Imanimal likes this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

???

I disagree.

His lift and first burst are long gone. Those 30ppg days are over. The Rockets got out at the right time. I appreciate Harden making the team relevant while he was here but Father Time has called his number.