1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official Astros @ Twins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 10, 2022.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Yep. Thunderstorms are in the forecast in the area.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Damn man, you have some issues

3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2005: 0-2
    2017: 2-1
    2019: 0-4
    2021: 1-2
    Total: 3-9

I know the other team is great too, but still hard to believe.

everyday eddie, Fulgore and Houstunna like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

that IS old. Divisions started in 1969.

I do agree that interleague play isn't as intriguing as it was the first 5-10 years.

5. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I don’t care much one way or the other about divisions, I do like that they are going to a more balanced schedule though

I like inter league play, gives you a chance to see some players you would otherwise never get a chance to see live

Houstunna likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I hope Castor27 is OK.

8. RussE

RussE Member

GONE! Woohoo!

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Dusty has longevity like Doc Rivers. Incredibly talented teams but he would take the bat away from Tucker just like Doc will take the ball away from Embiid.

11. lnchan

Luis, Framber, and Urquidy are a product of a great development program plus Strom coaching with the technology aided mechanics tutoring. Baker was never there for developing the pitchers.

12. lnchan

Didn't we have a losing record heading into the 2020 playoffs?

13. lnchan

Downside is the all star game has lost all its appeal

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

We have must have more twelve year olds on the board than I thought. If I had run out and deflected Verlander's next pitch, maybe. Otherwise, only the immature and incredibly superstitious believes that that not mentioning a no hitter has any affect on the actual on field performance. Seriously!

marks0223 likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No s***, Sherlock. Of course your post didn't alter space and time. But it's a part of the game and has been for who knows how long. It's not one of those stupid on the field unwritten rules. It's just one of those fun things about the game that most people who love it stand by and participate in.

16. Buck Turgidson

You knew that an action was going to annoy many people, you did it anyway for no reason, then you call the other people "twelve year olds" for reacting?

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

People sure seem to think if someone posts about a no hitter on a message board or social media then it will impact the game. There are definitely posters on this board that think @solid is some sort of God that changed the course of events by typing words on Clutchfans.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If any of the responses were anything but sarcasm, I'd be surprised. We're not f***ing idiots. We all know that a post on a message board doesn't change a game happening 1,000 miles away. Again, it's part of the game. One of those great and fun traditions. @solid broke it and he rightfully got s*** for it...all in good fun. No one was honestly going around their house cursing the name of solid because he brought it up right before the no hitter was broken. I'll always lean towards being more like Crash Davis than I will being Ebby Calvin.

I was at the combined no-hitter in 2019 vs Seattle. My now ex-wife and my sons couldn't understand why we were staying until the last out of a blowout. I tried to explain to them without explaining to them. They never caught on until after it was over and I could finally tell them. My ex said that was stupid. I explained to her that you don't f*** with the baseball gods. She rolled her eyes. We were divorced 10 months later. True story.*

*There were many many other reasons.

JeeberD, Buck Turgidson and marks0223 like this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's been an unwritten rule for 100 years. It's perceive effect is real whether it's real effect exists or not. Just like not stepping o a crack so you don't break your mother's back.