1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You'll see more if you open your eyes and use some critical thinking.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

And the same could be said to you if you set aside your bias toward Harden. You and I clearly don't agree on the take so there isn't any point on continuing this discussion but if you would like to what an actual bad teammate looks like check out the dude in Brooklyn who ruined his teams season, and potential by not falling in line and getting a vaccine.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm looking at things objectively. You're the one distorting events to fit your bias (i.e. the CP3/Westbrook trade).

Harden was a bad teammate to Dwight. Dwight was promised a certain role in the Rockets' offense, and management reneged on the promise. Harden supported management.

Harden was a bad teammate to CP3 by refusing to listen to him.

I disagree about Irving. Refusing to betray his personal beliefs (and being willing to suffer the consequences) doesn't make him a bad teammate. If you disagree, then you must also think Olajuwon was a bad teammate for observing Ramadan during the season.

VickMackey likes this.
  4. foh

foh Member

Sounds like Morey's OKC trade was really a wash. It's been established by now that his boy is consistently inconsistent in playoffs - something Morey's metrics couldn't account for. When goal is in sight, he just loses interest or gets scared. Opposite of MJ. In a team sport where others take cues from the "cornerstone" players (unless you are Josh Smith) it sounds like a certain death in the end.
    He'll probably start getting scared more often as his abilities diminish. Precipitous drop in performance is starting to make sense.
    End of an era. Asian Sensation will be out of his job soon.

EDIT: he should've remained 6th man if he wanted to have a chance at a championship

5. Milos

Milos Member

Dude, literally no one in the entire league likes Harden or wants to play with him

Not Embiid, KD, Kyrie, Russ, CP3, PJ, Ariza, Parsons, Dwight, Bosh, Melo ...

Those are just the guys off the top of my head that have either left the team, passed in joining, or criticized his lack of DEF effort and professionalism

It's become such an open, known thing that Harden is annually clowned on live TV by guys like LBJ & Giannis when they are picking their All-Star game teammates and James goes dead-last in a game that literally counts for nothing

Nobody enjoys Harden on their team anymore except Morey ... and this offseason will likely show James has even burned that bridge after last night's debacle

He's a selfish, washed up, B-tier HoFamer with a sac that shrivels up in the biggest moments over and over and over and over

red5rocket, Pbev99 and wekko368 like this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

man, the trolling and lunacy has really gone too far, you guys are trying too hard

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

We don't even know if that's true. All we know is that Morey would rather have Harden than an indefinitely "injured" Ben Simmons.

8. foh

foh Member

Toronto's renting of Kawhi Leonard for one year was a winning trade. But renting of James Harden for 8 was only a winning trade for the pockets of Mr. Alexander.

I'm not sure this qualifies as trolling/lunacy. You are welcome to explain why you consider this take a lunacy. Truth can be unpleasant. I'm having a hard time with it myself.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

yeah, but you're the bitter ex baby mamma according to their crazy fanatics

VickMackey and Milos like this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Toronto got kawhi for less then nothing because pop was too stubborn (and stupid)to trade him for value. Do you think adams has produced more value then harden since the trade? I guess if you think he has then ya, bad trade. Toronto won cause gs guys got injured, not because they actually beat the warriors (obviously they’d have gotten killed like every single team the warriors played except 2018 rockets)

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Now u r just throwing names at the wall to spin the dumba$$ narrative he's a bad teammate.

Kyrie? the guy who literally ditched lebron james? abandoned the celtics and refused to get vaccinated to play for his team?

KD? the dude who ditched wb, the gsw to ring chase and then bounced? The guy who is literally having twitter wars b/c of his fragile ego?

Russ? The guy who is currently being sht on by lebron and the lakers media? ran off KD?

PJ stuck with Harden for the longest a$$ time, and when it was time to go their separate ways there was no hard feeling. literally just making sht at this point

Ariza? Management didn't want to sign him for a better contract cause he was washed.

Parsons? really this bum went to dallas for more money, it was business.

Dwight? Harden was the unprofessional one? this dude had drama with kobe couldn't get along with kobe but it's harden's fault for being a bad teammate.

Bosh choose lebron over harden. This is just a rando ass name

CP3, folks like to spin it that harden was the final say to push him out, but folks like to conveniently ignore it was our cheap ass owner who was hard pushing it.

We get it u dislike harden, but stop making sht up just cause. B-tier HoF pffft. your hate boner is showing bud.

Harden may not win it all, but his achievement alone he's up there. U can say he won't ever b in discussion for the greatest, but man is not B-tier, whatever the fk that means.

ksny15 likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

If harden doesn’t change his lifestyle he’s going lose out on hundreds of millions of dollars.

We will see how he comes back next year. He has a game that can age well, but he needs to take care of his body.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

what player could you replace Harden with to win a championship with that roster ?

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Kind of shortsighted question. Morey built those rosters with Harden in mind as the centerpiece.

If the centerpiece changes, so would the supporting cast.

15. Milos

Milos Member

I never said anything about those other guys as teammates
    Some of them have some of the same flaws and failures as Harden
    I simply pointed out all of those guys have had issues with Harden as a teammate (or potential one)

As far as B-tier in the HoF...
    It's really simple for me in the NBA:

Did you lead a team to a title?
    A-tier is reserved only for those that did
    That's why they have won almost all of them the past 4 decades
    No need to list those legends

Harden is not one of them
    He's B-tier
    Along with Malone, Barkley, Nique, Iverson, Tmac, etc ...

No shame in that

I am a Rockets fan
    Not a Harden hater
    Now that he's no longer on my team, I have no emotion about his performance
    I'm just objectively pointing out facts

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You don't. CP3 and Harden maximised what that team did. It was a very well put together roster and barring CP3s injury they win a ring. I will never fault anyone for anything that happened during that year. Morey put together a brilliant team. Harden was the best player in the league, CP3 was an elite PG and defensive juggernaut as usual. MDA coached his ass off. If Chis and the price don't get hurt they walk thru everyone in the post season. That has been my favorite year as a fan.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Wasn’t there a rumor that Harden would retire soon because he was done playing?

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I stopped reading his post after seeing PJ. Someone who is incredibly close to James and has stuck up for him on numerous occasions.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's not facts. That's the problem with the folks who dislike harden.
    Types a bunch of sht/slander towards harden, repeat it a bunch of time and like minded folks would agree with it, doesn't make it a fact.

Your definition of B-tier which isn't even a thing, it's yours opinion on making tiers out of HoF.

Dude, literally no one in the entire league likes Harden or wants to play with him.

He was teammates with KD/wb b4 w/ the thunders if your statement was true, they would have never teamed up with him

I simply pointed out all of those guys have had issues with Harden as a teammate (or potential one)?
    Parson, Bosh, Melo, Ariza, PJ?
    what next u gonna throw out wall and cousins also?

Like there is criticism of harden that is warranted to a certain extent, but the one where he's a bad teammate is just u throwing out a bunch of rando names and hoping it sticks.

ksny15 likes this.
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You don’t blame foster or silver? If that game 7 is reffed poorly houston blows them out, it took a historically dominant performance to beat them from foster