1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official Astros @ Twins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 10, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Why would you say that now?

2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

The mythical Tandem I've heard about, but seldom seen repeated. If this happens, are we "marketing" them as trade pieces?

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Most 10-game winning *streaks since 2017

Astros - 6
    Yankees - 3
    Dodgers - 2
    Brewers - 2

Edit- *streaks* not steaks although my smoker has a history better than any team

#543 Houstunna, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Well documented

Javier is actually someone I’ve argued for in the rotation since he was pulled last year. I just don’t understand the timing here, Odorizzi has never thrown better than right now

I know some of y’all don’t like any criticism of dusty, I just don’t get this one at all

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Pretty sure the vast majority of posters in this forum oftentimes are scratching their heads at his moves.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do we get credit for an additional 10 game win streak for each game we add to the current 10 game streak?

Because we should.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course..... silly question by you

When I saw this stat it likely would've had an asterisk giving more detail

*this team did 20 or 30 games

#547 Houstunna, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

You misspelled banging my head against a concrete wall then yelling internally when the Dusty stans defend him or shift blame to the front office.

The Beard likes this.
  9. lnchan

We did... just didn't deploy Horry the way we should have...

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are in n a roll!!!!

Houstunna likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I swear at least once every year we play the AL central leader and beat the ever loving s**t out of them. Then we do it again in the playoffs.

That damn division is a joke. Need to go back to the old 2 division per league format because the centrals are usually coming in limp compared to the other 4.

Marshall Bryant and Joe Joe like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What's well documented about dusty not liking Odo?

Do you really think personal feelings are affecting who is in the rotation?

Do you think Dusty's personal feelings would have sway over who is in the rotation even if it was personal?

I have no problem with people criticizing Dusty its the critics that have no merit that bothers me.

It's like people wait for any perceived problem because we have no idea who will be pitching and start going in on Dusty.:rolleyes:

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Too much to type. :)

14. conquistador#11

Same.
    The only things tainted are the Dodgers who allowed a homer to Marwin &Springer in their own park and giving our pitcher a ball to put in play and score a run in game 7.

The 2019 world series is what's tainted for me. Hinch not putting in Kermit. I'm even considering not watching this series against the Nationals. It was very Seattle choosing to throw the ball 1 yard away when they have their best weapon available.

The Braves world series was a miracle. How they got there with no ace or Lance.

jiggyfly and Fulgore like this.
  15. lnchan

And the young guns finally hitting a wall with all those grand slams.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. Not using Cole. What if.... Dude wasn't coming back so use him up. Too many looks at Will Harris. Any manager knows. More looks you get the better your chances. Ugg.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Still can’t believe Stros lost 4 straight games at home in 2019 WS after going 60-21 during regular season.

18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Guessing they wanted to keep the same order through the rotation, outside of JV, as when they had the 6-man...except, why throw Javier the other day in relief then?

Dusty also said that Verlander wanted to stay on normal rest for this one...and my only guess at the reason why is that he wanted to pitch in Washington since he's never done so (Both games he threw in the 2019 Series were at home). He's started games in 32 ballparks, which isn't close to any kind of record (Jamie Moyer pitched in 50), but my guess is he wanted to pitch there instead of Boston.

Which pushes Odorizzi back to Monday in Boston, followed by Urquidy and Garcia, and then Framber, Javier/Verlander, in some kind of order, followed by Odorizzi for the 4 game set vs Texas when they get home.

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Personal feelings always play a role in decision made by...people

Maybe it's easy to defend removing Odorizzi from the rotation when he is finally pitching well, but I haven't heard that good explanation from anyone yet

As for your last sentence, maybe we don't have any idea of who will be pitching but really we should, I mean we have been "fairly" successful with the 6 man rotation, and if they do feel it's necessary to go away from it because of the off day, we have a guy who has been very successful in both roles

In any case, carry on being jiggy

20. Buck Turgidson

The sad thing is, as much as he gets blamed, Harris made a great pitch and Kendrick put a career-best swing on it. His career BA on that pitch in that zone was something that started with .0 iirc.