1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Manfred only uses tin can telephones.

msn likes this.
  2. msn

msn Member

Yankees suck. Many Yankee fans suck. Manfred sucks. This has not changed since the letter was opened.

I hope they make the playoffs. I hope the Astros send them home again. No mercy.

Stephen66, vince, RunninRaven and 2 others like this.
  3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Egregious appears to be related to whether the team doing it is a pet franchise or not. Pet's receive fines and the rest of the league receives warnings. Non pets get the works thrown at them.

vince likes this.
  4. Radricky

Radricky Member

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

When you cheat as much as they have, you have to make yourself believe it’s different

6. msn

msn Member

Hey Brian, pucker up:

(_|_)

Signed,
    your 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros

7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

He is using the punishment handed out as evidence of the severity of the crime. That is so ****ing stupid.

8. vince

vince Member

Well, baseball is trying to make the Yankees like able, and will pull no punches.

People hate them nationwide, because everyone knows they cheat and play outside the lines all the time. They can outspend, buy propaganda vía supposed unbiased national media, and get but slaps on the hand when they get caught. They benefited the most during the steroid era, to a tune of several titles.

MLB loves them Yankees and Red Sox. The Yankees the Casey Jones of baseball, and the Red Sox, the lovable can’t get over the hump elite team - curse of the Bambino (obviously them winning the title(s)) screwed up their image; I don’t think the Red Sox will ever be so cuddly to root for now).

So the media paid for and bought with Yankee Money went after the Astros, hoping to become likeable, but with the Yankees being beat down by the Astros for so many years, including years the Yankees themselves were cheating against the Astros (and the Yankees still lost, lol), and not winning so much anymore has taken the limelight away from the Yankees.

Without winning World Series, the Yankees are just chugging along like any other team. Missing out, makes them likeable.

9. SuraGotMadHops

This is the kind of smugness you can walk around with despite being on record as the franchise that started the entire illegal sign stealing party when you know the MLB, the Commish, and all major media outlets are there to protect you.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Cashman took the bait...hook, line and sinker. Crane laid the trap...and Cashman, in his hypocritical wisdom, couldn't avoid stepping right in the middle of it.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Fight! Fight! Fight! No Cheating!

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

That just proves you own the judge.

PuzzledFan, raining threes and vince like this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I like how Cashman is talking s*** but signed Marwin Gonzalez and Carlos Beltran works for his Yankees sports network.

raining threes likes this.
  14. vince

vince Member

It’s because the Astros were the key team knocking out the Yankees since 2015. Or better yet, stole the Yankees thunder. And the Yankees are bitter about it.

Funniest thing is the Yankees were cheating against the Astros in 2015, and the Astros still beat them in their own house out in the Bronx.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/carlos-beltran-sign-stealing-yankees-broadcast.html

During the YES Network’s Thursday coverage of the Yankees and Los Angeles Angels, the broadcast discussed pitch tipping and picking up on pitchers’ tendencies. Ignoring his own controversial history, Beltran chimed right in.

“If you could find something that you could take advantage and use it to put your team in a position to win, you know, you’re gonna do it,” Beltran stated.

Yankees play-by-play voice Michael Kay asked Beltran if he would keep the information to himself, or share it with his teammates. Beltran didn’t hesitate to admit he would share the advantageous insight.

“I share my information, I want everyone to have success,” Beltran said. “A lot of times some guys, they like it, sometimes they say, ‘you know what? I don’t want to know.’ I said, ‘you don’t want to know? I want to know what’s coming!’ That would put me in position to feel good at the plate.”

Beltran was a member of the Astros in 2017, but he was also deemed to be a central figure in the creation of the franchise’s illegal scheme, reportedly telling the club their sign-stealing methods were outdated when he arrived.

“Derek Jeter was one of the guys that he didn’t want a part of it, he didn’t want to know,” Beltran divulged. Jeter and Beltran played together during the captain’s final season with the Yankees in 2014 and the Yankees traded Beltran one season before he supposedly implored the Astros to improve their sign-stealing methods.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

"illegal scheme". Cute wording.

The Astros methods were outdated per what Beltran was doing previously with the Yankees. Would be nice to see a national media member say those words. Not going to happen...but it would be nice.

17. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Any media member who criticizes the Jankess no longer gets access to them.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Both true and common these days. Same with MLB commish.

Stephen66 likes this.
  19. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

This is still a concern! Idc if that fraud Fudge (PEDS?) has 30 HR’s. This belongs in the forefront!

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm not mad at Beltran. I'm mad because MLB and the NYYs acted so sanctimoniously as they punished the Astros for trying to do what the Yankees were doing while MLB looked the other way.

But it's totally different.

Yankees Outfield Camera.
    Astros Outfield Camers

Yankees relayed info to batters in real time.
    Astros relayed information to batters in real time.

Yankees used electronic devices
    Astros used trash cans.

Totally different.