1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As you said his game could bounce back.

Father Time rules every time, his physical condition has gone downwards.

groovemachine likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get that at that point Harden seemed to be better but the defensive side is vastly underrated on this page, the very place the Dream lit on fire with his defensive presence.

6'11 Freak with enormous physical talents, above the rim vs someone who is obv skilled but played below the rim

#902 daywalker02, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  3. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

its funny people assume that with bigger hands/feet longer limbs its automaticaly same ball handle, shooting form etc… I had a growth spurt of like 10 inch and its really hard adopting

burlesk and roslolian like this.
  5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Probably hard for most casual people yes true, but for pros these players did okay...

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba/15-craziest-growth-spurts-in-nba-history

burlesk likes this.
  6. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Harden and disappearing in big games, storyline from 2013 and beyond continues. Wonder what the excuse for him this yr is? Choices are concussion, he's tired from all the workload on him < my favorite, needs more help, hamstring. I wouldnt be surprised to see him spotted at a club in philly later today. Dude used to lose and head straight to the club, just glad i dont have to make excuses for him anymore

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I doubt it. Harden can be 6'10 but his hard partying habits wouldnt change. How can he better than KD? KD actually works hard on his craft like Giannis. Harden has been mailing it in the offseason since 2018.

If Giannis was 6'5 he'd still make it to the NBA cuz he is a hard worker and he is athletic AF, he is more than just his height. All you need to do is look at a couple of highlight compilations to know he does more than dunk nowadays.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Agreed. Time would tell and it has. Some people are built for the playoffs and some aren't. And it seems very apparent that "built for the playoffs" means being able to play defense and in a style that can't be schemed out over a seven game series. Curry and Dirk are probably the two examples of bad defensive players that were amazing playoff performers.

Draymond Green said it himself. You just have to tire James out. Once he gets tired he can't do his thing. That's why he's been wilting in the second halves. Before he had the energy. He doesn't anymore. Glad we traded him when we did. We picked second in the best draft since the Lebron draft. Rockets could have won a title with Harden and CP3. But they both butted heads and now I hope that Chris doesn't win one either so they can both think about that in 10 years. If it was worth it.

Dobbizzle, burlesk, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He can't get by his defender. When he did, there are 3 Heat waiting for him. Heat game plan is basically double and triple team Embiid and Harden and force other to score.

HP3 likes this.
  11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Good team play differently in playoff. They adjust their game plan. Doc is just bad at adjustment. Lue is better than him.

ksny15 likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Running and dunking does take talent -- just like walking and chewing gum.

clos4life likes this.
  13. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Daa Greek freak with 13 bricks at the free throw line

Back to back choke jobs for a grea

Skillless

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give Harden only an athletic body with no skills, starting basketball at age 16 ish and what he turns into.......

clos4life likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Harden fanbois will forever be salty that Giannis has 2 MVPs, a Championship and a Finals MVP. Everything they wish their boy had including a nice hairline.

Lurch likes this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Why do you Hate him so much? Living rent free man

JusBleezy and clos4life like this.
  17. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

He's very lucky

18. RJ2311

RJ2311 Member

Giannis = trash.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Commits offensive foul on every single drive, gets awarded free throws. Miss all those free throws anyway and lose to a injury ridden 8th seed. it's like pottery

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man, he is a great player, all this hate - is just ridiculous.

DD

daywalker02 likes this.