1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I.D.I.O.T.] Rockets would welcome Harden back if that was ever in the cards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 5, 2022.

1. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

You are way to invested in this. Harden is halfway into a bottle right now and here you are “disappointed” in people discussing a game

BigggReddd, red5rocket and eliefor3 like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eh, people said the same thing about Chris Paul.' But once he fully healed and recovered he was back to being the point god.

People underestimate how hard it is to come back from a hamstring injury - if he was truly have issues with it in Mar then yeah, he's not going to be himself.

I think the key for the sixers is to get healthy, and trade for Eric G this offseason.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you read what I said with a grain of sadness in my writing voice, I don't think you'd think that.

I loved Harden, but his fall from grace hasn't been pretty. I still keep hoping he goes into an elimination game with the same fire he did so many times when he was surrounded by less than top tier talent. Then he'd take over to win games when it seemed impossible. That's the James Harden the world deserves, the fire Harden, but he's lost that fire at the end of every single playoffs he's been in minus his one year in 2018. He had bad luck that year with CP3 going down, but what Harden needed to know back then is that he still should've won that Warriors series. He was enough. Fire Harden wins games. He doesn't need to blame CP3 or injuries or bad luck, he needs to blame himself for not finding the fire he has inside himself when it matters most.

Harden needs to find his soul again and he needs to be able to talk to it. Because I've seen him master it and it's beautiful.

Time to do it on the only stage the non-fans look towards for basketball knowledge. Without it, there will always be doubters... including himself.

It's time to take a pay cut, maybe come off the bench again, play to prove himself to others and find the inner James Edward Harden Jr. that only he knows. Tell that guy to come out and play ball. This money chasing, shoe dealing, designer clothes, candy branding, looking for friends after he's already been drinking... that's not him. That's what he can afford to be with the notoriety he earned. But that stuffs not what dreams are made of in the driveway. It's the 3.. 2.. 1.. swish dream he needs to chase. What does it take to get to that 3... 2... 1... moment that no one will EVER forget? That should be his drive, the journey to get to that moment. Do the things it takes to get to that moment because the moment itself will take care of itself.

Take a step back, make basketball it. Basketball and nothing else. The fire returns when he and he alone goes looking for it. Too many distractions right now.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I’ve been saying for a few months that his burst and lift was gone. I think it’s the miles he’s put on his body and that never ending night life. And next year he’s going to be a year older. That cat has $47 million coming if he opts in and he better save that money because his max dollar days are done. He had a good run but the Rockets got out in the nick of time before his game fell off of a cliff.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Honestly harden looks like cp3 his last year here. Good player but you could tell he can't get his own shots off on a routine bases. Cp3 went into they offseason and changed his diet and prob other things to reenergize his body. Harden is now at a point where he can't just put on weight in hopes of getting traded. If he cares at all, he will need to go back in the gym and actually work on his body and get into extreme shape

6. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Sure, Harden and a 1st for Wall. Get'er done Morley

hongxingli, jcmoon and juanm34 like this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No no :p

We don’t want Harden we will like Harris + 2 picks & 2 swaps for Wall. :)
    Let’s make it happen and we forget the past

ofc we would flip Harris after

juanm34 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would not bet my money on Troel Fraudiid either, too injury prone and sometimes juvenile when he lost MVP award.

For both guys, it is easier to stuff stats in the regular season, way easier.

Daryl just asks for those imperfect situations but well.

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Big difference is that Cp3 still tried especially on defense but his offense or go to moves like those midrange shots wouldn’t go in. He lost a step.

Harden hasn’t seem to care on defense or offense anymore at times. And even in Houston he would have those infuriating games where he would look lost or disengage.

also another difference is that Cp3 had always kept in shape and has never had the night life style that Harden has. Harden isn’t 25 anymore yet he still party. He hasn’t been in the greatest Shape since idk how long. He tries to get in shape during the season but that’s not the same as being ready and taking care of his body the entire year.

in short Harden will have to change his life style, his diet and work ethic if he wants to have a resurrection like cp3 had.

he might feel he has the money on the bag since I’m sure Morey assured Harden would get it if he went to Philly.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

The dude played through a broken face and broken thumb. Lol, calling a dude like that a Fraud is wow. If you got hit as much as he did youd be "injury prone" too.

Xopher likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fair enough but peeps forgot how prone he was starting his career.

At one point Simmons was more relied upon, Ben Simmons, lol, but it was all in the past.

Let that sentence ring in your ear.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James will need to completely rededicate himself to his conditioning if he wants to sniff a championship.

Dwight, CP3, KD, Kyrie, Embiid ... at some point its on you.

Bo6, beardsanity713 and groovemachine like this.
  13. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Are you crazy Harden is finished. In his heyday he rather party hang out with Baby spend a million bucks in a strip club. Blame others remember first Dwights fault then Paul fault then Westbrick fault.

HE DOESN’T HAVE THE HEART ON A CHAMPION
    And never will. He is like a Bad Girlfriend never going to change always about them and love to blame others.

jcmoon likes this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Harden and the playoffs is not a good combination. He’s a good player, but he’s not a winner. He’s proven that so many times now.

jcmoon likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

A diminished Harden who has done some sould searching and willing to take less than max may not be a bad thing...

Let's say he's a 15 point scorer with good ball handling playing a classic point guard...

Move KPJ to Gordon role... not a terrible fit.. i just don't see Harden maturing like that.

I think Morey is going to pay him and move Rivers and Harris out for a couple of role players...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Harden can still be good. He's like an old Jason Kidd but much worse on defense and better on offense. But he's not worth a superduper max or whatever.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

18. Rockets4Life13

Yes but Chris Paul loves Basketball more than almost anyone else in the league. Listen to him talk on podcasts, all he cares about is Basketball and his family.

James otoh, while a hard worker which he has proven, cares a lot about Basketball but also a lot about other stuff outside of it. Unfortunately, the stuff he cares about outside of Basketball don't make it easier for him to be the best version of himself.

I personally doubt that Harden returns to his greatness. I think it's downhill from here.

BigggReddd and jcmoon like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe. It's really up to him at the end of the day. He can recover and still have a great career, but he definitely needs to start taking care of his body now. I can't imagine all that partying is good for it.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When this thread was first posted, I said "hell no".

I still essentially say "hell no", but with a caveat, I'd allow Harden back on the team for the league minimum, as a bench player.

I don't want him back in any other scenario. He simply cannot be trusted to put forth effort and not alienate his teammates.

Just a quick recap of his past several seasons

He single handedly destroyed the best team the Rockets have ever had, forcing Chris Paul off the team for Westbrick.

When that falls to ****, he forced his way off the team, with the hopes of having Durant and Kyrie carry him.

He then alienates those teammates when they failed to carry him and everything fell to ****, so he forced his way off that team, with the hopes of having Embiid carry him.

He seemingly has already alienated his teammates in Philly and it seems inevitable that everything is going to fall to **** there.

It certainly seems like Harden is the problem.

There's no denying his talent, but the issue is with who he is as a person. I don't think that can be fixed. That's why I would only want him back at the minimum as a role player. So if he doesn't put forth effort, and he starts to alienate his teammates with his BS, you can just cut him and be done with it.