1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta: Rockets expect to make ‘big move’ by 2023-24 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madbomber, May 5, 2022.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Jimmy butler got traded twice. Kawhi got traded once. All for worse packages than Anderson and Ariza and 5 first round picks. Even if Kawhi only played 1 year with us. Don't you think we win it all that year.

Even if we made no trade. You don't think those first round picks we gave away and Deanthony Melton coulda helped our team?

Der Rabbi likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No Anderson last year was after we traded him. And Ariza signed a 1 year deal. So he was still expiring. Think your the only stupid one here.

YOLO likes this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Ppl still mad at Tilman

-It was time to rebuild
    -Harden's clearly not taking anybody anywhere, he needed to go
    -The rebuild has went VERY well given we already have a potential cornerstone & top 5 lottery pick coming up

The post Harden rebuild has went VERY well and Rocket fans should be excited. Tilman hired the right GM, kudos to Stone for changing the negative stigma we had with Morey

Rudyc281 and CVcrew like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

the clueless and dumbasses continue to tell on themselves. It’s hilarious

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree when Harden was traded it was time to rebuild. But that's only because of all the cost cutting and crap moves Tillman forced on us the previous three seasons. That team was nowhere close to the 2018 team anymore.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

And also that 2019 pick we gave away. Guess who was drafted 2 picks after it. Jordan Poole. He's dominating the playoffs right now.

7. Landry's Tooth

That's not how it works or the highest paid team would win all the time.

Call me patrick all you want, just displays your ignorance...

8. Landry's Tooth

You know, you keep saying cost cutting but you aren't saying what was cut....

Crap moves? Fertitta told Harden he was going to get rid of Paul?

If the reporting is wrong you need to explain what you know and how you know it.

9. Landry's Tooth

Well then blame morey for passing on Kawhi and costing us rings..

Just a dumb game to play...

10. Landry's Tooth

1) Butler didn't want to play with Harden
    2) The spurs weren't interested in picks so no, the package wasn't better. They took allstar Demar Derozan back.
    3) How much is Melton helping the Suns? None right now, right?

This is a dumb game because you're answer is we could have traded for x player which isn't known but can't be disproven. We could have offered 5 picks for Anthony Davis right? But what if they say no?

Also, why waste the roster spot? Just give Ariza 30 million to be Harden's designated driver and develop a player with the Anderson roster spot...

11. Landry's Tooth

So, you call me stupid but they did what you said they should do and traded an expiring ryan anderson?

They just didn't get Curry for him like you expected, right?

Lmao....

12. Landry's Tooth

Yeah, i don't get it. He didn't trim payroll by ranking. They consistently were top 10 in payroll. People complain about moves but they don't know who pushed the move... seems more like Harden being appeased by Morey and then Darryl having to retool the roster as a result.

All you need to know is people are mad he didn't pay ryan Anderson and Ariza a lot of money to sit on the bench...

13. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Y’all: Tillman sucks
    Me: I hope Tillman buys the Texans and gets us a Hockey Team.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Patrick....you aren't fooling anyone.

No one in their right mind would ever defend this owner.

There is no debate here, he is awful.

Literally made the worst possible decisions at every step.

And a douche to boot.

YOLO likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

More general statements and no specifics. Makes me think you're a poser who isn't even a fan paying attention...

I haven't defended fertitta. Ive just pointed out mistakes and lies being told. You say he doesn't spend money but there are more than 20 teams who spend less.

You blame him for breaking up a team and then chasing out the gm who broke it up. You can't have it both ways...

Honestly, I'd ignore you by now if it wasn't so easy to mock your errors and entertain me doing so...

You may commence discussing the lavish money to be thrown at ryan anderson or ariza now to literally do nothing on the court... oh the missed opportunities to have paid ryan anderson nearly a million dollars a game for the rest of his career... how dare Tilman not enrich ryan anderson in such ways... afterall, Kevin Durant or kawhi leonard might demand to be trade for ryan anderson and picks...

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Impossible cuz we ran out of assets going for luxury tax savings..

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure he had 2 years left when we traded him. I believe the other team just bought him out. He was not an expiring. His value was at an all time low and we had to attach assets and picks to get rid of him.
    I woulda been happier if we just let him expire. Who cares if we didn't trade him. At least we still have our picks and Melton.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You want specifics?

I literally wrote a novel on this dipshit over two years ago.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1939179

YOLO likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

People arguing this don't have a clue about the CBA and how salary matching works .....

It all started with the dumping of Ryan Anderson at the cost of Melton, rather than riding that deal out and getting something for your troubles ... and it just got worse from there , Ariza - Ennis - Melo then the Westbrook mess ..... The last time they spent the full MLE was on PJ Tucker ....then nothing while they desperately needed to add talent .... but they never paid the tax while people were saying they were afraid of the repeater tax ....

Can't pay the repeater if you never pay the tax once.

RHU525 and YOLO like this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

All i saw was more of the same whining....

The specifics? Not spending on players that were later proven to be done as nba players. Sorry, but there's no need to waste money when you are already carrying one of the highest payrolls...

I also noticed a complete blindspot to multiple reports that Harden wanted Paul gone and Westbrook in. You freaking genius that Morey went to him to make the final call.

Deanthony Melton isn't some superstar and was dumped by tge team we sent him to.

Jim crane actually gutted the Astros payroll to the lowest in the league, not top 10. You must really hate jim crane for doing what you're claiming fertitta did...

Honestly just admit you're being bigoted or have some grudge and get over it. Fertitta can't afford to be an nba owner? This source says he's the 9th richest just ahead of mark cuban.. let me know if you need another source, i doubt he's really in the bottom 5 or something..

https://clutchpoints.com/the-richest-team-owners-in-the-nba/

You wrote the book on it allright; too bad it was fiction...