1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Rockets should trade Jae’Sean Tate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Literally Didn’t read your reply. Don’t care.You will probably respond again lmao

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Jae Sean Tate should give up trying to improve his 3 pt shot because he is too old at 26. No need in trying to improve his game or add new dimensions to it. No need since after two years in the league he has plateaued! lol

snowconeman22 and saleem like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

“The fact of the matter” lmao idiot. Sorry i had to respond this this one. Too funny.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not sure why you decided to have a complete meltdown over this, it's a simple internet discussion that you are taking very personally. Questioning Tate's ability to improve in his 3PT shot is a "perfectly valid assessment".

At this point, your post quality is about as good as Tate's 3PT shooting, 30% of the time it's going somewhere. However, also like Tate's 3PT shooting, it's not worth responding to.

D-rock likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a luxury player that we don't need it will be 3 to 4 years before we are good enough to contend, he should be sent to a playoff team now to maximize his career.

DD

Rocketeer likes this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I agree with the arguments except with KJM needs to start.
    OK, we may agree KJM ceiling being higher than Tate's, but come on... start at SF?

snowconeman22 and saleem like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think the “should” will be determined by what the actual price is .

Imo he is very good and will be so much better on a good team . If a few other guys take steps , he’s exactly what you want .

I tend to believe the “we will have higher expectations next year” is true .. and not just coach/ owner speak .

you want to progress . I am not very high on KMJ .

I think if it’s worth waiting for wood or kmj to figure it out .. it’s worth it to wait on Tate .

I have seen him handle the ball with confidence in transition and from certain areas of the floor and make the right decision a high percentage of the time .

if the team gets a better defensive reputation then he can also be better on the defensive end .

his 3pt showed some improvement I thought. He also bricked a bunch . This year was good for him to get the experience of playing more games and learning how to deal with the nba beating .

he was 63/203

if he makes 10 more 3’s his percentage goes up to 35.9 .

With a full offseason of chemistry building with another top pick and green and co ...

To me , the factors for a tate breakout are formulating .

6 reb
    5 ast
    2 steal
    3rd team all D

rockets win 30 games next year

Stephen_A likes this.
  8. VoR

VoR Member

He is too much an icon of the present culture we are building. He's not going anywhere.

Stephen_A likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

How is it higher? He doesn’t have the fundamentals Tate has. Not good man defender. No handles. No post game. No First step explosion. Very streaky shooter. Other than dunks and occasionally blocking bigs on weak side help what does KMJ do better?

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes. The idea that a player will never be better at shooting and that the arbitrary magical age at 26 is “too old” is absurd especially not rooted by statistical evidence but mere conjecture. He will be better. Hustle and work ethic influences other players on and off the court.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Didn’t read one word of this post. Thanks for your effort though

12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Better shooter, faster, (and ofc better leaper, dunker, blocker) meaning he could have a higher potential hidden in him, while Tate will be what Tate is: a great defender, quick hands.
    But I agree on KJM proven nothing than running and dunking so far, this is why I completely dismiss the idea of him starting lol

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I never said 31% is good. Its not atrocious either. KMJ shot .320 and below through DEC had 2 hot months then .235 in APR so by no means is he a great shooter himself and his numbers are deceiving. Tate would have more value as a player and better skill set including man defense. But just as Tate can improve KMJ can as well.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

He isn’t faster than Tate off the dribble. He may be more athletic but not better dribble drive player with no explosion on the first step or handles since he isn’t a one on one player. But we both agree he isn’t starting material

saleem likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

For all those that still think 26 years old is “too old” or that a player plateaus after 2 seasons in the NBA and cannot or likely won’t grow then I would like to showcase another Rocket legend PJ Tucker who was not a good shooter his first couple seasons in the NBA.

He had played his rookie season then overseas for 5 years then his first full season in the NBA which he only shot .314. He then shot .387 the next year at age 28 on 191 attempts as he was gradually developing into a 3-D player. He wasn’t a three point shooter in Europe even but developed his game and reinvented himself.

This shows that growth occurs with players even at “older” ages and that the possibility is there. I use the word Possibility. I don’t have enough data since I haven’t found a study or thorough analysis of this phenomenon so Im not going to use terms like “great possibility”, “fact of the matter”, “absolutely” as others in this thread have proclaimed. But I have named several players who were poor shooters who developed into a respectable shooter (lonzo, ariza, rondo, crowder, marcus smart). Arguments against growth and improvement in shooting specifically attaching a numerical age value without the data to back up is simply conjecture and doesn’t hold weight.

#175 Stephen_A, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Tate needs more defensive help.

snowconeman22 and Stephen_A like this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Tate needs to grow 6 inches then he would be a fine starter for us. Alas, he is through growing and is and always will be a good role player off the bench.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

PJ Tucker is 6’5”

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He was too short as well for the role and he was very good at corner threes. He was/is a much better defender and rebounder than Tate. I am really tired of undersized forwards on this team. Both Tate and Tucker are poor defensive rebounders for the PF position. Rebounding has been a constant issue with this team since Capella left.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tari Eason is a 6'8 Jae'Sean Tate with 36% 3P.

Jeremy Sochan is 6'9 Jae'Sean Tate with worse 3P%.

Rashmon likes this.