1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tilman Fertitta: Rockets expect to make ‘big move’ by 2023-24 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madbomber, May 5, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

They are over the cap and tanking.

Didn't they build a new practice facility?

Again, you state your opinion and no basis for it.

Not trying to pick a fight, i just have no idea where you are getting this belief from...

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

this guy said new practice facility lol. omg. you seriously are new. you are not even close to up to par

I don't need to explain anything to a newb when i've done so since he became owner in the summer of 17. do some research and use the search button. Theres countless material

3. Landry's Tooth

Ok, I'll just take the understanding it's not that bad since i haven't seen it and you won't put two sentences together to cite a reason...

Not calling you lazy but you made as much an effort explaining you won't explain your thinking as it would have taken to do so...

Btw, i don't have to explain anything to you because you know, ive posted stuff before... works both ways...

Done with you...

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't take newbs seriously so go somewhere else with this.

new practice facility built. LMFAO. someone who is a Tilman apologist but doesn't even know wtf is going on. foh

5. kdaltaccount

kdaltaccount Member

Victor Wembanyama

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What is even the point of making a big splash in free agency that year?

Houston isn't a destination city. We can only get good players in free agency if one of our guys has an existing relationship, we overpay, or we get an undervalued player.

I'd be interested in a salary dump for picks trade where we take on big contract role players.

7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That you, Patrick?

YOLO likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He just responds with nonsense actually. I recently said I enjoyed watching Green and Sengun this last season. I got nonsense back about enjoying losing and having a loser mentality blah blah blah. I never said that. Asked the poster where i said it. Got more nonsense. Realized that I wasting my time.

ApacheWarrior and Corrosion like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you know the rockets got a new practice facility. They used LTS to build it

10. Landry's Tooth

The ignore button is great..

I wasn't even saying he's wrong, i just haven't seen how TF is some awful owner...

The move for Russ was predicated on appeasing Harden; which is a Morey thing he built as a culture in the organization. TF had the vision to make the decision no one was willing to because they had hope Harden might do something his last couple of seasons...

I liken it to when Boston moved their guys to the Nets that ultimately led to Brown and Tatum...

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Good lord...

Patrick, please get out of the front office immediately.

Der Rabbi, Richie_Rich and YOLO like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

something something like this haha

groovemachine and J Sizzle like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh shut up Patrick. The board doesn’t need your nonsense

14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ill believe it when I see it

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't know why anyone would be upset at Tilman for making that statement, essentially, he said what some of us predicted last year ... That they would have money to spend and they'll add a premium talent as a result, one way or another.

They'll have Wall, EG, Nwaba & Wood all coming off the books to the tune of $86,646,579.

The only player who won't be on a team option is this years draft pick, everyone else will be on a team option or non-guaranteed deal.

They will have $24,268,137 in total salary committed to just 7 players plus this years draft picks salary slot on the books. The salary cap floor will be $115,290,000. They'll have to spend $91,021,863 (including this years draft choice) just to reach the cap floor.

And in the mean time, they'll stick to the process.

Yeah, Water is Wet.

#115 Corrosion, May 9, 2022
    Last edited: May 9, 2022
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

But did he say that or is that what we're going with? lol

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

So.. you think Tilman needs to Shut Up and Listen?

Someone should write a book about that

ico4498 likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

$86,646,579. coming off the books and the fact that after that point they owe draft picks to the Thunder is a road map that's been drawn and highlighted for you.

19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Precisely, thanks for breaking down the money, this has always been the theory of the 3 year rebuild. It’s not unrealistic to imagine watching the Rockets in the 2nd round In 2024. :D

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's what maybe the deductive reasoning says, but he never stated he was going to spend money. My guess is he will, but people are acting like his statement said he was going to - which he didn't. He could just have meant he knows we're going to suck next season and the following season we should be a better team.