1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching "Slow Horses" on Apple TV. It's a typically BBC spy thriller series with Gary Oldham doing a typically great Gary Oldham role as a spy burnout.

I think it's kind of falling through the cracks at Apple TV, though.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. Buck Turgidson

Not sure I will ever hear that Proclaimers song again and not think of that scene.

It's quite good, very BBC slow burn, like you said.

Ottomaton likes this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

The Law & Order reboot is garbage. If you were hoping for a return to compelling storytelling based on events "ripped from the headlines", this ain't it. I'm black and I was made uncomfortable with all the "blame whitey, other races are brainless and weak" narratives. Anthony Anderson is a caricature that doesn't know he's a caricature. Jeffrey Donovan, who is one of my favorite actors and the sole reason I was watching the reboot to begin with, can't figure out if he's a closet racist or a simple man with prejudices that longs for the good old days, either way his character sucks. Camryn Manheim who plays the captain has as much personality as a kiosk. And the attorneys from the DA's office are portrayed as over emotional to the point of stupidity. This **** should've stayed in the vault.

Entropy and jiggyfly like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Is Ice-T involved?

6. Fantasma Negro

Odafin Tutuola has not made an appearance

7. Buck Turgidson

The 1st minute sets up the Ice-T part:

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Love me some Mulaney, even now that he's clean and chubby he's still hilarious

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You nailed it exactly.

I watched 2 episodes and forgot about it, they forgot about everything that made the show great in the beginning and leaned into the woke propaganda too hard.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No one watching Ozarks?

Rocket River

11. Buck Turgidson

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

I've been watching Seinfeld for the first time for the last month or so in between series. Not sure why I slept on this sitcom for so long, but it's pretty fantastic.

After watching an episode last night, I had an "I understood that reference" moment when @CrazyJoeDavola was mentioned.

Of the all the episodes I've seen thus far The Strike is my fav. It's the one where Seinfeld's girlfriend looks great, except for when she stumbles into bad lighting.

Other than Seinfeld...

Finished Ozark. One of the few that loved the last half of the final season.

Got caught up with Snowfall. It's pretty good, but not great. Will keep on watching this series until it ends.

We finished all of House of Cards a few weeks ago. What a crap ending. I mean, I'm ok with what happened at the end, but it was just too abrupt.

Got caught up with Billions, which should have ended when the Axlerod story was over.

#1292 OmegaSupreme, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
    CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's a shame I don't have HBOMax since Carlin is probably one of my favorite comics of all time. There are only a few others I'd probably put anywhere near him in terms of talent/skill. Awesome awesome talent.

Andre0087 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

"Damn, we're in a tight spot."

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Glad you got around to Seinfeld I wish there was something so great I could catch up on that I had not seen.

I stopped watching Snowfall after the 2nd season it was ok and I have the rest stacked up on DVR, but I have not revisited, does it get better stay the same or worse it other seasons?

16. Buck Turgidson

Borrow or buy a login for a month just to watch all the good stuff.

17. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Undone on Prime Video. It's a psychological mind bending animated show starring Bob Odenkirk. I wasn't familiar with this show but season 2 recently came out and I binged it all over the last week.

S1 trailer

I'm also working my way through, and enjoying, Blade Runner: Black Lotus. There was a thread about it last year - https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/anime-series-blade-runner-black-lotus.312393/

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Beezy

Beezy Member

Finished Severance. Great performances from the whole cast. Best new show I've seen in a long time.

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

I think it got slightly better. Like other series, the stakes get raised a bit more, enemies become frenemies, and friends become flat out enemies. From prior seasons, you can tell which becomes which by the occasional side eye that a character gives another character. It's entertaining if there's nothing else to stream.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Season 1 did not leave me chomping at the bit for season 2

IS it worth the time

Rocket River