1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The bad part of this draft is there's no obvious clear-cut HOF type player or two.

The good part of this draft is truly any of Chet, Paolo, Jabari, Ivey and MAYBE Sharpe (I'm not sold) could be that guy, potentially, and you can then maybe get that guy at #4.

But then the bad part again is all 4 of those guys might be "meh" or have some serious weakness that makes them productive, but not as needle moving as you want out of a top 4 pick.

I'm not getting into the back and forth here.

I felt so "wrong" on the Mobley/JG debate for a while, even though while i was 100% camp JG, it was like 55%/45%, and i multiple times said/asked if there'd be any way Cleveland would have entertained some kind of Wood+ swap to get both picks.

And look, if the Rockets end up 4th, the decision is basically made for them - unless a Scottie Barnes type comes out of nowhere - i DON'T personally think that's Sharpe... and more to the point, i was NEVER high on Suggs (even though he can become a solid NBA player), whereas its possible you could argue Ivey as the top pick of this draft (i won't but its at least possible).

The last 10 minutes of the draft lottery, like last year, will be one of the more exciting moments of the season for me, that's for sure!

2. H. Christopher

I’m still on the Chet train

D-rock, Little Bit and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

As are most knowledgeable posters.

4. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I think he is is underrating Koloko here.

Koloko is 11 months older than Kessler, and picked up basketball much later in life. The age difference is inconsequential. I'm not totally convinced Kessler will be late career Brook Lopez when he shoots 20% on 3's and is a much worse FT shooter than Koloko. He transferred out of UNC because they wouldn't let him jack up 3's and handle the ball (which is another skill I don't think will translate to NBA), so of course Bruce Pearl gave him the green light.

I'll say Kessler is a talented ambidextrous rim protector.. but I think I prefer Koloko's ability to slow down people on the perimeter, while not giving up much shot blocking. Arizona let him switch onto guards by design, and I think that defensive versatility is more useful than a limited coverage big that might space the floor.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Somebody off they meds.

Is this you?

[​IMG]

mario_v likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Do you need more attention?
    How many threads you gonna start today that no one responds to.
    I pray you don’t have kids or a wife, they definitely don’t get any attention

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not real high on Kessler it's very different being a rim protector in college than in the NBA and he is very stiff, I don't think I would pick him in the 1st.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Another dumb take

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Oh, yeah I have not started any threads today so as usual you have no idea WTF you are talking about.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Today isn’t over. I’m sure you’ll start something, some random thought while in your basement.
    Pathetic little man

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Neither Sochan nor Dyson Daniels have good 3P%.

These rankings push down my favorite 3-D player who could also be the best defensive player after Chet - Tari Eason.

Jaden Hardy at 34 is ridiculous value. Like KPJ, would be severely under drafted if falls out of top 20.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Top 3 pick and we're really golden. I'm already happy at 5th as all top 5 players in the draft seem like they have similar upsides (except for Ivey who looks like a star).

But at 3 they'd guarantee one of the 3 PFs. The only awkward fit is Banchero because he's a ball dominant PF. Jabari and Chet work better with KPJ. If Banchero comes here I don't ever want to see KPJ with more shot attempts than either him or Green (or Sengun).

Just get rid of KPJ or make him a 6th man. The guy is basically guard version of Christian Wood and makes the whole construct awkward.

Little Bit, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mark Williams moving ahead of Duren is discouraging.

But still believe there will be lottery teams that fall head over heels in love with his aesthetics.

Tari Eason falling out of top 20 bodies well for Rockets options at #17.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Banchero WAS ball dominant because he was asked to be ball dominant, that Duke team did not have a lot of playmakers or shot creators.

Toward the end of the season he really developed as a playmaker, saying he is ball dominant is a very lazy assessment.

How is Banchero an awkward fit anyway.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The above post is why it’s hard to take Jiggylie serious.
    It is absolutely false to say that Duke did not have playmakers or shot creators. Or that Paolo was the main facilitator in any way. Tied for second on the team on assists with the highest usage rate.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

This has been my hope as well.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'd be happy with any of the Big 3 and as such, I don't get the Banchero aversion.

You can never have too many players who can both get their own shots and are willing passers. Plus, he's big, strong, young, and he was the man on a good Duke team as a freshman. My guess is he'll be more active on D knowing he doesn't have to carry the team offensively. He's not a finished product by any means.

As for fit, at a minimum I could see him starting, getting pulled early, and then spending a good amount of time with Christopher wrecking shop on the second rotation. The guy has 20/10/5 potential. Not sure how you can be upset that someone like that might fall to your team.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member