1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021/22 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jul 23, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Manchester United close to securing a Top 10 finish in EPL.

Hairy McGuire deserves better.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Cause for the first goal today. Bad positioning and just whiffed on a simple ball that fell to Saka. The defense was, in a sense, better today with Maguire on the bench. I feel like we're badly missing Fred right now because Matic just can't keep up and gets exposed when he makes runs forward. If Fred is in this game, Xhaka's goal doesn't happen. That said, Varane was at his best with Ramos next to him wrecking shop. United doesn't have that man. Maybe if they sign Rudiger in the summer and put him in the center can Varane look like he did with Madrid.

Bruno, with Maguire not on the pitch, is now the main culprit. I don't know what happened to him. I wonder if the missed penalty vs Villa early in the season destroyed his confidence. He has been absolute s*** this season. Not sure who's idea it was to let him take the pk when Ronaldo was on the field but it was the wrong one. And f***, man. Just step up and take the f***ing kick! Quit this idiotic hop, skip, jump, small step routine. IT DOESN'T FU**ING WORK! Just put the f***ing ball in the f***ing net.

They didn't play terribly today. I like the link up between Elanga and Ronaldo. They pushed forward and played a lot less scared than they did on Tuesday. But, just not good enough anymore. Too many holes.

JumpMan likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

oh shiiii did elefsee win? missed the game

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

7. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Even though City pulled out the victory they had every opportunity to put this one away in the first leg. Instead its only a goal differential so nothing is set in stone in terms of which team will move on to the Final.

ramotadab likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. leroy

Sucks for them. For all his alleged genius, he's a horrific game day manager.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is not true, United don't have any players with heart, we lack that fiery Paul Scholes or Roy Keane to keep the players in line.

Bruno is always on the wrong side of the ball when he isn't ON the ball - and gives it away far too much.

Harry McGuire sucks - we lost our best finisher in Greenwood, and Rashford no longer gets those long ball breakaways.

The team is broken, the manager had no chance, we need someone with FIRE as a leader - too many passive aggressive babies....Fernandez, Pogba, just cowards.

DD

12. leroy

Anyone who thinks putting Maguire, Phil Jones, and Lindeloff in the same back line is a good idea...against F**KING LIVERPOOL..is a fool. And then add in Wan-Bissaka. A quartet that couldn't defend my daughter's 10 yr old I-9 team.

I don't disagree that the players are in a bad way right now. It's obvious. Bruno is playing like crap and has been for a long time...I think since he missed the penalty vs Aston Villa in September (a game I was at, no less and saw that ball blasted into the Stretford End in person). His confidence is shot to hell.

The team wasn't broken when he got them. They had actually won a few in a row. They have progressively gotten worse and it's largely due to piss poor managing on game day. It's 50/50 players not doing their jobs and the coach not putting them in positions to be successful. Anyone with ANY sense would've benched Maguire months ago. They wouldn't give Phil Jones a jersey outside of making him buy one at the team store. They'd look and see that the U23 and U18 sides are performing well and start giving those guys shots way earlier than now. Rashford has no fear of losing his job. No one does because they're not under any pressure from the manager to lose them. I'd rather go down swinging with Garnacha, Hannibal, Elanga, Shoretire, etc. than to watch the likes of Magure and Jones roll over and die. That's on management.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Rangnick has never been a coach to bring immediate success. He's always been about implementing a system, a philosophy. When United signed him, they knew they wouldn't compete for a championship anyways, so they hired him for long-term adjustments. But apparentely this squad is too much of a mess to get fixed in half a season. Lots of work to do for ten Haag come summer. Losing Pogba would be a blessing in disguise.

Couldn't care less about that fat pig Raiola.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Raz

Raz Member

LMAO another year with no European trophy for both cheating sheik clubs.

AroundTheWorld, Jontro and leroy like this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol @ KDB and City.

Stat padder and his loaded team make yet another exit.

BENZEMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA LEGEND!

Bale and Ronaldo were holding him back lulz

JumpMan likes this.
  16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Unbelievable. Hala Madrid!

Players and managers come and go, the checkbook closes, but they keep winning anyway. Must be the shirt.

BTW, besides the well-known youngsters in Vinicius and Rodrygo, Camavinga is another to watch out for.

Raz likes this.
  17. leroy

Just brings me so much joy to see Pep fail at this again and again and again. The sovereign wealth funded teams just can't get over the hump...and it's glorious.

Raz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Can't complain too much about the outcome of the City/Real semifinal. If I nitpick I would point to the missed calls on Casimero in the 1st half but if he were carded for the first foul he probably doesn't commit the 2nd.

The missed opportunities in the 1st leg coupled with the Grealish misses right after the 1st goal are going to sting as we shouldn't have been in a position where Real had a chance to come back late but giving up 2 goals in the span of minutes that late in the game when we made our move to have two holding mids out there is inexcusable.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Klopp >>>> Pep

[​IMG]

I would take Klopp to coach the Houston Rockets any day over the clown show we have.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That was amazing... what a late game implosion.