1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Politico] Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, May 2, 2022.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Getting real is not his thing.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The economy is always overplayed, it matters, sure, but people act like it is the only thing that matters when that is only true in crisis scenarios. Great recession, great depression, etc etc

This will likely not affect many congress races thanks to gerrymandering making most districts safe for both sides. There are just less competitive districts nowadays...

But senate elections? This will 100% have an effect and all it takes is for one toss-up election to be decided by moderates to change things. The economy thing is way overplayed, it's way too complicated for the average voter to even understand who to blame. Did Virginia voters really come out and vote for Youngkin because of the economy or was it because the GOP played a narrative that the Democrats want to control your children? Everyone following that race knows the latter is true.

Culture War issues do have a big impact on races and I think more than you expect. If you feel like Trump's Economy was so much better than Biden's why then was he voted out after one term?

The reason it feels like Abortion is not a big issue is because people thought it was safe. Now they know it isn't safe and once this passes (if it does) and several states basically ban it and all the cases of women being criminalized for it hit the airwaves, the narrative will create itself. I really think this is in no way good news for the GOP. If it were, their messaging would have been different from the "THE LEAKS! WHAT ABOUT THE LEAKS!" because they know it is unpopular and their only hope is to distract from what just happened.

The Dems don't need a blue wave to win, all they need to do is hold their power in the senate and will be seen as a loss for the GOP and yes I do think that is very possible now with what just happened. Before, I thought it was a slight possibility, maybe like a 25% chance or so...but now I feel it's a bit of a toss-up and I think the conservative movement might have overplayed their hand. We'll see I guess.

ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Democrats and their affiliated outside groups have raised more than $7 million since a report first unveiled a leaked draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn the historic Roe v. Wade ruling and allow states to restrict abortions.

The donation website ActBlue, which allows donors to contribute online to Democratic campaigns, political action committees and outside groups that often support the the party’s policy goals, processed the gargantuan sum since Politico published the draft opinion Monday.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who said it was a golden ticket?

The way you feel the need to come in here and try and downplay this shows you are a bit shook.

We will see how this plays out.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you say so, you are still a huge troll that is looking for fulfillment trolling a message board.

It's obvious you are missing something in your life that you get from spamming a board daily.

Sorry your life sucks so much.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

In an upset win Tuesday, Democrat Carol Glanville defeated Republican Robert “RJ” Regan in a special election for a Michigan House seat that had only ever been held by a Republican.

Results remain unofficial, but with all precincts in the district reporting, Glanville led Regan by more than 1,500 votes as of 10:30 p.m. She topped 51% of the total votes cast; Regan garnered 40% and 7.9% went to write-ins.

The district was one of four House districts with special elections to fill vacant seats on Tuesday. A number of municipalities also had local proposals on the ballot.

See local elections results here

Regan made national headlines in March for suggesting rape victims "lie back and enjoy it," after he promoted conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic and shared antisemitic rhetoric. He was favored to win in the heavily Republican district.

as for his comment, this is what he had said

"Having three daughters, and I tell my daughters, ‘Well if rape is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it so.’ That’s not how we roll, that’s not how I won this election. We go right at it," Regan said, according to a video of the panel posted on Rumble.

Fellow panelist Amber Harris, an Oakland County Republican activist, called his comments "shameful." But others laughed.

[​IMG]

these are the types of people the GOP has to offer…of course the other reprehensibles sat there and laughed instead of confronting him

dude was so trash his own daughter went on Twitter and posted…

In the viral tweet, which has racked up more than 159,000 likes in the past two days, Stephanie Regan, the daughter of Republican state House candidate Robert Regan, writes, “If you’re in Michigan and 18+ pls for the love of god do not vote for my dad for state rep. Tell everyone.”

In a pair of tweets the day after, Stephanie wrote that her father was Robert Regan and called on voters to research his campaign, writing: “I don’t feel safe rn sharing further information regarding his beliefs, but please look him up and just read for yourself.”

he was still favored to win after all that heading into the election

ROCKSS, deb4rockets, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

are you this nice to everyone?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you as much of an ******* to everybody as you are on this forum?

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

If it will be impossible for some, there will be horror stories.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Because DD said it should be legal for a mother to kill her unborn baby/fetus up to the moment of giving birth.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. Agent94

Agent94 Member

You found an opinion piece written by the director of communications of a pro life organization. And nowhere in the article did anyone he quoted use the term baby. That was all him. Can you give me the Pope's opinion next.

Sajan, FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not saying there will not be some real horrific things to happen and those should be highlighted, but just a little too much back alley rhetoric going on by talking heads IMO.

This is 2022 medicine has come a long way and access is still available.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is that current law doesn't allow that unless the mother's health and life are in danger. So DD will have to change the law. Overturning Roe V. Wade won't make it less likely for that to happen.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sadly this is not a joke ...

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

deserves its own thread, with a poll

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not really, nobody really cares about you that much to form an opinion.

I just hate hypocritical behavior and trolling, so I need to call you out from time to time.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

anne hathaway princess dancing.gif