1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is a generational draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by my time to shine, Apr 30, 2022.

?

Did Caserio pull off a generational draft?

1. It’s generational

32.6%
  2. It’s no big deal

67.4%
  1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't watch college football, so all I really have to go on this time of year is what draft pundits and evaluators say. From that perspective I'm encouraged that people seem to like this Texans draft better than they have other drafts in the past. We'll see how things turn out. I like Nick's approach to finding guys that might have dropped due to injury concerns. That's an awareness of where the Texans are. If the players aren't full speed this season, it's not a big deal because we are rebuilding anyway. But if you get a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who might have been a first rounder because teams are concerned about Lisfranc, or ACLs, or whatever, then good job.

Does it increase the risk of bust? Sure, but that's the kind of risk I like my GM taking.

So for now, I happy.

clos4life likes this.
  2. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

You have time to catch all the college games from last year before next season.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Only offering polar opposite choices invites the friction. How about a more moderate expectation that the picks that ARE supposed to work out DO and anything beyond is just icing? It is nice to have a GM again that seems to be able to identify early talent - I'll give Caserio that much.

raining threes likes this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

[​IMG]

5. vince

vince Member

I liked that the Texans approach to the draft. They went in with a game plan. Though a few Pundits like Walterfootball and others who’ve be semi critical of some of the selections, we know they cater to their readers and bank on having the actual draft line up with their mock drafts.

But it’s undeniable that when the run happened on Offensive Guards, the Texans picked at the helm of that unexpected turn of events. No way they get their guy if they try and trade down again.

Stingley after his freshman year could have gone as high as #1 and as low as 5th.

It’s a draft that should be solid, but this is football after all, and some guys are going to be in for a rude awakening about the speed and punishment of NFL football.

But it has the makings of a generational haul of talented players.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y folks make weird threads like this. Keep expectations low so if we do well we can celebrate.

Folks like to b so positively opmistic, hyping sht up and when things goes poorly if folks like me calls it out we are labeled as haters.

I don't think this is a generational draft. I honestly don't see any of these players being a HoF cause one that's too ridiculous to imagine since none of them have played a snap

7. my time to shine

so by this logic, you wouldn’t make any predictions about any player ever.

by this logic no players drafted ever becomes ball of gamers

Give me effing break. Stingley is going to be a perennial pro bowler

8. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

As a man I’d say let’s keep expectations high, I’m a caserio guy, this is our season. We turn things around TODAY

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No you’re a hater because you’re a hater lol

10. raining threes

Maybe/Maybe not.

Green is the best OG in this class and I like Petrie as much as any S in this class, including Hamilton.

I can guarantee you this, if Stingley is healthy, he and Petrie are going to make a big difference in the secondary next year.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Being excited about having what seems like a knowledgeable GM who on paper has had a fantastic draft, that not only had value but filled needs with instant starters is a good thing.

Hating on it from the beginning is pretty standard from a few of you. Same dudes we’re getting mad defending Green from people hating on him early.

The hypocrisy is thick

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

It's the nature of fandom to be optimistic...hell it's human nature to be optimistic.

Clearly this franchise is in a better place than it has been for a while...that alone will generate hope for the future.

13. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

If we aren’t optimistic then why are we even here? Sports are supposed to be fun. I’m a caserio guy man let’s see how this plays out

whag00, cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  14. raining threes

They've upgraded the talent level quite a bit. Whether it's generational willbe determined on the field.

Tell me Stingley and Metchie will be healthy and play up to their potential and yes this is a generational draft. You cant say this right now.

vince, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There's being optimistic and there's being downright delusional. They are not the same thing.

Do i think Caserio did his job and address the holes in our team? ya, he draft players that target a need.

Do I think he drafted generational talent? no, these players have yet to play a snap, it's way to soon to make judgement.

Same concept to why it's dumb to call someone a bust half way into a season, u need a few more seasons to gauge how well Caserio did this one, aside from calling it a generational one.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Weren’t you one of the guys claiming Jalen Green was Kobe before he played?

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nope.

try again.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So equal opportunity hater

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

keep being a weirdo.
    throwing the hater label for not being optimistic.

I don't think this draft is a generational one due to lack of sample size, sue me.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair, but don’t claim to be moderate or realistic. You’re textbook pessimistic