1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buying a suit online

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox_fan_here, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I am looking to buy three or four suits to update my wardrobe now that it looks like I will be heading back into the office soon. I am currently living in Guatemala and so far, the local retailers here are not doing it for me, but when I looked online there are so many options. I was hoping to get some recommendations of online retailers my CF brethren have used that look good, are of decent quality and are within my budget of no more than $300 per suit. Custom is good but there are also tailors here who can help. Thanks in advance.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nordstrom

they ship internationally, too. If you are shipping to US addresses, check out the Nordstrom’s Rack app, as well.

rhino17 and Rox_fan_here like this.
  3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Try Indocheeeno!

[​IMG]

xcrunner51 and Rox_fan_here like this.
  4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Suits are like pizza and BJs. Even a cheap/bad one is still pretty good.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

A less expensive suit that is made for you is going to look better than a more expensive suit off the rack (within reason). A lot of people poop on Indochino, but I've found if you actually go to their store for the fitting and then order online, they are pretty decent.

Rox_fan_here and Xerobull like this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

I bought one online from Macy's when they were having a great sale. Pants are a little tight, but gives me an incentive to lose weight.

If you know your measurements you should be good.

Rox_fan_here likes this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Nordstrom Rack has been my go-to recently.

Rox_fan_here likes this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i have nothing to add regarding the thread, but im interested in hearing more about you living in guatemala!

where in guatemala are you living? what are you doing there? how long have you been there?

im asking b/c ive been and loved it there - beautiful, weird country and cheap. also, im seriously considering early retirement in mexico and im always interested in hearing americans experiences living south of the border.

Rox_fan_here likes this.
  9. Rox_fan_here

For sure, glad you loved it here.

So I am in Guatemala City, Cayala area to be exact. Check it out on youtube, it is not really Guatemala, but a posh, Euro/American bubble that is beautiful, but not at all authentic. Overall Guatemala is cheap, just not in the area where I am living. I'm a foreign service officer (U.S. Diplomat) and have been here about seven months so far. I have traveled extensively, mostly in Latin America, but Guatemala is the first Central American country I have lived in, and it definitely has its own flavor. The volcanoes, amazing year-round weather, and generally kind people have made it a wonderful place to live. Also I do feel incredibly safe here, even with family. I know there are violent areas, like all major cities, and the major spike in murder rates are due to gang on gang crime, but if you stay out of those zones, you should be good. Most expats who retire here usually end up in Antigua or Lake Atitlan, both awesome locations.

Where in Mexico are you thinking? I miss the food so much and even though Guatemala and Mexico share a border, its amazing how much of a drop-off the local cuisine is compared to it's northern neighbor. I lived in Monterrey for a couple of years so I can tell you about that as well.

10. Buck Turgidson

Do they ask if you if you dress left or right?

If they don't, they're amateurs.

Rox_fan_here likes this.
  11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its just fantasy at this point, but in 7-10 years when my south austin house is worth over a million bucks im going to be looking at early retirement and a nice place to live cheap. ive been all over mexico and there are many places i could see myself living from mexico city to zacatecas to oaxaca city to san miguel to merida.

i used to travel by bus all over mexico and would always stay a night in monterrey on the way into the interior. got a few crazy stories about all those skanky bars and strip clubs around the bus station!

i went to guatemala in 2010. we flew into villahermosa, mexico then went to palenque then san cristobal de las casas in chiapas. from there we took a bus to lake atitlan (crossing the border was an adventure in and of itself). stayed in san marcos for a week then antigua, which was awesome. didnt spend any time in guatemala city other than the airport. wasnt that the murder capitol of the world for a bit?

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I go to suitmart and get my 2 suits for $99. I end up looking like suited TNT tmac

13. Rox_fan_here

Another nice place to consider for retirement....Philippines! I loved it there and the official language is English. Also when you say cheap, wow, you can live like royalty there.

Guatemala was really high in murders, but they have dropped a lot and again, mostly in targeted hits, gang on gang. Stay out of those areas and it is really safe.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

after tailoring.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]