1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 2019] Do you like the CP3 for Westbrook trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

509 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

164 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

To be fair, Chris Paul changed his diet while at the Thunder and he himself sees that as part of his resurgance. Possibly that change came with greater focus on his physical health, and more personal responsibility for being in prime condition?
    Either way, he himself knows he wasn't at his best his last season here.

The 2nd star next to Harden was always wrong. Why a PG if Harden was going to play that spot under MDA? No point sinking a full max contract on a backup... especially when the owner is unwilling to pay the tax for a contender

Fertitta also has to join the "blamed" brigade for being so frantic to get something done, while at the same time being unwilling to spend. It was a couple of seasons of flushing assets to avoid tax, and the Paul trade was in the midst of that.

In the end, my view at the time was that Paul had the worst contract in the NBA. He took action to improve his own health and played his way out of that!!!

mikenm268 and eliefor3 like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

3. mastan

mastan Member

CP3 >>>>> James choker Harden >> R Westbrooke

CP3 was the best Rockets player in the playoffs of 2017-18 until he got injured.

BigggReddd and hakeemthagreat like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering that CP3 had 20+ games less that season due to injuries while Harden carried the entire load in his absence, it makes sense why CP3 was better in the playoffs. The fact is that he was more fresh and Harden was also commanding double teams due to the insane season he had.

5. mastan

mastan Member

Harden always choked in playoffs almost always without exception...without CP3 Harden has no success, only nightmares specially in playoffs

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, that doesn't dismiss what I said.

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

…Again another dumb accolade based comment.” l00lz he ain’t win no title, l00lz weres da all star apierence!”

your really do just believe nonsense you are taught by sports media.

Chris Paul was literally, categorically better than Westbrook at basketball in 2019.

Scoring, passing, defense, IQ, intangibles, shooting, ball handling. Almost literally everything at the sport.

Anything you say trying to fight that obvious reality will keep making you sound as dumb as your rings theory.

The trade was abominable, at the time. It wasn’t even good the summer in between the seasons like you think it was, and like you think it matters.

BigggReddd, astrosrule and DaDakota like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. That summer he already changed his diet and was prepping for what he thought was going to be his 3rd season with Houston. He was then traded

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Wrong again. The all star is based on fan vote and coaches. No one but your dumbass thought chris paul was good

Sorry scoring 15 points a game and shooting 27% from 3 and "intangibles" doesnt get you there

10. hakeemthagreat

He didn't carry anything. CP3 took playmaking responsibilities OFF Harden, therefore the "Harden carried us" narrative holds no weight. Plus the games we blew teams out, Harden CHOSE to play because he wanted to stat pad. Had Harden been willing to let CP3 have more playmaking responsibilities, we'd have a nba championship rn

11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I was a part of the 24.4%

Now we're writing Jalen Green's chapter 5 in our diary...and Tilman's Chapter 7...or 11?

clos4life likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Tilfart ain't broke no more, stop that..

...he is however, cheap, ruthless, heartless and seems kind of a narcissistic *******.

13. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Right. I was just looking into my crystal ball. There are a lot of chapters before 7 & 11.

clos4life likes this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

How convenient. Only now that he took a Finals contender and turned them into a dumpster fire in 3 years is he not broke. Couldn’t have come any sooner

mikenm268 and clos4life like this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Top 5 lmao. I want what you're having!

mastan likes this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think until.cp3 got here, this statement was more true of cp3 than harden.
    I am not saying I liked the trade but let's not pretend cp3 was this all world clutch player. He had not gotten past round 2 without harden and that included going up against rockets while up in the series and then blowing a huge lead.

Cp3 also played like crap his last playoff series when he could get shots off against Ingles among other players. I think all things considered at the time, the trade made sense. After the trade, Westbrook went on a decline and cp3 went on an incline and it now looks like the worst trade in rockets history.

17. mastan

mastan Member

What are you talking about? Every team CP3 went he made that team significantly better, there are 4 teams that have their winningest regular season thanks to CP3.

18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I am talking about playoffs

19. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Very surprised by the results. I’d say a lot of it was probably just fans being hopeful. Or maybe thinking cp3 was done.

20. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Something Westbrook isn’t talking about aye