1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets @TANKATHON - 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Astrodome, Dec 22, 2021.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

That’s fine, he can grow in year 1 and then we can grab one more high draft pick before OKC takes over our picks.

D-rock likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That dude would probably wear a tear-away-suit and jump on the table dancing
    while wearing a speedo......that would be, "nuts!"

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I’m all for it. I’d love to get another high draft pick on 2023

matchesmalone and xaos like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

*fingers crossed*

matchesmalone likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

crazy it's gonna shake out like this

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You still go Chet over Jabari or any change of opinion?

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Good question. I would probably still take Chet because I’m not wanting to win games this season. I want the highest lottery pick possible.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

What if he breaks his other leg next season after Giannis bodies him up on a play?

Personally think OKC is about to head on a massive train wreck they keep taking all these unicorns which may or may not pan out. They have so many picks but unless one of their prospects blow up nobody is gonna trade down from Wemby/Scoot esp since this class looks weak AF after those 2.

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Then he is likely going to be a bust. There are always risks involved. For every Joel Embiid there is a Greg Oden. It comes down to how much risk you are willing to tolerate. I openly admit that there are no guarantees with anyone, but especially for someone like Holmgren.

I like the the fit of Holmgren and Giddy and Dieng.... but there are injury and development concerns. The Thunder really need to win the lottery and get someone like Wemby/Scoot. They also have made some questionable deals with the Rockets the last couple years.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jabari was as advertised. Hits 3's and plays good D. That one play where he tried to drive to the basket and got his sht swatted was a little cringe, but luckily he doesnt try to do that too much. Plays within the confines and thats great self awareness. He will always be a positive player as long as he can remain an average shooter and thats a win.

Looking forward to watching Paolo tonight!

Too bad for Chet though -- hope he can bounce back next season and this first injury isnt the first in a line of issues for him. Foot problems this young is a huge red flag.

Hakeemtheking and ApacheWarrior like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think its crazy to still take Chet top 3 knowing he got season ending injury from 0 contact, you might as well throw away your top 2 pick away. Dont care if the floor was slippery people slip all the time without tearing their ligament. You also have to remember he is extremely light right now once he gains weight his ligsments will have to bear even more weight. At this point I'm only taking a unicorn over 6'10 ft if he is black.

Well I dont cuz they all suck at shooting except Chet and Chet has health issues. In an era of 5 out offense OKC is gonna try the No Out offense where all 5 of their players except SGA have a broken J.