1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KRIV: Alexander Expects Deal; Francis Likes Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

Nate Peake is on the left. Jef Fried (other Francis agent) is on the right. Juan Dixon is center.

Man, Peake and Fried look like a mis-matched pair from a bad buddy cop movie. :D

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Well that's some relief, but I'm still a little worried about it going through. I can't take it much longer!

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you think Peake and Fried are, uh, friendly with each other?
    Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Peake & Fried... sounds like a bad comedy duo. :p

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way Francis is meeting with DeVoss.
    This trade is most likely not going to happen.
    I cannot wait for Steve to pay for us...uh...I mean, we are now talking to nine teams about trading for Juwon Howard. T-Mac is not even involved anymore because nobody wanted him. I think he is going to play hockey now for our world famous team. We don't need him anyway because Grant Hill is 100% healthy and ready to top T-Mac's numbers. We will soon trade Juwon for Duncan and Okafor can play center and Telfair can run the point. Steve has not taken the airport. He has not even entered the country...

5. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Umm we ARE talking about Francis here.
    Shoe size...13?

I wouldn't be surprised. :D

6. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

That's a funny one:D

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

the positive news just keeps pouring in. hopefully we will be out of our misery soon!

8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Steve's arrival to Orlando via his chartered plane

SF3: "WOW, Orlando! Home to Mickey Mouse, DisneyWorld, Epcot Center and Tracy McGrady!!!!"

JW: "Morning Steve. Welcome to Orlando."

SF3: "Hi JW, thanks for inviting me out. When do I get to meet T-Mac???"

JW: "Uh, Steve, he's visiting Houston right now. Remember? We're trading him for you in a multi-player deal."

SF3: "WHAT??? Houston can't trade me! That damn JVG lied to me!"

JW: "heh heh, yeah, that JVG is quite a kidder isn't he? He had you believing you were their franchise playe.... errr.. <cough cough> ummmm, anyways...."

SF3: "So where's T-Mac? I'm dying to get his sig. The line was too long for his sig during All-Star weekend."

JW: "Steve, for the upteenth time, T-Mac is NO LONGER HERE anymore."

SF3: "What? I refuse to believe that. I DEMAND his sig. I trekked out 1000 miles just to meet him. This is a total crock!!!"

JW: "Steve, please don't be stubb..."

SF3: "YO HOLMES, are you calling me stubborn???"

JW: "Uh no, that would be Jeff from the BBS... I could never call YOU stubborn."

SF3: "STOP right there! There you go again with the "S" word again."

JW: "Look Steve. For the record, do you or don't you want to be here??? I gotta know."

SF3: "I'm here ain't I? Sheeesh. You'd think with a Harvard education you'd be a little more observant."

JW: "OK. So why don't you just sign this contract here for the league minimum."

SF3: "Sure."

SF3: |rare moment of thinking to himself| "I'm forgetting someone here... MY AGENT, Jim! I can't be doing this without Jim."

SF3: "Sorry JW, I have to wait for Jim."

JW: "Jim? You don't need Jim. He's just USING you for the commissions and KEEPING you from your first love. Just look at his last name, 'F-R-I-E-D', as in, FRIED CHICKEN!!! All he ever wanted was your 10 piece KFC, Steve."

SF3: "That little sh..."

JW: "C'mon Steve, do the right thing and sign right here. This way, you'll have all the fried chicken you deserve and hundreds of loyal senior citizens serving your every need."

SF3: "What about Mobes?"

JW: "We're signing him too, so you never have to give up your fellow turnover-prone buddy."

SF3: "Aw shucks, that's wonderful."

JW: |deviously thinking to himself| "Hahahaha, and to think, all those BBS posters thought I was stupid..."

SF3: "Hey John, so when do I get to meet T-Mac?"

:D

theSAGE

9. hdd

hdd Member

well done!!!

:D :D :D

10. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

thx hdd.

more to follow...

theSAGE

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This just made me laugh...

:D

12. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

so I guess this is it for Nachbar, Francis, Mobley, and Cato?

/one sad Rockets fan:(

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Where did you come up with Nachbar? He isn't in the deal.

14. sums41

Sports Center said it once, ESPNEWS also mentioned it, and it has been on a bunch of newspaper, the was a newspaper writer that called Nachbar a throw in as part of the deal, I don't remember who but if someone remembers please post it, I tried looking at old posts and couldn't find it. I think that if Nachbar is included the deal would suck even more than it does right now, that's just my opinion, i don't see this as a good trade.

15. tksense

tksense Member

It was mere speculation on the sports writers part.. they thought Nachbar could be in because he's a 3ppg player..

Apparently Rockets think more highly of him than the stupid writers.

16. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Exactly. I remember at first it was Stevie, Mobley, and Cato straight up for T-Mac, as ESPN reported.

17. sums41

I hope this is true, I personally wouldn't want to see Nachbar involved in this deal.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Boki has also been mentioned quite a few times in place of Cato. Now, I don't think Orlando would dare make such a lopsided deal, but until a deal is announced, even the Francis, Mobley :( and Cato trade is just speculation.

Personally I'd rather it be Boki than Cato.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

You'd rather trade a garbage-minutes guy than a starter? Get outta town! ;)

Seriously though, I'm not too high on Boki. He has some slashing ability, but his outside shot never came together last year. I suppose it could be a different story if he gets more meaningful minutes, but there's no way his inclusion or exclusion from this deal should present any sort of deal-breaker.

I did love his "interaction" with Malone, though. Man, that was great! :D

20. TraJ

TraJ Member

There was some early talk about Boki being included, but his name hasn't been mentioned for days.