1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans 2022 Draft thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 11, 2022.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Why do I get the feeling that I am going to be angry no matter what?

I'm feeling a combination of excitement and anger.

CVcrew, Rudyc281 and DonkeyMagic like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’d rather trade down and get multiple picks, but I would love this outcome as well. If Stingley was available I’d switch him out. Today’s NFL is making it really hard to put pressure on the QB. Secondary is getting more and more important.

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

I think I would be mad if we passed on Hutchinson for either of the corners, but I don't think he is going to be available.

I'd be really happy with trading back to 5 with the NYG, Giants leapfrog the Jets to take KT, Jets take Sauce, Texans take Stingley at 5. Then I think they would use capital to move from 13 to 9 or 10, take a WR.

I think Stingley is the better corner, and I think Jameson Williams would be a steal at 10. ACL be damned. But I think the Texans would take Garrett Wilson in that scenario.

Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

You may be right, I'd love JJ II if we trade back for defensive player.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I will say this again the Texans will end with the two best defensive prospects on the board

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Victorious

Victorious Member

cant pass up aidan if hes there at number 3. otherwise i want sauce :cool:

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

The Sauce vs. Stingley debate is interesting...

I'm an LSU grad so I've seen DS up and close. IMO he has the best upside. He's an absolute ball-hawk, he's physical enough, he has incredible instincts. His instincts will burn him at times, just look up the Alabama-LSU game in 2019. Devonta Smith roasted him, but then again, Devonta Smith roasted everyone. The injury and not playing shouldn't affect the way we look at Stingley at all. My biggest question mark is how dedicated will he be in the film room, because if he buys in, then he will be a perinneal all-pro. His whole life he was the best athlete on the field. As a freshman, he was one of the best athletes, if not the best, in a locker room with Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson. He's an absolute freak, and he's relied on his athleticism for pretty much his entire life. To be more well rounded he needs to buy into a scheme and execute it. But any team would be making a mistake to limit him to the scheme. You need to give him some flexibility to use his instincts and trust that he will make plays, because he will.

Sauce is a rock solid corner. He's tough as nails. He's super physical. He's disciplined and I think he could play well within most systems. I don't think he has much of a bust potential, but he has some limitations. He doesn't have the same level of instincts, he's not the same type of playmaker, and obviously he played in a pretty weak conference overall. He still performed well against good competition, but I think people underestimate the quality of his teammates. He was the best player on a solid defense, in a bad conference, and he absolutely benefited from it. At this point I'm nitpicking, but that is the draft.

It's fairly close, but Stingley has such an extreme upside that I think he's the better prospect. Not to mention you probably wouldn't have to draft him at 3 like you would for Sauce. I also don't think Stingley has high bust potential. At worst I could see him being inconsistent but making a lot of plays, more boom or bust in his outcomes - but overall still a solid player.

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Trading for Jimmy G or Baker Mayfield would be the worst personnel move in Texans history. Even worse than any of our other disastrous trades from the last 4 years and worse than selecting Tony Boselli at #1 in the 2002 expansion draft.

They lose me as a fan if they trade for either of those two scrub QBs.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

Is a CB a surprise at 3?

Or will the Texans be reaching for someone? Something like a WR.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

JJ II or Jameson would be my wildcards.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. STR8Thugg

I mean, he has Jameson Williams falling to 20. Give me a break...

If teams are that stupid, we should absolutely stay at 13 and take him there.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Every year the Texans have a wtf pick. So I'm calling it, with the 3rd pick in the 2022 NFL draft the Houston Texans select....Kenny Pickett qb Pittsburgh. Also will select at least 1 tight end.

Fulgore likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Miller would turn into a riot if they announce Pickett at # 3.

We should go BPA which at 3 is a CB. Not an OL that has to play G because we already spent 3 FRP on Tackles. Not a WR when we already have Cooks and Collins and there will be a cluster of WR available at 13, not a DL when the best already went 1 and 2.

Let’s not overthink this.

couple of d's, Rudyc281 and Redfish81 like this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And some type of way the TE will be named Jordan.

pugsly8422 and couple of d's like this.
  18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

For the record I'm hoping for either Sauce or Stingley, Jr. I want Breece Hall with or second round pick.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I’m back from work , at home, shower , listen to sports radio/nfl network- gonna do a quick 5:30pm bday dinner with fam at a local restaurant then fast track home. I told the fam let’s keep it quick I have me time with the draft ! Woohoo

Two Sandwiches, Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

That would be great as well !

couple of d's and Rudyc281 like this.