1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith retweets he would be great with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, probably more underrated. Specially by Paolo fans

2. Iknako

Iknako Member

İ don't understand why people need rim protector for rockets? Gruba or Şengün enough for this job. İf we will #1 lottery we could pick jabari and we must try jabari-sengun pair 4-5.
    Jalen-KPJ-tate-j.smith jr-sengun killer baby

ApacheWarrior and dragonwill like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Garuba and Sengun know nothing about rim protection. stop it

JamesC, D-rock and Denovo like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering who is posting this, you could easily throw this out the window. Such a dumb post. some of yall really just throw shitt at the wall and don't actually think. it's pathetic

#64 YOLO, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Denovo, clutchdabear and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I like Keegan but I had to fix your response.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You know the GARM so well! However, we have a little group who might best be described as, "Will fight for Keegan!" Depending on how ardent their desire for Mr. Murray becomes, you might need to make an edit. ;)

DeBeards, ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Ok I will get right on that. Rigging draft picks as we speak.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jabari would look good in the ketchup and mustard NGL.

DeBeards, ApacheWarrior, xaos and 4 others like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

:rolleyes:

DeBeards likes this.
  10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Don't just fall in love with the guy who wants to be here, remember we didn't draft Mobley because he refused to work out with us because his dad didn't like KPJ.

D-rock likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which was the correct decision for the Rockets.

12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

What’s the source of his dad not liking KPJ? o_O

13. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

It was on here, someone provided information about when KPJ was at USC he buttheads with Mobley's father and the reason he was kicked off was because he wanted him gone.

groovemachine likes this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I googled "skinny chet gif" to make fun of his inability to lift a fork to his mouth and got this...

[​IMG]

I'ma go wit' this...

15. H. Christopher

Chet or Jabari and we’re Gucci.

DeBeards, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Iol maybe but I doubt it. Im talking skill set. What is the player comfortable at doing? How you play the game at the NCAA level is a good indicator of how you will play in the NBA. This has nothing to do with development. Its skill and natural athleticism. Smith is a great shooter but stiff, has a slow first step, and isn’t a good one on one player. Not to mention bad footwork. You don’t just develop an explosive first step. You don’t just develop a one on one game taking people of the dribble or a post game. Things like shooting, improving handling, footwork, and being more patient on offense are things a player can work on. Having a quicker first step isn’t one of those things.

But his game was never iso taking people to the rack because he doesn’t have the capability. He couldn’t take people off the dribble or finishing at the rim consistently at collegiate level so that’s disconcerting to me.

Smith is a great shooter and really good defender but to me Murray is just an overall better player who can run and handle in the break, dribble drive, and post. Not a better shooter but all around better scorer. So give me a guy who does more than mid range shots or threes.

#76 Stephen_A, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm surprised how forgiving some people are of Jabari's offensive limitations simply because he's young. Developing an NBA level handle and one-on-one ability might be the single hardest thing to do, particularly for a taller player who isn't already shifty athlete. You go back and look at Jabari's high school footage and you see that he has always been a methodical "catch and survey", 1 or 2 dribble and pull up offensive player.

This isn't a matter of unlocking the full potential of some dormant skillset he used to showcase but he hasn't shown in college because of his role or the increased level of competition. It's something he has never had, and in the days where every prospect's high school footage looks like an And-1 mix tape even if that's not how they played at the college level, it says a lot about the foundation he's working with.

#77 ClutchCityReturns, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2022
    xtruroyaltyx and Stephen_A like this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes you got it! A lot of people fall into that fallacy of “development” without understanding what that means. If Garrison Matthews was 20 years old he isn’t going to “develop” into an explosive player. He isn’t going to develop amazing handles and integrate that into his 1-1 game or pull up three shot. Besides shooting and defense Players usually improve on the skill set they already have. For example Melo already has handles and a deadly pull up mid range shot so he worked on certain moves and footwork to integrate into the pull up shot then executed them in real games. That’s called improving your game.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Skinny Chet is my choice for a reason.

:D

Rashmon and treyk3 like this.
  20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

And they also act as if Murray has no room for development simply because of his age. But he's not "old" in the sense that he's some four year college player who plateaued as a sophomore. Not only did his scoring jump massively from 7ppg to 23ppg this season, but so did his shooting efficiency (50.6/29.6 to 55.4/39.8). That tells me there's headroom for his usage and scoring volume to increase without diminishing returns. He led the nation in points with a usage rating that doesn't even crack top 100.

Stephen_A likes this.