1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. my time to shine

He’s always wrong and he’s always admitting it

2. my time to shine

Jalen needs spacing NOT Simmons

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You seem to be a strange newbie. What is your other moniker? Margrave?

i3artow i3aller and treyk3 like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I didn’t know I was wrong that often either. Very strange. I have no issue being wrong but that’s a very weird thing to point out. Easy to assume that is a burner

#1824 treyk3, Apr 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    i3artow i3aller and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. my time to shine

If you aren’t all in on jalen… then you are wrong

the plan has always been to acquire and build around Jalen

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow ... just ... wow.

Reeko and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is your boy. Glad you changed your tune at some point.

I was willing to take a risk on him at a low cost, but man, I'd stay far the hell away from him. He isn't that good that we need his toxic attitude around our young players. I don't care if the Nets were giving him away for a bag of chips, I still would not want him on this team.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I've pivoted away from Simmons and prefer acquiring Hawks Jalen Johnson. Hawks just won't play him because they are loaded at 4 and 5.

Only one year in League but similar size, defense and playmaking potential to Simmons however much better offensive upside.

And he has a much better 3ball and no back injury or mental health concerns.

luckyman76 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don’t fault you for having an opinion. You could be right. I’m just in the nay category.

treyk3 likes this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

I said this about Simmons 2 years ago and he said I was crazy lol. ALL of my criticism of Simmons came to fruition while D-Rock's spewing more nonsense. I also called Harden a quitter 2 years ago and we've seen him quit here AND Brooklyn. Ofcourse D-Rock disagreed lol

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I wish you'd quit me.

You're nagging and low IQ probably drove Harden away Harden and pushed Simmmons to a mental breakdown.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Glad u finally seen the light.

I and plenty of others cited Simmons mental health concerns longggggg assess time ago. The inability to shoot was another concern

hakeemthagreat and roslolian like this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I like Jalen much better. He doesn't come with the pedigree but with a chip on his shoulder and he's a scrapper. Exactly the type of player we need. We need young players who want to play hard every night. That is how you grow and build team chemistry. Listen to the old Hakeem Rockets. They practiced hard, got into fights, didn't always like each other, held each other accountable. This **** ain't easy and doesn't happen overnight or by accident. The NBA isn't MLB in the playoffs. You don't get in a slump and have a pitcher get hot. Teams like the Nets get their ass swept for a reason that you can see from a mile away. We need a tough team with talent down the roster if we are ever to add superstar FA to the ones we develop. Let the competition commence and always be there.

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was obvious from the jump Simmons was never planning on playing this year

he didn’t want his teammates to think he was quitting on them, so he provided false hope

“Yeah, I’ll be suiting up this year. I might even be ready for game 3! If not, game 4 for sure.”

knowing deep down he was gonna come up with an excuse to not play the entire time

it’s like saying you’ll be at an event u know damn well u don’t want to go to, so on the day of the event, all of the sudden you’re sick or something came up and u can’t make it

Ben Simmons knew he wasn’t gonna try and make it…bring up mental illness as the trigger for his back soreness because u can’t put a timetable for return on that, so Ben Simmons can continue to push back when he’ll start playing basketball again because he does not want to

if basketball wasn’t paying him millions, he’d be doing something else

roslolian and RudyTBag like this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

49.6% of you got

[​IMG]

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

always remember "If only Simmons had a jumpshot, he would be Lebron" per CF"s

RasaqBoi and roslolian like this.
  18. Denovo

Denovo Member

Edit: Wrong Thread

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

thank god we did not accept phillys package. 50%? yeesh.

[​IMG]

burlesk likes this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Simmons is probably the weirdest case of decline I've ever seen. It's like he just mentally broke. Even without a jumpshot he was an all star with the 76ers, now he won't even look at the rim anymore. Truly strange

dmoneybangbang and burlesk like this.