1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Biden Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 14, 2020.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joe Biden met with Hunter Biden business partner at the White House

Hunter Biden’s closest business partner made at least 19 visits to the White House and other official locations between 2009 and 2015, including a sitdown with then-Vice President Joe Biden in the West Wing.

Visitor logs from the White House of former President Barack Obama reviewed by The Post cast further doubt over Joe Biden’s claims that he knew nothing of his son’s dealings.

Eric Schwerin met with Vice President Biden on November 17, 2010 in the West Wing, when he was the president of the since-dissolved investment fund Rosemont Seneca Partners.

The logs also reveal that Schwerin met with various close aides of both Joe and Jill Biden at key moments in Hunter’s life when he was striking multi-million dollar deals in foreign countries, including China. Yet President Biden has long insisted he had no involvement in his son’s foreign affairs. “I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” he said in 2019.

”Not everyone gets to meet the Vice President of the United States in the White House. The press should be asking why Hunter Biden’s business associates — like Eric Schwerin — had that privilege and were given access to the Obama White House,” said Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin). “This is additional evidence that Joe Biden lied when he said he never discussed Hunter’s foreign business dealings. It’s well past time for the corporate media to demand the truth from Joe Biden. The corruption of Biden Inc. must be exposed.”

Of all Hunter Biden’s business associates, Schwerin had the most intimate access to the vice president’s personal finances.
    https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/joe-biden-met-with-hunter-biden-business-partner-at-the-white-house/

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't know if you saw but there were numerous Republican lawmakers and television personalities that were complicit in trying to overthrow the government.

I mean, sure, we should probably lock the door, but also....the house is on fire.

dobro1229 likes this.
  3. basso

Supporting Member

:mad:

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20220420_190202.jpg

DaDakota likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How people can be such hypocrits when the Trump kids were literally selling access to their dad in China.

If you didn't b**** about that, then **** OFF about Hunter Biden.

DD

6. basso

Supporting Member

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Honestly don't see the big deal. If my son started a business with a buddy of his, it seems pretty reasonable I'd meet him sometimes and talk. We might talk about his business. He might want to talk about his deals. He might even want to ask me for favors to close deals. But where is the evidence that Joe Biden ever actually did anything corrupt to help? You're asking me to assume the worst about a family relationship with a guy who isn't even engaged in any criminal enterprise.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the record... If Hunter Biden and Joe Biden engaged in anything corrupt, I hope they are both held accountable to the utmost. I will applaud the journalists that stuck with this story and apologize for all of the doubt that I've expressed. The journalists who stuck with the story would deserve Pulitzers. I would love for any corrupt politicians who abused their position to be held accountable. I want that for Trump. I want that for Biden if it happened, and for Trump since we saw it happening.

Of course right now, I have seen anything that leads me to believe there was any corruption at all. I have seen nothing to show any evidence of undue influence that changed public policy.

Unlike the family of Trump who were not only involved. in there own business, but Trump's businesses as well. Those family members were also part of the administration, and put in charge of handling negotiations, and setting policy. The conflict of interest is present, front and center. Very few of the people bothered by the possibility of Joe Biden making policy for his son were silent while it was being done in the Trump White House.

But until there is actual evidence of wrong doing, I won't be too concerned.

JuanValdez likes this.
  9. basso

Supporting Member

sure, except Joe has claimed he knows nothing of Hunter's business dealings.

10. larsv8

I have met quite a few of my mother and fathers colleagues and know absolutely nothing about their business dealings.

If you could just recognize your bias with some self awareness for two seconds.....

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I think this would be a bigger deal pre Trump but with the doing away with any concerns of caring about conflicts of interest during that period, it lowers all boats to a certain extent.

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  12. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Hunter is an idiot. He should have been like Kushner and got 2 Billion out of the Saudis

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. basso

Supporting Member

did either of your parents work at the White House?

14. larsv8

What does it matter if they did or didn't?

You are inferring some nefarious event occurred.

I proposed an equally possible scenario where nothing happened.

You default to "Biden bad" and take leaps to try and prove this. That's fine, but unlike you, I am all for criminals being judged no matter what "tribe" they are in. I am happy to push for zero acceptable corruption in government, but you are obviously not.

Until you are consistent in your view on criminality, then **** off, no one gives a **** because there is no group more corrupt than the current republican party.

Blatz and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. basso

Supporting Member

no, I default to Biden lied, and the evidence is quite clear.

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

so surely you're equally as concerned about the "big lie" about the election being stolen? How many Republican's continue to pass off the big lie as Truth despite there being zero evidence? but but but Hunter's laptop...

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly zero credibility - if they don't b**** about Trump, they have no ****ING credibility at all.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There is no evidence that he lied that you've presented.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

In the analogy the poster would be in White House not his parents. He is the one who met with the patents' associates but isn't aware of the business dealings.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have met colleagues of both of my daughters, but I only have a vague knowledge of what both daughters do on a day to day basis. My oldest works for the State of Texas, and with federal agencies including the FBI and DHS. Since it involves port security, I know nothing of her work even though I met colleagues of hers. So would it be dishonest if I said I know nothing of her business dealings?

The youngest works for a storage rental place in Huntsville (at least for the next few weeks until she graduates and then starts her new job as a credit risk analyst at a bank). I can guess what she does but I still don't know what her business dealings are.

I know you are hoping to somehow catch Biden in some sort of scandal. But if this is your best hope... you are going to be pretty disappointed.