1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

they are in deep trouble. they used to have all the cheap veterans willing to sign with them. i don't know about that now with kyrie and Ben. i think those ring chasers are going to be looking elsewhere.

joshuaao, theDude and saleem like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If he could not take what Doc said in a press conference he would melt into a puddle under Thibs.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I like the first 2 but don't think he could handle Paul up in his grill all the time.

xiki likes this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I also wonder if Lue and/or Donovan would be good for him???

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Of course Monte would be aces tho CP3? Ouch.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

And posters complained about Harden's body language.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

So basically Simmons would do best with an innovative coach like Nurse, Spoelstra or D'Antoni with proven success adapting and maximizing players into their systems.

Not so much like Silas?

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

KD for AD centered deal for all the popcorn

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I’ve been going through some of the scenarios.

IF they kept Mills, Bruce and Claxton there’s still no guarantee KD and/or Irving play more than 50-60 games. They would pay insane tax just hoping it doesn’t cave in.

The load management route throughout the season could also backfire and they end up with a 6th or play-in game which is a nightmare for the Nets due to health and what not.

Could be another season of a matchup in the first with the Bucks, Celtics or Heat. It just ain’t working…

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I believe people complained about Harden not diving after loose balls or moving when he doesnt have the ball. Nobody gives a **** how he looks while sitting on the bench.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

They nitpicked him on EVERYTHING.

Body morphology included.

Nook, jiggyfly and roslolian like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Tari Eason available anywhere near #17 he needs to be a Rocket.

Nook, joshuaao, j@amc and 3 others like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hell I'd be open to trading up to get him.

D-rock likes this.
  15. my time to shine

Tell ya what

we got Jalen green >>> James Harden @D-rock :D

jcmoon likes this.
  16. j@amc

j@amc Member

Merge this idea with the Tate thread. To me, Eason looks like a potential long-range fit on the Rockets as a small forward running mate with Green and JC. With his size, Eason could even match up in the popular small-ball lineups as a PF. And if his 3-point shooting and offensive game continue to improve, he's even an upgrade over Martin.

Looking at the majority of teams picking in that #10-16 range, they aren't looking for a player with Eason's current strengths. Or they certainly don't need to add a rookie with his weaknesses (questionable range, foul prone, and plenty of tape of playing out of control). Unless Charlotte hits it big, they are picking twice in that range. But there is probably too much talent here for him to drop to us.

D-rock likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

it’s crazy how streets ahead I am, maybe you don’t like the trade idea, doesn’t mean it’s not a possibility. Best of both worlds. Rockets got to bottom out from the Harden trade and now they would theoretically get a All Defense talent. I actually like keeping Wood and adding Tate + salary in a Simmons deal. Wood and Simmons would be incredible together. This team is missing playmaking and Defense. Simmons can do both! The back is concerning from an outside perspective, trades are done with physicals, the risk would be calculated

Nook, D-rock, joshuaao and 1 other person like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Way way way too much risk. There are other players to eventually trade for. To take that amount of risk on then to potentially also risk improving the nets which then hurts the perception of the nets picks. Those picks will be used to either bring in more talent through the draft as the rockets improve or packed for a legit star to pair with the rockets own picks.

clutchdabear and jiggyfly like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If Simmons clears his physical he’s going to net a lot more than that. I don’t think the Nets trade him though and they’ll be much better for it. I’m not going keep defending this but just remember this statement when Simmons either gets a giant haul in a trade or returns to being an elite defender that the Nets need. What happened this season was an outlier.

Nook likes this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Simmons' issue isn't just physical, it's psychological. If there was no mental issue baggage, you would be right. However, Simmons currently has 3 major red flags:
    1. Mental health struggles severe enough for him to miss entire seasons.
    2. Herniated disc and a history of back injury, the same issues that ended Dwight Howard's prime.
    3. Lack of improvement, especially on offense. His advanced numbers (VORP, BPM, WS) have gone down, and his offensive numbers have not changed at all since his rookie season.
    For a player that relies on his athleticism and has limited offensive skill set, the 2nd and 3rd issues are major deal breakers.

Simmons will only net a haul if he can sustain at least 1 full healthy season of elite performance, otherwise I doubt any team is taking a gamble on him since his contract practically just started.

clutchdabear and jiggyfly like this.