1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon vs Twitter update: Elon in Israel !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 26, 2022.

?

Who is for democracy?

1. Elon

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Twitter

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Chinese democracy by Guns N Roses

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what it sounds like
    When non contributing members cry

wah!!
    Waahhh!!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can’t tell the difference from serious and parody anymore…

snowconeman22, JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Shaun King? Isn't there serious questions about whether he is even black?

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Social media is a gigantic problem (from politics to societal hate to suicides worldwide) and no one has solved it. Musk has solved some nearly impossible problems. He has a great track record. Hopefully, he succeeds in solving those problems.

A side note - Musk said "free speech" and the crowds (both sides) go nutz! Hilarious to witness.

5. adoo

adoo Member

about a decade ago, the criticism against Musk was

"don't think he understands Electric Vehicles nor spacecrafts/rockets, as they're very different than writing codes for PayPal"​

Turbo and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That’s exactly how you sounded the other day crying to the mods….lol.

tHeY HuRt My fEelinGS!!!

Invisible Fan and adoo like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This won't affect your average user. People take twitter way too seriously, it's generally a cesspool like every other internet forums/comment section/social media.

The only difference is that celebs gets a verified.

this is equivalent to any forum getting a new admin. I always feel like people overreact about contents on social media, I also thought it was ridiculous to ban Donald Trump.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

ChicanX?
    Gringos make things worse
    @MexAmercnMoose

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Like Clutchfans
    I immediately know who are rockets fans and who aren’t
    It’s instinct, like how Hakeem knows when to spin or fade away
    @Reeko
    @Os Trigonum @Space Ghost

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Why do we scream at each other? (Why do we scream, why)
    This is what it sounds like
    When doves cry
    When doves cry (doves cry, doves cry)
    When doves cry (doves cry, doves cry)
    Don't cry (don't cry)

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** thanks for telling us what to be outraged about. Wouldn't know if you didn't tell us.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'll be curious if Elon has a real plan to deal with bots. Fundamentally he has no incentive to deal with them since he's arguably a personal beneficiary but it'll be interesting to see what he does. Musk also claimed that he would make the bot detection algorithms open source to "improve" them but that also means bot developers get access so who knows. Twitter has yet to deploy the most logical solutions to limit bots so we'll see how that changes.

I'll also be curious how he deals with third party data access. Facebook is notoriously weak on this front and allows third parties to extensively data mine. Facebook views data sharing as core to its business. Historically, Twitter hasn't worked the same way but I'll be interested if Musk goes down the Facebook path and just lets third parties have open access to the Twitter Firehose. Twitter has gotten more restrictive over time around that and I'll be curious if Musk reverses all of that.

Andre0087 likes this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Member

Hopefully Musk does make it a true free speech platform. Hopefully all the people threatening to leave do because their absence alone will make Twitter better although I would be surprised if even 10% of them actually leave.

MojoMan likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't worry @Os Trigonum , I got this.

Both Shaun King and this guy are very serious...unfortunately....well, I'm not so sure about King...there's a few people left and right that seem to be complete caricatures of a kooky liberal or conservative. Because it actually pays well to be popular on social media some of these people could very well be frauds...AKA, grfiters.

REEKO_HTOWN and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Instead of spending money on front row seats at a nba playoff game
    The woke chicken activists could have bought chick fil a meals for hungry kids

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

FIFY.
    Which cries louder? GARM or IRC Mods? @Dr of Dunk

tinman likes this.
  18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

this thread is weird. 75% of it seems to be right-wingers and tinman saying that liberals and leftists are freaking out over musk purchasing twitter and gleefully proclaiming it a victory for the 1st amendment and free speech. yall seem to see this as some kind of personal victory for yourself or your political ideology. its just weird.

and i really dont get all the "free speech" arguments. twitter is a private company. should they not be able to set their own rules for their users and enforce them? can they not ban people if they violate their rules (or even if they dont...again, its a private company). should clutch not be able to kick people off who violate the rules of clutchfans? whats the difference clutchfans and twitter?

meanwhile, the governor of florida went after a private company b/c they spoke out against one of his policies...thats a real free speech issue, the implications of which everyone should be concerned about.

on a bigger level, what is the role of social media companies when it comes to regulating what is put up on their sites? calls for violence, calls for political violence or overthrowing the government? racism? politicians knowingly lying to the voters? should it all be allowed? even if the private company says they dont want it, should the government then step in to force them? is that "small government conservatism"? me thinks not.

personally, i think it was a mistake to ban trump. its better if he is out in the open spewing his garbage so that everyone can be reminded daily of what a piece of s*** he is. absence makes the heart grow fonder and i think there is a lot of that with trump. we have short memories, especially when it comes to politics, and many are forgetting what a treasonous pig he is because he isnt out there being the media-w**** that he is on a daily basis.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My guess is option #3. Musk is a wizard when it comes to making money. He's so good at it that Mr. Elon has tens of thousands of "fan boys" endlessly fawning over him. We have one here who escaped from The Wizard of Oz. Musk is such a wizard with money, and ideas, to be fair (I'm a Space X "fan boy"), that he pays far less in taxes that your average American. Example? Between 2014 and 2018, Elon Musk paid an effective tax rate of 3.27%. Your average American working family pays an average tax rate of 13%. Isn't that special?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I told the D&D that Elon is man
    and now they freaking out like Joe Klein trying to guard Olajuwon

They can't
    stop
    him

This is a victory for Austin TX
    Houston TX
    Katy TX

@Os Trigonum