1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scary stories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

So, when I was roughly 17 a dude asked if I needed a ride. I stupidly said yes and thankfully I was only 2 blocks away. But I knew immediately I made a poor decision. 70's sedan ****.

When I got out he asked for some socks. I was like "OK" and got some. As I got back to his car he asked for underwear. I said "Nope." Threw the socks at him and ran back into my home. But I guarantee I was a trial run for this guy.

FrontRunner, TMac'n and Jontro like this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Might as well share this as well. I lost my phone at this place in the Heights. As the crow flies, 8.6 miles. I decided to walk. Got to Fuego on Washington. Tried to find a ride. Nope. Thought it'd be fun to see the new Memorial tunnels on my way home. BTW, they are awful and nowhere near done.

Anyhoo, I decided to follow the train down Memorial. Even Gave the old Horn pull sign. But by the time I kept walking... The train was parked on the bridge and there was a 30 foot deep bayou. I could only go backwards.

And so I did. But I had to lay down multiple times, not worrying about snakes, etc. but my hydration.

When I finally got to my starting point, I had to limp over the car thingies trains have.

I don't pray unless I need it but I prayed for water. God gave me a water fountain.

As soon as that happenned I recalled I can get a cab!

Here's the thing that I found out. Between Memorial Park & San Felipe 610? Nothing. Nada Zilch

I was begging myself to walk 50 paces and rest. Took me 7 hours.

Couldn't walk straight for two days.

Girls keep screaming "You could've been mugged!"

Lol No. I'm not the mugging type.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

One time when I was 12 my three best friends and I decided to go see a dead body for some reason. One of my friends was fat, the other was alt-right with a burned ear and the other was handsome and a hero but poor.

We walked down some train tracks and got leaches all over us when we swam in a swamp and I passed out when I found a bloody leach on my nuts. I told a story about a villain fat guy who made everyone throw up as a super power. Then some dog wanted to eat my balls. We also somehow almost couldn’t dodge a train. Some of us cried sometimes.

We got to the dead body and it was boring. Then some greaser teenagers wanted to switchblade fight and my hero buddy backed them off with a gun.

Those were different times and my fat friend got skinny and traveled through different dimensions, my alt-right friend stopped growing and married a Playboy bunny and hung out with Michael Jackson. My hero friend OD’d outside of Johnny Depp’s nightclub. The head greaser guy cleaned his act up and became an insecure, codependent federal agent who just wanted people to trust him and send in a team.

As for me, I turned into Richard Dreyfus and spend my days thinking about when I peaked in Jr High.

#3 Xerobull, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  4. Xerobull

Here's another one for you, @Roscoe Arbuckle:

Commitment to a serious, long term, monogamous relationship...

[​IMG]

#4 Xerobull, Apr 25, 2022
  5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

One time I was playing the original Pokemon and I got all the way to Lavender Town. I don't know what happened exactly, but as soon as the music started playing, I blacked out. When I woke up I was standing on the edge of the Hamilton Bridge, about 500 feet up. Luckily, I regained my senses and was able to climb up to safety.

Later, with the help of my techie cousin, we analyzed the sound waves of the song with "special software." We found that it contained binaural beats that modify brain waves. But that's not all -- toward the end of the song, the wave pattern suddenly converged and coalesced into the image of a particular haunted Pokemon that would not be released until many years later.

I didn't know at the time, but it turns out that Lavendar Town Syndrome is a real thing. To this date, Pikachu gives me the shivers.

FrontRunner, TMac'n and Xerobull like this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

True story:

My father in law (FIL) had passed away from lung cancer about a week before my first son was born. Prior to his passing, he kept regularly asking my mother in law (MIL) if my son was born yet because he really wanted to see him before he left this earth, and unfortunately he passed 1 week before he was born. About 2 months after his passing and after my son was born, we went to go visit my MIL and the 3 of us (my wife, my son, and I) stayed in my wife's old room that she grew up in. In the middle of the night we heard a loud blast in the room that woke me and my wife up. We each turned to each other and asked "what was that?" but we chose not to investigate because we were so tired from traveling with our newborn to my MIL's house that day.

When we woke up in the morning, we found my wife's old DVD player was smashed to pieces on the wood floors right in front of where it was originally located (on a TV cabinet). The wood floors were even damaged and really seemed like there was an extreme force that slammed it into the floor.

Yes, we believe it was my FIL. He was never an aggressive or angry guy, but we believe it was him letting us know that he was finally able to meet his grandson. All 3 of us spent the rest of the time at my MIL's house sleeping in my MILs room (i slept on the floor).

Xerobull likes this.
  7. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

One night I was partying down on Imperial Beach, I left walking towards the train station thru a deserted industrial park. A vehicle pulled up with a man and a young woman who offered me a ride so I accepted. As we slowly made it down the road the guy asks if I find his wife attractive, nervously I say yeah she is pretty not sure where this was heading. They ended up asking me to have sex with her on the hood of the vehicle while the husband watched from behind the wheel. I drunkenly agreed and performed the act with her while eyeballing the guy expecting this to be a set up, once we finished they dropped me off at the train station and were never seen again. I had completely forgot about this experience until I was reading this thread. About as wild as the time I stayed at a house in Temecula and was offered to hang out to join in a swingers' party, That I passed on as I was worried it wasnt going to be as exciting as they described and I couldnt see myself standing around naked with a bunch other people.

TMac'n and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

I believe it. I had a similar thing happen to me.

Here's the 'Ghost Story' I told 17 years ago in 2005 in the Ghost Story thread:

I live in a house in Galveston that is at least 125 years old- I know it's that old because I've seen it on an isometric map of Galveston dated 1880. Anyway, this house has been split into a duplex, and I first lived downstairs, then up.

When I lived on the bottom floor, I never actually saw a ghost, but some very weird stuff happened. I accidentally locked myself out of the house, and the second time I tried the handle (out of frustration), the door was unlocked. A similar thing happend about a month later- I over-loaded the washer with two blankets, and so I had to take one out and put it on the back porch. The door to the back porch had a deadlock, and I was standing there with a dripping wet blanket, cussing because I had to put it down and go get the key. Suddenly there was a loud 'click' and the deadbolt was unlocked. I waited a second because I thought it was my roommate coming in through the back door, but when he didn't come in, I opened the door to see that there was no one there. There was a motion-sensitive light that I set off when I opened the door, so there was no way that anyone was back there.

When I would come home from work, I would go into the kitchen, eat and watch sportscenter on a 25-inch TV I mounted to the wall with one of those TV mounts you see in bars, hospitals, airports, etc. It had been there for a few months, and one day I didn't go directly into the kitchen, I got on my computer instead. About 30 minutes later, I heard a huge crash, and ran into the kitchen to see that the TV had fallen off the mount. I had actually screwed wood screws into the TV to help secure it, and these were lying on the floor too. I looked at the TV, and the holes that the screws were in weren't ripped out or even stressed. Not only did I have it screwed in, it was strapped down as well. We speculated that whatever did it (ghost) was ticked at me for breaking my habit of hanging out in the Kitchen after work.

Very shortly after my wife (then my GF) moved in with me, something similar happened. We were sleeping, and at about 3:30 in the morning, I woke up to a big crash. I asked her if she had heard anything, and of course she said that I was dreaming, but being the paranoid type, I checked it out anyway. I went into the living room, and in the middle of the floor was a 15-inch monitor smashed to bits. I had kept in in the closet in the living room, which had sliding/folding doors (can't think of the proper name). I suppose it could have fallen off the shelf and knocked the door open on it's own, but it was about 10 feet away from the closet, and it looked more like it was dropped from several feet up.

I didn't really see anything else downstairs, but my wife says she saw a fuzzy child-size shape in the doorway to the kitchen, and my old roommate says he saw an old man in the corner of his room. But he was stoned alot of the time, so I discount that sighting.

We moved upstairs last year because it was nicer and roomier, and we didn't really see anything supernatural until recently. I was walking up the stairs about two weeks ago, and saw a shape walk across the hall in my peripheral vision. I thought it was my wife crossing from our bedroom to the bathroom, but when I got to the top of the stairs, the bathroom light was off and the door was closed. I checked the bathroom just to be sure, and she wasn't there. I went into our bedroom, and she was sitting in bed reading a book, and said she hadn't moved in the past 20 minutes.

Last week, we were laying in bed during game two of the World Series when the HR was hit that put the Sox ahead. Ticked off, I turned the TV off. About five seconds later, the bed shook hard like someone was shaking the bed frame, for about five solid seconds. Kate was pretty spooked, and I got up and looked around the house (I'm not sure what for). I came back, shrugged, and turned the TV back on. That was by far the most supernatural thing I had actually experienced in that house.

I really like the house, though, and have never really felt threatened. A few times before I have seen out of the corner of my eye what I thought was a person shape, but except for the stairs incedent, have always discounted it as shadows or light playing tricks on me. When I originally moved into the house, I found three paintings, one of which had a floating woman in a dress, with some latin written on it (I'm not kidding), something to the effect of 'Spiritus Hominus' and 'Rex' is in there somewhere. If anyone is interested, I will look at it when I get home and post the exact Latin. It's hanging in my living room right now. Apparently a previous tenant had been an artist and had left the paintings.
    I have a few other supernatural type stories in addition to a lot of shenanigans from when I was younger.

Roscoe Arbuckle and TMac'n like this.
  9. TMac'n

Dude, that is absolutely insane....crazy that you actually experienced something paranormal also smash or break things.

I've experienced other things too. I hate the feeling, and just pray that i never take it home with me. My most recent one was last year during Labor Day weekend when my family and I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites in Texas City across from the Tanger Outlet mall (after a day out in Galveston). My wife and I slept on the bed while my kids slept on the sofa pull out mattress. In the middle of the night my wife and I kept waking up to "sliding" sounds. We kept asking "did you hear that?" but didn't think much of it since it was a hotel and we could sometimes hear sounds in the hallway from other guests. We woke up in the morning and one of my kids asked why the dresser drawers were open (about 3 or 4 of them were open). We said nothing to kids but new something paranormal occurred, and just spoke about it amongst ourselves (didn't want to spook the kids).

I've had others, but can't remember them right now

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Xerobull

There are lots of ghosts down in Galveston county since the 1900 storm.

One other thing that happened in that house that I didn't mention. When my wife was super pregnant with our first son, she was lying in bed and started to get up. She very distinctly heard a man's voice say 'stay in bed, get some rest' from the bedside. This was after the other stuff had happened so she said she sat up in bed and looked around and of course, no one was there.

A few other different things:

• I lived in the 'Bird' streets in League City, right next to the Texas Killing Fields back in the 1990s. My girlfriend at the time who was in to scary movies and **** brought home an Ouija board. We sat down to do it, barely put our fingertips on the arrow thing and it instantly started zooming around the board in a perfect figure 8. We both looked at each other like, is this **** happening but started to ask it questions. It didn't answer...it just started spelling out k i l l y o u over and over again. I told her to get that thing out of my house and couldn't sleep all night.

• When my wife, son and I moved to Ft. Worth in 2008 we ended up buying a house out in the country. It was a standard suburb builder type house, built in 2000. One night, clear as anything, we heard a child's voice asking 'momma?' over and over again in our room. Our son was sound asleep and his bedroom wasn't in the same hallway (and it wasn't his voice). I went outside and looked around and couldn't find anything. It was pretty spooky and sad.

TMac'n likes this.
  11. Xerobull

This is one of my many Clark Griswold moments:

Back in the mid 90's I got a sales job that had it's offices off 290 on Mangum. I had to drive there from League City every day so I figured out a shortcut around downtown Houston by taking 59 to i10, going West then jumping on 610, which saved me about 20 minutes in the morning.

One day I was low on gas but was running late and decided to go for it. I got to i10 and I had been on E for about 20 minutes so I had to exit...in Fifth Ward. I ended up running out of gas on the exit road and started to hoof it for a gas station about a quarter mile away. I'm in this crappy suit and I'm as white as you can get, walking in Fifth Ward.

Of course, this dude pulls up next to me in his pimped out Caddy and I'm like, well, ****, I guess this is it. He rolls down his window and says 'say, need a ride?' and I stand there for a second thinking, if he's going to jack me, he's going to do it either way. So I say ok and get in. I grew up in some sketchy places but I'm pretty sure he can tell I'm scared.... and he takes me to the gas station, He says, 'say, can you spot me some cash?' and I'm like, no I don't carry cash, but I'll fill up your car on my CC. So I go in, fill up his car, buy a gas can and fill it up. He takes me back to my car and says good luck.

Moral of the story, not everyone is 'bad' in the hood, but fill up your ****ing car so you don't have to find out.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Was it a "ride ride?"

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man, I have the creepiest story you will ever read.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  15. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Every morning (so far), I wake up.

16. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

My turn..

I was about 10-11, chilling in my living room watching a movie or something, and Then the phone rings. My mom answers it and steps outside. For wtv reason I went out there, and she was trying to get the person who called to say something. Turns out it was my older sister. She was married, kids, had her own home blah blah blah. Well, when she called my mom ( late at night, and from what my mother told me), she started telling my Mom that she wasn’t feeling good. That she felt “something” was wrong with her. She was feeling scared/ frightened and that if she could go over. As my mom was trying to ask her what was it she was feeling, ( my mom later told us) she said that she could hear 2 voices speaking at the same time!! Wtf! So my sister starts telling my mom if she can please go over and to call our church pastor and have him go over asap.. my mother tells us that she clearly heard a deep man’s voice speaking over my sister and that she knew something was wrong .
    Fast foward, so my mom calls up some church people , they go over to find my sister in the living room sitting down in the dark. Kids (3 of them) were in their rooms scared.
    So one church lady takes all the kids to one room and began praying and what not.

my mom, the pastor or 2 and 1 other church guy went to go look at my sister.. To confirm that she indeed had been possessed by a demon.,

they start doing an exorcism and the further they got into it, the worse my sister got. My mom told us that 2 grown men couldn’t hold down my sister and that she was shoving pushing them away with ease.. she started yelling and cursing etc..

My sister let out a huge scream, threw up and passed out.. everyone who went that day had a look our their face for days after, a scared, worried look.
    That day made me realize that there really is some dark evil spirits lurking , waiting to u leash it’s evil upon us.

to anyone who says it’s all hocus pocus. Believe me. It’s not.

#16 tochiee22, Apr 25, 2022
    TMac'n likes this.
  17. TMac'n

Holy $hit... This really made the hair on the back my neck stand. Some f@cked up $hit right there.....

tochiee22 likes this.
  18. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Indeed. Plenty of witnesses to deny its legitimacy. Everyone tells the story the same.
    4 kids!!
    3-4 church people
    My mom
    My sis
    And my memory of that phone call .. I remember everything in detail to this day.
    Wicked shiz

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

This reminds me of the time I had Saturday detention with a bunch of other kids from my high school. I was a bit of a nerd back then and didn't have a lot of friends. Not surprisingly, the school bully/druggy and the schizo girl were there, but somehow the captain of the wrestling team and the goody two shoes who got straight 'A's in all her classes were also there.

We had this really weird principal that was always threatening the kids at school. That was also the day we found out that the janitor goes through all of our stuff and was kind of a crazy stalker. It is amazing the kinds of people they used to have around children.

All of us had this supposed bonding experience where everyone talked about all the problems they had, but it was a bunch of bullshit. Like the jock guy felt really bad about putting duct tape on another student, the burnout's dad mildly abused him. Here I was, the victim of constant bullying and being made fun of, often by these very same sadists, and now they wanted me to feel sorry for them.

They made us write essays, but somehow I ended up being forced to write the one essay for everyone, and they all just wanted it to say how we are all the same and we all got problems. What a bunch of entitled assholes. They all promised that we would be friends or whatever afterward. We weren't, they continued to be assholes.

CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.
  20. Xerobull

I think I went to HS with you. Did you make a crazy-hot British chick with your computer, go on a cross-country drive with your crazy family, date-rape the prom queen and end up being the top quarterback college recruit in the country? I was the guy who poured a Slushie on you at the mall. Hilarious.