1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. my time to shine

Rockets future > Sixers

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

If they lose a 3-0 lead. My goodness

clos4life, hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  3. Asian Sensation

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Doc rivers and Philly fans right now...

5. Asian Sensation

From Wes Mathews to Austin Rivers to Jonathon Simmons to Luguentz Dort to Preshus Achoowa. The rich storied tradition of marginal scrub role players making a name off Harden continues.

To the delusional fan club members that hate me for keeping it real and exposing the truth.

[​IMG]

DasouthDakota and BigShasta like this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I really don't get what happened to Harden.

If your argument is "he's washed" or "lol old" or "that hammy tho," he wasn't this bad in the games before the 76ers trade. He also wasn't this bad in the first few games with the 76ers.

But somehow, from then until now, he's been absolutely abysmal and not even 1/10th of BKN Harden. We don't even need to talk about HOU Harden, because those days seem long gone.

7. conquistador#11

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

He's a loser, a supremely talented loser. After that SA series, I thought we might be in trouble. After ushering off Dwight, CP3, and then Westbrook, I knew we were in trouble... He then ate his way outta Houston, pouted his way outta Brooklyn, and now this. Shocked...

9. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

I'm not sure that our present day John Wall is any worse than THIS (post-hamstring) version of Harden...get Morey on the phone...!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And he wants a 200m contract this summer. Lol

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Years of partying and excess got to him. Years of superstar entitlement mentality as well. Lots of players have bad nights problem is Harden doesnt really do the other **** like defense and playing hard.

Every single person here in CF who clowned our Front Office for "running off Harden" and "passing on young multi all star Simmons" need to apologize. Apparently they do know more than random internet posters. Imagine that.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@HP3 what happened to 76ers are but a Simmons trade from winning it all?

back to 5 years of tanking again more likely

my time to shine likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. Asian Sensation

What happen to the Harden fanbois energy from February and early March?

[​IMG]

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think those contradict each other. He can excitedly put up a few good games after the trade to the Sixers before reality catches up with him since he likely is washed up. The dude is in his 13th season, he's been in the playoffs every one of those years, and he's been past the first round in 8 of those years(9 if the Sixers don't blow this series). That's a ton of mileage on a guy who'll be 33 in August. And that's to say nothing of the fact that he doesn't take care of his body and plays a very aggressive style of ball where he's constantly attacking the basket and getting hammered.

The Rockets may not have planned to unload Harden in early 2021, but in retrospect, it was the best thing that could've happened for the organization. They got a ton of potentially great picks in return and their own collapse(enhanced by a lot of tanking, of course) allowed them to keep their pick and landed them Jalen Green who's 12 years younger than Harden.

clos4life, HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Go Scott Foster! Go Sports! @Jontro

ElPigto, Os Trigonum and Jontro like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

No one in the world thought Harden would turn out like current-Philly Harden when he was averaging 25/10/5 during his first few games with the Rockets before being shipped off to BKN. And he was doing that while being out of shape to start the season.

Of course the FO should know more than the casual internet poster - that's what the FO is being paid big bucks for. But don't act like the FO knew all along that Harden would turn out to be...this, two years later.

Wulaw Horn, roslolian and HP3 like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

will not miss

J.R. likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why do you need to know how it would turn out? They just made their decision based on available information and it turned out to be the right decision. Remember at the time haters were saying Fertita let his ego get in the way and didnt discuss with Morey for the "superior deal".

I also recall a lot of posters claiming the Rox got nothing out of the deal and just gave Harden away for spare parts.