1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Psaki Says "Gender Affirming Care" for Kids Is 'Best Practice'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't even comment on the video so not sure what you are talking about.

But what are twisted thoughts on masturbation? Are you saying when you were a kid you were spanked when you touched yourself and told you are evil - was it's the devils horn? lol, wtf is wrong with people?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People are posting them on Twitter but the videos she comments on won't load since she deleted the tweet. She now claims that people are intentionally just showing screencaps...because that's all they can do since she's been on a deleting streak.

Recommending something is not teaching it though. Remember the context. She's making a video for high school students for some virtual sex ed series, not toddlers. Her doing a wanking motion and showing splash is not going to offend the sensibilities of teenagers learning about sex. The context is she's teaching teens that masturbation is okay and that she wants to teach them to do it consensually.

She frames the entire thing around that. Who knows what comes before and after because that's why this is clipped and cuts her off mid-word even. She said 'We teach them (kids) the language for our bodies, right?' then goes on about how you teach them what is their nose but she believes you should also teach them about their genitals so that they learn not to touch those areas publically.

Libsoftiktok frames this entire thing as if she's having a summer camp to teach kids how to masturbate. All she's saying is that kids masturbate and/or touch themselves (completely true) and that they should learn about those body parts too...because they will definitely ask questions about those body parts.

It isn't. You said...and I quote... "Do you agree that teaching masturbation to children of ALL AGES, direct quote from her, as soon as they could talk, another direct quote from her, the language for their bodies so they know how to explore their body consensually (consent from a toddler?), more direct quotes from her, is correct?"

She literally never says that she wants to teach masturbation to children of all ages. She never says that. That is not direct quote. She said masturbation is healthy and she recommends it for all ages.

Also, the whole 'consent' thing you misinterpreted. If I jerk off in a waiting room it's not consent, I'm forcing everyone to witness me doing this, that's what she meant by "We have to teach them not to do this in public."

So yes, I do think your interpretation of even this clip was wrong.

It is dishonest because she framed it as someone having a summer camp to personally teach kids to masturbate... as for the other thing...let's look closer at this...

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what it means to be a reactionary. You're reacting but not really looking into the subject. It just feels good to react and condemn it... What @Sweet Lou 4 2 said was 100% right.

Here's a collection of links about toddler masturbation...

https://hhma.org/healthadvisor/pa-bmasturb-hhg/#:~:text=Occasional masturbation is a normal,simply because it feels good.
    https://www.parent.com/blogs/conversations/you-dont-have-to-freak-out-if-your-toddler-masturbates
    https://babyology.com.au/toddler/le...now-about-how-to-handle-toddler-masturbation/
    https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/p...nt/sexuality/masturbation-six-ways-manage-it/
    https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/toddler/toddler-masturbation-a1669-20210418
    I could go on but I think the point is proven here. This teacher seems to be right...I bet she like..teaches SexEd on the regular and knows this is common. My guess is the only reason she knows her nephews did it because it's probably something her sister brought up to her since she teaches this subject and she probably told her sister exactly that. "It's normal, nothing to worry about." and see how easy it is to assume that someone is not a pedo or groomer without jumping to that conclusion?

Eitehr way, sweetlou was right and this teacher is right. There is nothing wrong with a toddler doing this. Honestly I didn't think much of it but after like 10 minutes of research it seems to be a completely normal behavior. I'm sure if you're a religious puritan you might find it bad but if I were bathing my 2 year and he touched himself I'd just laugh and move on and count it down as curiosity.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A) You can't dox someone who already has a public profile. That person then creating an alternative account to post their views...and that being reported with their actual public profile isn't doxxing, it's legit reporting so the attacks on Taylor Lorenz are not justified for doing journalism work.

B) Libsoftiktok is definitely hate for liberals - they mischaracterize liberals and get them fired. That's definitely using libel to get people fired from their job and will likely result in her being sued for libel considering their is tangible damage being down. It's shocking to me to see people try to defend this account.

C) While I don't like banning of accounts, I do think if someone is engaged in illegal activity such as libel that crosses a line.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are not old enough to consent to such things nor do they understand the ramifications. Period. Such moves expose them to a life that has a high suicide rate as well. Getting them psychological counseling would be best practice. Turning a blind eye, or supporting child abuse, is wrong, just because you want to be "accepting". There are some things stronger and better people will stand up against though and we won't let weaklings like yourself get away with this lack of thought or care.

JumpMan likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The attitude that's going to lead to acceptance of pedophilia? You do realize how big of a jump that is from saying that it's not a problem if more people identify as LGBT to pedophilia.

Again I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe in your mind it is somehow a separate issue but from what I and it appears many others see is that you're relating the issues together and that you've been arguing this on the basis not as some tangent but as a related fear.
    You yourself have said that what this law will do is negligible at best so the "organic" number of LGBT will not really be affected by the law or not.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Desire is one thing but the fact that so many are retweeting and reposting Libs of TikTok shows they aren't actually being censored.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What is so bad about reading a book of pronouns?

This is the problem that I see with this debate. Yes many people choose to use different pronouns. That doesn't mean that any particular person should choose to identify as a different gender.

There is a difference between acknowledgement and encouragement, yet those supporting this law seem to think they are one and the same.

On top of that many supporters of this law are also saying that they have no problem if more people end up identifying as LGBT (Love is Love) and that this law will do very little to change the number of people identifying as LGBT. So you have a law that isn't actually addressing a problem and if that is considered a problem doing very little to address it. This is exactly the type of government intrusion that Conservatives usually rail against.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Depends how long the book is.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the comment was directly addressed to @FranchiseBlade about his assessment of "vile" etc., and his desire not to see such things posted here on cf.

It had NOTHING to do, whatsoever, with the general "reposting Libs of TikTok shows they aren't actually being censored." Nothing. Nada. Once again I fear you are either attempting to put words in my mouth that are simply NOT there and/or misdirecting the focus of my actual comments to some other aspect of the topic that you're interested in. But your point is not what I was addressing.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I didn't claim that you were saying they were being censored. I was pointing out a difference regarding desire and actual action. If anything it was a riff of of your post.

Anyway so what if a poster desires something to be censored? That is part of free speech to express an opinion, whether that is acted on or not is a different thing.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

I think its a sign of the time when one side of a political debate gets its political positions from an admitted (and offensive) troll site like "libs of tiktok"...

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what's offensive about it? it just aggregates and posts other public content.

AroundTheWorld, J.R. and Astrodome like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Libs of Tiktok called a suicide prevention site grooming for LGBT. It is offensive and hateful to not want people bullied to be able to reach out for help. That is only one of the things.

It is offensive to try have and people fired for encouraging tolerance.

Commodore likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough

18. NewRoxFan

I am not surprised that you are proving my point...

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I started talking to my kid about girls vs boys around the age of 2 and a half.

When the flying **** did gender and gender dimorphism become taboo for kids to learn about?

This is basic **** that every child has learned at a very early age since probably human records have been kept.

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I get that. I'll wait for any new ones to be posted here. If she's had hundreds, then that means she'll definitely do it again, right?

What 16-year-olds need to know that wacking off in public is not okay? None. But lots of toddlers would need to know that.

Everyone who has raised or is raising boys, like me, for example, has to teach them not to touch or pull out their pecker in public. That is normal. Bringing in masturbation to that conversation is not normal.

Going strictly on what she said on the video, I gotta admit that she doesn't say she would teach masturbation to toddlers. I'll drop that point.

Your interpretation here, however, doesn't make sense because teens don't need to be taught about that type of consent.

Did you need to be taught that as a 16-year-old? I doubt it, but toddlers do need to be taught about that. That's who she's talking about in most of the video even if she is talking to 16-year-olds.

I don't think so. I didn't imagine a summer camp full of toddlers learning how to beat off. I didn't even imagine her teaching anyone to beat off. All I understood is that a lady who believes it's good for toddlers to beat off is teaching a sexy summer camp to children. Now, describing 16-year-olds as children is disingenuous even though it's technically correct. I also misunderstood her teaching masturbation, but that's me misunderstanding the content in video not the commentary describing the video.

As far as the point of masturbation being good for toddlers, I will have to disagree. I'm not sure a discussion about it will be productive.