1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The Cavs fan vs the contrarian. By all means, keep up the debate!

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So Banchero is who you believe is close to Morant?

Wow.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I said ceiling, not career averages. Ceiling usually means discussing the peak 4+ season-stretch of a player's career.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet’s defense vs. other top bigs

NAME SCHOOL/YEAR BLOCK RATE STEAL RATE FOULS PER 40

Joel Embiid Kansas, 2014 11.7 2.3 5.8
    Deandre Ayton Arizona, 2018 6.1 1 2.8
    Evan Mobley USC, 2021 8.8 1.4 2.1
    Jarrett Allen Texas, 2017 5.0 1.0 2.6
    Jaren Jackson Jr. Mich State, 2018 14.3 1.6 5.9
    Anthony Davis Kentucky, 2012 13.7 2.5 2.4
    Mo Bamba Texas, 2018 13.1 1.5 3.4
    Bam Adebayo Kentucky, 2017 4.9 1.2 3.5
    Chet Holmgren Gonzaga, 2022 12.7 1.7 5.2

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Randle has had no such ceiling then.

That is Melo territory.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

"Trust me bro" is more accurately your posting method.

I back up what I say, check the archives.

I also admit when I misspeak.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Green, Cade, Mobley, Barnes all have the same flexibility in this draft. If one thinks Paolo is the BPA, he's the BPA regardless if it is Green, Cade, Mobley, or Barnes. Ditto for Chet, Jabari, Ivey, and Sharpe.

I don't see anyone in this draft that I would put with Green, Cade, Mobley as they were seen prior to the NBA. This isn't to say a player won't end up better than those 3.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is that stunning?

He was not asked to rim protect and was not asked to play defensively in the paint, he also had a bonafide C playing behind him.

Why does is BPG matter anyway, he will only be asked to play C minimally and in a small ball lineup? I have no idea why BPG matters with a guy like Banchero.

The fact that you know Wood averaged almost 3 BPG but is still terrible at defense shows you how that stat means little.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does any of that have to do with anything, you are just pulling stats out your ass now.

We get it you love Holmgrem.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Chet will have Sengun to fill the Timme role for a large part of the game on D. This will allow Chet to play help defender, weak side shot blocker and use his length to close off large swaths of the halfcourt.

After a year or two, Chet will be fine when functioning as the "Timme" in the paint on D. He will gain some mass and a good bit of functional strength.

If I remember right D-Rock you wanted to take Mobley because Hardy was a better perimeter prospect than Green. I do specifically remember you saying that Obviously now Hardy has fallen off and I'm sure your off of him in that regard.

Green/Chet is better than Mobley/Hardy or even Mobley/Ivey or Mobley/Sharpe. I wish we could stop bringing Mobley into every thread.

D-rock likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It’s going to be fascinating if we have # 1 who the Rox choose. Just glad we have a top 5 pick because it seems any of Chet, Banchero, Jabari, Ivey, or Sharpe could end up being the best player down the road.

Two more months of this debate….

rhee, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Keep pounding that chest! Its what you're known for. When you have a new pet project you get all obsessive compulsive and rarely offer a middle ground. Its either agree with you or be labeled an "only fan" or "liar".

Do your thing - I aint mad at ya! I come here to get some laughs and take the pulse of the best ROX fans out there. I dont take myself that seriously.

Check the archives like that one dude who cooked you for all the BS takes you had on Jalen Green? Like that? Did you admit to misspeaking about Jalen Green or just deflect to loving on Mobley?

Such a humble guy who admits when he misspeaks! LOL

Wait remind me why Im a liar again - because I didnt watch LSU enough to know that Tari Eason was a 6th man!! Hilarious stuff. This place needs you - NEVER CHANGE!!!

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  14. whozee

whozee Member

This tells me we need to trade for Mo Bamba.

Get er dun Stoney

Ekiu and Plowman like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wherever Chet is draft, clearly the hope would be a better career than Bamba's so far...
    HOWEVER, to me Bamba has been completely mismanaged from a development standpoint (see all Magic players generally lol), but even with that the offensive limitations coming out of college were clear. He was a 27% 3 point shooter and lacked either real size to bang or post up AND lacking real fluidity AND lacking bball iq.

As a Chet "guy", the risk of him being more Bamba or even worse - Bol Bol esque - is definitely real and one i can't ignore. I think its a small risk given Chet's body of work, fluidity, bball iq, world play and college play...but a real risk.

I think Jabari has the least risk, but the lowest potential upside of the top 4. Which doesn't mean there's no way Jabari develops a handle, becomes a creator and a real multi-time all star, just means at this moment, his floor is high cause dude can give you 15/7 with defense as a complimentary player with his shooting, but his ceiling is low cause its unclear he'll even bee more than a complementary player.

I think Chet has the highest upside but the most risk, for obvious reasons.

I think Paolo is in the middle.

This ignores Ivey...

16. i3artow i3aller

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

#2597 vator, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    lionaire and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You disagreed that he was putting up historic stats.

I'm showing you otherwise, keep up man.

Reeko and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

At least you finally admitted you didn't watch LSU and had zero clue that Tari Eason was their 6th man.

That is a great first step, kudos.

You insisting that Tari was LSU's 1st option was a head scratcher even after you were called out for it.

But I'm the compulsive one right? LOL

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I did like Hardy's FG%, defense and playmaking better than Green based on their HS performances.

I was wrong for sure.

But 2022 draft also had other similar explosive guard options become available, e.g. Ivey, Sharpe, Mathurin, etc.