1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kudos To The Rockets Organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 15, 2022.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

He still has incoming top tier draft picks to develop, so what's the rush :D

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think the main complaint I have about silas is his insistence to play the veterans so many mins. Like sure if u r trying to up their trade value b4 the trade deadline. Afterwards he should he lessen their mins.

Massive improvements from all our rookies. That's the goal.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u have got to stop the dumba$$ ranting especially if u only box score watch and do not bother to watch any of the games.

This is his entire mins stats for the whole season
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sengual01/gamelog/2022

72 games
    0-9 mins: 2 games (12/31 and 11/21)
    10-19 mins: 32 games
    20-29 mins: 32 games
    30-39 mins: 6 games (near the end of the season)

That is literally ramping up his mins. Sengun had stamina issue, if you bothered to watch you would see him huffing and puffing in the first few months.

only played like 10-15 real games, pffft spoken like someone who literally just box scores. Pathetic.

Reeko, BigMaloe, KingCheetah and 4 others like this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The fact that you think Sengun could have been rookie of the year if he was given more minutes tells me that you weren't watching too closely this season, which is understandable because it was some pretty ugly basketball most of the time.

It took Sengun a long time to get his fouling and stamina issues under control. He would have fouled out of every game in the beginning of the season if he started and played 35 minutes. Also, he probably would have hurt himself, because he clearly wasn't in shape to play heavy starters minutes. I get why people saw his flashy plays in the beginning of the year and assumed he was the second coming of Jokic, but he was very, very, raw for most of this season.

Then, you told me Silas "clearly held Alpi back", but the numbers tell a different story:

In Oct. - Jan. (42 Games Played) - averaging ~17 Min., with 2 starts

In Feb - April (30 Games Played, Mostly Post All Star Break) averaging ~25 Min. with 11 starts

Source: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sengual01/splits/2022

The significant increase in minutes played and starts after the All Star break must mean that Silas was holding Sengun back right?? I don't think so.

Take that for data, you casual!!

#44 T for 3, Apr 15, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Beat me to it.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

At that point might as well just let him play out the year since his contract will be up anyways.

7. hakeemthagreat

Kudos to you for being a clueless idiot. The Rockets are blatantly tanking yet ppl like yourself point out our record. Tanking is what landed us Jalen Green. Tanking is what's gonna get us another top 5 pick. What expectations did u really have?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All you have is that evidence and plus Sengun's own admission that he didn't have NBA conditioning and was dead tired and the fact that he was commiting 6+ fouls per 48 and his absolute stinker games on the 2nd half of back to backs in the early season!

Other than that you have nothing!

Milos and DatRocketFan like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Some angry bros in this thread.

groovemachine likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Was it Silas who systematically destroyed our 60 win finals caliber franchise? You're thinking too small. We are at rock bottom and no one thing is going to change that at this point. Patience is the only option. Until Wall's contract is off this roster and our rotation is playing in their ideal positions we can worry about winning. Right now the Rockets are boxing with one arm behind their back.

#50 napalm06, Apr 15, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  11. Milos

Milos Member

I want us to establish an organizational culture similar to what the Heat have had since Pat Riley brought it over from the Knicks ...

I want the Rockets to demand 2-way accountability on both ends, starting with the front office, into the coaches, and star players thru the end of the bench

Tillman needs to hire his own Riley as President, then fill out the rest of the management side with handpicked disciples to create a united organizational effort from top to bottom that persists beyond any individuals

If Silas is the right guy to build that type of team, I'm all for it

That's my main reason for preferring Bari & Chet over Paulo or Ivey
    I know from day one the first two will instantly anchor/lead our team's DEF the same way Green looks to be the nexus of our OFF

No more 1-way Rockets stars ... I'm ready for our next Dream
    No more 1-way Rockets coaches ... Time for the next Rudy

Aruba77, Y2JT and Losmi_34 like this.
  12. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Yes, kudos to the Rockets. Because without them I could be Mavericks, or God forbid a Jazz fan. So yes, I will stick with them through thick or thin.

saleem and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

In my house, we refer to the coach as Mr. Burns.

[​IMG]

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

I am much more excited about the team now than I was at this time last year- when we were all worried we just had the worst record in the league and our pick was going to go to OKC. I see no reason to fire Silas at this point

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Pretty sure he has 2 years left on his contract

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can anyone help me with the part with the stars? I'm so super confused here. Is he saying like?:

1) ****ing mother ****er
    2) son of a b****
    3) piece of ****
    4) tiny dicked sob
    5) one track minded ****er
    6) over inflated ego narcissist
    7) lazy ass defender
    8) amazing great player

(I hope this post ages poorly but me thinks it won't)

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sixers stuck with Brett Brown for seven years during the process.

So you even fact check for your bellyaching?

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You are the moron my clueless idiot friend. Is blatantly tanking playing Gordon and Schroder more minutes per game then Sengun and Christopher (other than the last few games when Stone demanded for Silas to sit the vets)???

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Man, can it get any better than the two of the most hated posters on the board going after each other? Who is going to be the first to bring out the race card or mention politics?

Rashmon and don grahamleone like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually I think the young kids now just like to type out strings of asterisks for fun

don grahamleone likes this.