1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans 2022 Draft thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 11, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wonder where he is in rehab

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

You're a maniac, I love it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Last I read I think it was reported he could be ready by October…could be wrong tho.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think it's stupid hearing all these rumors about Hamilton. I don't think he's going to slip.

He's a one-of-a-kind safety and the Texans should take him if he is at 3....or if he slips to 13.

Phillyrocket, cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. SinceEverSince

Sauce at 3…maybe trade 13th pick and whatever to maybe trade up to get him

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Green is a good player, but not someone I would trade up for--we can agree to disagree on that one. I think there are some guys that will be available in the 3rd-4th that may not have as much experience or versatility, but could be as good at a better value.

Woods is a classic great receiving TE whose rare size makes him a match-up nightmare. However, he has only one year as a TE and actually moved all around at VA. He's going to need some time to develop his route running and blocking ability. You're right, he could even sneak into the bottom half of the 2nd rd if someone falls in love with what he could be. I think we need a good all around TE who can contribute in all phases fairly soon. For me those guys are--Ruckert, Kolar or Otton.

At RB, I like 2 guys--Kenneth Walker in Rd 2 or James Cook in Rd3/4. I can be convinced on others, but something about these 2 guys just gets me hyped for how they could contribute to our team.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like misdirection to me. I don’t think he falls outside of the top 10

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

13. raining threes

I see Green as a future pro bowler at LG and an impact day 1starter. So agree to disagree.

Woods was a blocking TE at Okie St. before transferring to Virginia. His receiving skills were a revelation last yr. I noticed Caserio brought in Ruckert for a 30 visit. I like him alot too.

I'm more of a draft part of a committee RB this yr in the 4th rd. Next yr is the yr to get a stud RB.

Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I really want Kyren Williams

raining threes likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Possibly more info on sauce as well

raining threes and ROXRAN like this.
  16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Don't want the ****ing Jets getting another Revis....

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thats why I’ve been saying if sauce is our guy take him at 3 don’t get cute by trading back because jets and even the giants will be ready to draft him.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I get why people love Hamilton and Sauce, but I still think that, when you have a top 3 pick and aren't taking a QB, you gotta go big. Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Ekwonu, or Neal for me.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3250762/2022/04/15/2022-nfl-draft-discussion/

Which prospect is experiencing a supposed rise or fall that you don’t understand?

Brugler: I struggle with the idea of North Dakota State’s Christian Watson going in the top 25 picks. There is a lot to like about his talent, and he has crushed this pre-draft process, but those at the Senior Bowl saw how much extra attention the coaches gave him because his routes were still pretty rough. The drops on film are bothersome, too. And you wish he showed more dominance at the FCS level. I like Watson a lot on day two, but the price tag might be too expensive for my taste.

On the flipside, I am surprised by some of the low opinions around the league on Purdue pass rusher George Karlaftis. I’ve talked with several people in the league who believe he won’t be drafted until the second round. I don’t think he is top-10 pick in this draft, but I also don’t see how he falls out of the top 25 because of his talent and the fact he plays a premium position.

Tice: I am completely with Dane here. I don’t understand the love for Christian Watson as a first round selection. I view him more as an intriguing third-round pick with excellent height/weight/speed traits. But his film left me wanting more.

Jermaine Johnson is another player getting love after an impressive Senior Bowl performance. While I do like Johnson and think he will be a good starter in the NFL, his upside makes him a player I’d be comfortable taking in the second half of the first round. Some mocks have him landing in the top 10.

I will also keep pounding the table that offensive lineman Charles Cross should be an easy top 10 pick. So a potential fall in the first round has me pulling my hair out.

Baumgardner: Not sure if he’s rising or falling, but it feels like Penn State edge prospect Arnold Ebiketie hasn’t gotten enough love nationally. He shot out of a cannon off the snap and was one of the best pass rushers off the ball at the Senior Bowl to my eye.

He’s not gigantic (6-2, 250) like some of the other edge players in this class, but he has some Kwity Paye to his game. He recorded 17 TFLs in only one season against Big Ten offensive lines.

Lee: In a draft class with a couple of great edge rushers and few great tackles, maybe Kyle Hamilton shouldn’t have ever been considered so highly — but I can’t say I understand what’s dropped him in the eyes of analysts and NFL types. He may not be the exact same speed demon that Derwin James was at Florida State, but the entire reason Hamilton was regarded highly was because of his tape, which still makes him look like the best overall defensive player in the draft.

Conversely, like Nate, I’m not sure that I see what some others do in Jermaine Johnson. The value Johnson adds as a run defender is massive, especially in an NFL that’s embracing more light boxes on early downs, but he’s maxed out as a pass rusher. A player that’ll top out as a secondary rusher is better suited for the back end of the first round, instead of top 10-12. What do I know, though? People are mentioning about Travon Walker as the first overall pick.

raining threes, Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2 of those 4 picks might be gone by 3