1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

2. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

... and later that night:
    [​IMG]

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

eh we have a similar taste!
    i dont watch the bucks but the suns are my favorite!

4. sinan28

sinan28 Member

I am very optimistic about the upcoming season. I will go as far as putting the Rockets in to the play-in race next year. Let's hope for a very good draft big man and I say we are pretty much set. That new player will start working full time (summerleague etc.) I also think that Sengun will benefit from the National Team tournament in September. He will be more than ready for the training camp (with Chet hopefully waiting for him).
    I am very excited, just don't know how 6 months will pass til the new season starts..

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You really forget how young these huge ass dudes are until you see their equally young girlfriends. We were really out here thinking Sengun was in a relationship with a grown ass woman reporter fake translator! LOOOOL!

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love Sengun's voice when he speaks in Turkish. I dont know what the hell happens when he switches over to English, lol

7. comrade

comrade Member

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is what people don’t see when they claim he’s a poor defender

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of her navel.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really wish he was more explosive - he is a great pickup for mid first, has a good ceiling as a starting PF - in the Luis Scola mode of play - but he really gets pushed around by more athletic centers.....and he struggles against bigs that stand tall and don't go for his fakes....

He needs a midrange and a 3pt shot to be a complete player IMHO.

DD

T FOR 3!!! and vator like this.
  12. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

This is the jingle of a '70s TurkishTV ad for underwear, hence the p*rn funk vibes! <3

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i really wish your brain would work better

remember when cp3 beat lebron in playoffs playin with 1 hand literally and not even shooting at all?
    lebron's physicality and athleticism didnt help him nada vs cp3! (take that for data)

the power of high bbiq

remember when yanis won the title and he wasnt good 3 pt or midrange shooter?

alpi would have ROY easily if silas just let him play

put him on the suns and they still get seed 1 and they beat bucks last year with alpi on their roster

you dont need 3 pt shot to be the best in nba, yanis is a living proof of that...dont say yanis is too physical because high iq and craftiness beats physicality 9 times out of ten

when we played bucks silas had to pull alpi out in order that we lose to keep the tank alive...
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

I don't see why people say that. He does get blown by on the perimeter quite easily but let's be real, big men who can guard out there are rare as hell.

I always thought our defense looks better with him at the Center position. I noticed this specifically when I was betting on opposing Centers to get high points and it was always easy money with Wood at C but when Alpi was starting at the end of the year, opposing C's almost never got the over.

15. Nook

Nook Member

No they don't.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he had more special highlights in his rookie year than what 99% of nba players have in their entire career...
    VIRTUOSO!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I would be happy with the 5th greatest player of all time for Houston

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you must be part of the great Chicago ketchup cabal . . . like this guy, he cherry-picked this handful of pitiful responses out of the thousands of affirmative responses he obviously got to his question. And clearly all these people were lying.

19. Nook

Nook Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/18/heinz-learns-why-you-dont-mess-with-chicagos-strict-hot-dog-tradition.html#:~:text=In Chicago, hot dogs are,dismay of ketchup maker Heinz.

Heinz learns why you don’t mess with Chicago’s strict hot dog tradition
    PUBLISHED TUE, JUL 18 20176:14 PM EDTUPDATED TUE, JUL 18 20177:32 PM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Angelica LaVito@IN/ANGELICALAVITO/@ANGELICALAVITO
    KEY POINTS
    • Chicago hot dogs adhere to a strict no-ketchup policy.
    • Heinz rebranded its classic tomato ketchup as “Chicago Dog Sauce” in an attempt to show people the red sauce might not ruin their hot dogs the way they think it would.
    • People assailed the campaign on Twitter.
    [​IMG]
    Heinz rebranded its tomato ketchup as “Chicago Dog Sauce” to try and convince Chicagoans to put the red sauce on its hot dogs.
    Source: Kraft Heinz
    You can’t trick Chicagoans into putting an old foe on its cherished hot dogs, Kraft Heinz learned the hard way Tuesday.

In Chicago, hot dogs are topped with yellow mustard, green relish, chopped onions, tomato wedges, a pickle, sport peppers and celery salt. They are never to be topped with ketchup.

The rule is almost religion in the city, to the dismay of ketchup maker Heinz. The Pennsylvania-based condiment company, which merged with Chicago-based Kraft in 2015, tried to convince people to try its new “Chicago dog sauce” for National Hot Dog Day on Wednesday.

People featured in Heinz’s promotional video liked the condiment they tasted, until they were told the “new” sauce was actually their nemesis in disguise. People on the internet didn’t even bother to give the product a try before ridiculing Heinz’s promotion.

One person tweeted: Never in a million years will you find such a condiment on my hot dog. Nice try Heinz, but it’s a huge no for me.

Another person tweeted: You got a lot of damn nerve trying to hoist that crap on our Chicago hot dogs. #HotGarbage #Columbusing

Some took offense to the promotion. One person suggested that Heinz pump its dog sauce somewhere crude.

Not everyone was upset. Though they were far outnumbered, some people cheered the campaign as an opportunity for them to profess their forbidden love.

One person tweeted: Thanks for allowing us ketchup on our hot dog Chicagoans to emerge from the shadows. The struggle is real here in the Windy City!

Heinz may not have gotten the reception it wanted, but it certainly attracted Chicago’s attention.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will never believe your communist propaganda.

also. I.D.I.O.T.

hakeem94 and Nook like this.