1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021/22 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That was one of our worst CL performances I've seen in years, absolutely zero dominance and dozens of mindless crosses.

Defense also extremely out of sync.

2. Raz

Raz Member

Little disappointed as well, but I think in Salzburg we even did worse. Best news of the day is just the one goal deficit we have to settle on Tuesday.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Good ish, think yesterday really showed that we need a proper RB/RWB instead of Pavard and also more creativity in central midfield, which is exactly what these two will bring.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If we really don't have a Haaland plan or something and bottled this by taking too much time (in typical Brazzo fashion), it would be completely reta***d.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Subbing in Davies for Hernandez is one of the dumbest moves I've seen in years, this loss is on Nagelsmann.

Completely wrong approach in game 1 with unnecessary changes and today subbing in Davies after our defense had been stellar all game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Choked to Villarreal at home?

Muller misaimed his open header opportunity by 5 yards.

lol @ Bayern

8. Raz

Raz Member

Nagelsmann said in the meantime that Hernandez was injured and had to be replaced. Kinda fits to our season because with Hernandez Villareal wouldn't finish that stupid counter.

Still, really disappointing. Hope this is a wake-up call for Kahn. The two Ajax guys are a start, but this squad still needs more depth.

Not believing the Lewandowski rumors by the way, the time of this release was too obvious and even Salihamidzic is not that stupid to risk losing a 40 goal striker.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Brazzo needs to go. Like, yesterday. And so do the crap players he bought. Hernandez and Sané are decent, but he grossly overpaid for both, drove Alaba away. Sarr and Roca are duds.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Roca did well every time he played, it's a bit baffling to see him not getting any real game time. Did the holding 6er role pretty well, which is exactly what we've been lacking with Kimmich thinking he's a playmaker.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Kimmich did disappoint.

Biggest thing is, Brazzo would need to go. Things will go downhill if that doesn't happen, soon.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

@arno_ed

Curious, even though it's not official yet, on your thoughts about ten Hag to United. Is this another van Gaal...doomed to fail? There's something about him that I like but I don't watch Ajax enough to know. He seems to be the only one on the higher levels that makes van der Beek look like a world class player. He gets Ajax farther in Europe than it would seem they should go. I like the idea of someone coming in that will not necessarily look to the transfer market and will actually develop the very talented youngsters that are already in the fold.

I feel a lot more comfortable with his appointment than Pochettino. Poch has done less with more than any manager I can point out in recent history. No trophies (other than Ligue 1 (which is the bare minimum expected) and choked oh so badly out of the CL.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. leroy

If Harry Maguire isn't the worst centerback in the EPL, I don't know who is. He does nothing well. He is constantly in no-mans-land. He's slow footed and slow witted. Is he the most amazing practice player ever or something? How can OGS and Ragnick keep running him out, getting the results we're getting, and then told to be nice to him?

Then to make things worse, Ragnick pairs him today with Lindelof AND Phil Jones? Was this meant to be a joke? Is there something more sinister going on like a game fixing scandal? If I were David De Gea, I'd refuse to play again this season as long as Maguire is captain and on the field.

Yung-T, ramotadab and DaDakota like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I mean our defense is so bad, and so slow......Wanbasaka can't get on the pitch and Shaw has disappeared.....

I am ready to break it all down - and hopefully Van De Bek comes back because we need some passers in the midfield who don't turn it over (Hello Bruno!)

DD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wan Bissaka mind you.... hehe.

I feel the pain though.

Liverpool and City are in another stratosphere lately.

Do not ever play FPL and captain Bruno again.

18. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Should be a fun stretch with City and Liverpool only separated by 1 point with 6 games left to play. The only major club left on either teams schedule is Tottenham who have a match with Liverpool. Outside of that each team has just about a similar schedule with each other with Liverpool also having a darby against Everton.

19. leroy

Shaw is out for the season injured and Wan Bissaka is just as trash as the others. Right now, Dalot is the only back I'd even remotely consider keeping.

There needs to be nearly an entire housecleaning. Lingard, Pogba, Matic, Henderson, and Mata are essentially gone. Right now, I'd listen to any offer for everyone with the exception of Elanga, Rashford (I think he'll be fine), Sancho, and De Gea. Everyone else is expendable. Fill in any holes that aren't accomplished with new signings with youth players.

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How did Varane do? He was impressive but ultimately expendable for Real Madrid, too. Just injured too much.