1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taze Moore

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Von Rafer, Apr 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Had season tickets to watch the Coogs this year.

Moore is a winner. Elite closeouts and all-around defense. Check out his vertical playmaking, rebounding and contesting shots. On offense he excels out of the corners: shooting and driving across the lane. Streaky handle, good passer.

24th birthday is in June so he should be available later in the draft. Potential value contract ala Chandler Parsons.

I can’t emphasize this young man’s motor enough. He would be a great influence next to Jalen. Patrick Beverley ferocity.

Shoutout 840 Sports for making the best Taze Moore highlight reel on the internet.

D-rock, Fulgore and seemoreroyals like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I watched that dude's dunk performance a week or so ago and ... got. dang. Some of that stuff was unreal.

D-rock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Love Taze but his path to get into the league will have to be via summer league or latching onto a team after the draft. Same goes for the other 3 Carlton, Edwards, and Fab

Aware, Von Rafer and Nook like this.
  4. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I believe Taze, if healthy, is guaranteed to make it. The other three UH starters have a chance, but they’re more fringe than Moore.

Taze’s two-way skillset gels PERFECTLY on an NBA floor. He’s gonna foul a lot, but I’m serious when I say he has the talent to an all-NBA defender. Trying to turn my homer down, but I love this player.

D-rock likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's been healthy all year. there's no guarantee with him.

Nook likes this.
  6. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Having seen Taze in person almost 20 times this season, I guarantee he has NBA tools. Elite defensive ability at all levels.
    Age, fouling, and injury history are his negatives. A 2nd round pick for Moore is more than worth it imo. Undrafted free agency would be an absolute steal.

He can guard all stars right now.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I have seen Taze plenty of times as well. Again love the guy and definitely rooting for him but he's got quite a hill to climb in order for him to get actually drafted

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Taze should have come out last draft.

He was shooting 3P at 51%.

Reminds me of a super bouncy David Nwaba. The most explosive Cougar guard since Clyde.

Would love to add him as SRP in 2023. Already 24, teams not fond of older players.

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

The way I see it, getting a 24 year old who’s ready to play now on a rookie salary is a good deal. Especially considering the minuscule draft capital, if any, required to get him.

leebigez likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

well that would make sense for a team who needs someone to play now. This rockets team doesn't

11. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Are we just going to tank forever then? When do we teach the 19-21 year olds how to win instead of developing a toxic culture?

leebigez likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're bad because this team is full of youth and inexperience. that's going to be the same case next year. that's called a full rebuild. you lose because of it.

13. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

The team should set a goal to be .500 next season. Obviously that’s unlikely unless some blockbuster moves go down, but the deliberate tanking is offensive to paying customers at the games. It’s demoralizing to the fan base.

Anthony Edwards is only a year older than Jalen, look what he’s doing. We can try.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

deliberate tanking is nonsense. They try to win. They just can't for obvious reasons. A lot of folks have a hard time understanding this when it isn't hard at all

let me know when this team gets a KAT or DLo. right now it's JG and pretty much nothing else

15. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

They don’t try. Don’t lie and say Christian Wood and KPJ and even Jalen Green give it their 100% every night. This team gives up and accepts defeat. Led by the softest coach ever Silas.

This team needs a culture clean-up. Jalen, Jaygup, and Sengun are good personalities, surround them with good influences. Hire a head coach who emphasizes defense. Dump losers like Wood and perhaps KPJ. Acquire dogs like Beverley or Taze Moore. Play tough, play gritty, impose your will.

And for the love of God get a max salary player this offseason while we have all these rookie contracts on the books. Ayton is way too available to not pursue.

leebigez likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol if you don't think these guys don't actually try you're blind. dude's playing for contracts and their future are deliberately sucking makes no sense. it's amazing what folks try to tell themselves around here. it's literally common sense.

you're b****ing about getting some max salary player. like who? who tf wants to come to a team in full rebuild thats year away from actually winning

17. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Did I mention I had UH tickets this past season? That team tries. The Rockets could have lost to a college team this year with Wood’s soft ass down low.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does you having UH tickets have to do with anything? you can go to games and still not understand tf you're watching. having tickets gives someone the credit.uh no

19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I was there to see what effort on a court looks like. The Rockets were apathetic this season. You’re delusional to think the Rockets haven’t been soft and reserved in their place as losers since Silas has jumped on board.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

congrats you watched some college games. round of applause