1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Possible Terror Attack in NYC Subway

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

I think all hate-based religion, bigotry and nationalism are bad.

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Is this because he couldn't get laid and some girl he liked is dating a white guy

Slyonebluejay and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Are you familiar with the poster? He fought and killed Muslims for the USA even when some at home viewed him with suspicion because he was born to a Muslim family.

He is highly critical of Islam… he isn’t a believer, he has said it is a barbaric religion and used as an excuse to do bad things.

Just because he doesn’t agree with everything on the right wing agenda, doesn’t mean he is some Islam sympathizer.

Don’t you think the fact he has such a personal and close connection to the topic and the fact he fought against Islamist jihadists that his opinion on the topic carries more weight than yours? Perhaps this isn’t just politics to him?

fchowd0311 and B-Bob like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

5. Nook

Nook Member

When adjusted for population, white men are no more likely to be serial killers than black or Hispanic men.

Honestly, if there is any group you should point to when it comes to serial killers- it’s men and not women…

But it isn’t black or white or Hispanic….

Slyonebluejay and davidio840 like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

AleksandarN likes this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

Yes, I've seen him comment on his background on occasion.

I don't think that gives him a pass regarding his problematic pattern of posting.

I think he exhibits a pattern of posting which is emphasizes some things, ignores other things and does so predicated upon politics, race and other considerations.

I think his posting in the FBI entrapment thread is a good example of this. No condemnation of what had just occurred, an immediate appeal to attention of another group who has been victimized in a similar way.

It's sad to see people in the D&D whose posts or lack of posts is so driven by biases. Hopefully if its pointed out to them they can reflect upon when they post, why they post, what they choose to emphasize.... because, as I pointed out on the first page... the D&D would care a lot more about this attack if it involved a nazi... and that's the truth. How about we condemn all terrorist attacks and not just emphasize the ones from the political ideology dislike the most? How about we condemn all entrapment and not just when it effects a community we are more sympathetic too?

You can give whatever weight of opinion to his thoughts that you'd like. You don't know much about me or my experiences. I tend to keep it that way. I don't appeal to personal authority on an anonymous message board. I'll let my broader thoughts or philosophies do the talking.

Slyonebluejay, jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No he didn't. I don't consider domestic terrorists the same as serial killers.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't say they weren't. All I said was that the majority of serial killers were white, so that's why I guessed that serial killer on the news was white. Guess what? My guess was right. I know the odds. Now if I placed that bet in Vegas I would have lost. I'm not lucky with bets, so I don't gamble much.

Thirty years from now the odds will probably shift towards a Hispanic man in Texas or our border states.

#49 deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Male version of @deb4rockets?

davidio840 and tinman like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dude, enough already. I make a comment in jest on a serial killer thread saying "How did I know it would be a white male?" and you turn it into a big debate throwing out a million stats about race percentages per population, etc. It was a joke!

You just don't know me or my sarcasm, so I give you a pass, but let me make one thing clear. Maybe if I was a racist who came on here pointing out every black person involved in a crime, or calling all people of a particular race thugs, you would have reason to get all bent out of shape. Anybody who has known me on here knows I don't spew hate or derogatory comments about any person's skin color or ethnic background. I don't stir up hate and fear over gays, Muslims, Asians, or immigrants at the border. Plenty of people do, but I'm not one of them.

I'm not the one defending a white cop slowly choking a black man to death on the street. I'm not the one saying gays should go to hell and I don't want them grooming my kid to be gay. I'm not the one defending white domestic terrorists, and I'm not the one saying that all Muslims are terrorists. I'm not the one defending a coup to overthrow our elected officials because they were mainly white guys. I don't defend terrorists or hate groups of any skin color!

I'm not the one calling a white teen a hero for shooting blacks at a BLM protest. I'm not the one saying everyone at BLM rallies are thugs. I'm not the one defending thugs and criminals of any race, who rob, shoot and kill innocent people on the street. I don't defend or ignore anyone who commits hate crimes. I don't defend people bashing in windows and stealing from businesses.

I'm in favor of all hate groups being labeled domestic terrorists. There's a line I draw when free speech becomes dangerous and toxic. Spewing hate, lies, and propaganda to fuel and incite others is dangerous. We've seen enough really ugly hate and violence in this country already

I'm in favor of civil rights and equality for all Americans. I'm in favor of a justice system that does exactly what it was designed to do. Justice for all Americans. The rich and white privileged shouldn't get a pass. Politicians shouldn't get a pass. Athletes and celebrities shouldn't get a pass.

Now, you want to start pointing fingers of race baiting, go read a BLM protest thread, an Insurrection thread, a Rittenhouse thread, a cop killing thread, an immigration thread, LGBTQ thread, or a George Floyd thread. You might find a few racists hidden among the posters in there.

#51 deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    FrontRunner likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol
    Woke lunatics are woke lunatics

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

They should be able to catch this dude
    He’s fat and 63
    He’s not usian bolt or a college trans swimmer
    @Space Ghost
    @AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wow.. What a deranged lunatic.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW I think @deb4rockets gets too much **** on this board.... I don't agree with everything she says, but I enjoy her contributions.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Damn..... someone just asked me if this was Dusty Baker.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's your problem. You don't read or listen. You just make rash judgements. I don't find your stalking and tagging funny. Go harass someone else.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

@deb4rockets, my dear, please don't get too worked up. I am really just yanking your chain at this point. I didn't think your comment was malicious.