1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Targets this offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Apr 11, 2022.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I will readily admit that I haven't paid RoCo much attention this season, but from what I have seen hasn't he regressed a TON on D? Honestly, I rather try and lure PJ Tucker back for one last season considering he got his ring.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He’s the third best center in the league behind Embiid and Jokic. He turns 24 this season. Give him every single penny

roslolian likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's not longer elite-esque but still above average as a defender. For the right price I'd bring him in.

If I only had the non-tax payer MLE ($10 million) to fill out the roster, I'd spread it across: Covington, McGee, and Rondo. None of them are going to take away minutes from the young guys and they each bring something that fills a need/gap. Rondo can still give you 15-20 minutes a night of steady defense and he can hit from outside. Covington is your utility guy at SF and McGee can absorb backup center minutes and come in to rebound, set picks, etc. These guys won't tempt Silas to play them 30+ minutes a night.

chenjy9 likes this.
  4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

We need length on the wings, so how about swinging a deal for Cam Reddish? Not an efficient player by any means but showed some promise from three and off the dribble. Flashed a bit in ATL but only played 14 mins/game once he was traded to NYK. Thibs doesn't seem to like him much, so maybe we can snag him for cheap?

Le$$ and red5rocket like this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

I'm fine with that but depends on the cash involved... warren has more upside in my opinion but not far off...

Just want a 3 who can space the floor and take on some bigger 2s for Green... similar how they would spare Harden energy on defense playing Ariza on ball and Harden on the cutters and spot up shooters...

6. Landry's Tooth

Not sure on the math there...

Gobert?
    Vucevic?
    Valencunas?
    Sabonis?
    KAT?

I've got him around 8 or 10...

javal_lon likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

Edited: I thought you had these cats above Jokic.

8. Landry's Tooth

Nope...

I would go:

Embiid
    Jokic
    Gobert
    Sabonis
    KAT
    Vucevic
    Valencunas
    Gobert
    Ayton

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

10. steddinotayto

What's so hard about the Heat culture? That you're expected to compete and win every night? Or does Tomball Jimmy love a more drama-rich environment?

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Jimmy should of come to Houston rather than go to the Heat. Man what could of been. We would still have CP3, Westbrook BS would of never happened, and we likely have a championship now. Ugh.

joshuaao, pmac, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I remember that was the reason he wanted to go to the Heat in the first place. I guess it wore him out.

roslolian and steddinotayto like this.
  13. steddinotayto

Yea like he practically begged to land in Miami. Now that he actually has a first class front office, head coach and squad he's complaining?

roslolian and ElPigto like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

As they say, the grass is not always greener. Maybe it's one of those situations.

roslolian and steddinotayto like this.
  15. steddinotayto

Maybe so. I think the dude really wants the spotlight on him at all times. He loved every minute of it during the Bubble Run. Now that the Heat has depth and talent all up and down the roster he probably feels like he's getting less attention.

If I was Riley I'd deal him to Philly for Harris and Maxey and just get rid of the incoming headache.

ElPigto likes this.
  16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You consider Gobert to be better than KAT? o_O

17. Landry's Tooth

I don't consider KAT to be some great defensive player and his teams always seem to play poorly...

Clearly a better offensive player but i think the gap is greater on defense... just my opinion, i could see it the other way too if you weighed offense more...

18. Landry's Tooth

Here's what i see...

Typical KAT season...
    24 points
    11 rebounds
    4 assists
    1 block
    1 steal

Typical Gobert:
    15 points
    13 rebounds
    1 assist
    2 blocks
    1 steal

Points can be overrated... KAT takes 8 more shots per game to score the 9 more points.

Those shots don't go away, other players on the Jazz are taking those shots.

KAT is way better passer, ball handler, and shooter but that's about it... i think it could go either way... i lean to the guy in the playoffs most years over a guy who is usually on one of the worst teams...

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Most of the fans posting in this section seem to not know much about the Houston Rockets.
    They seem to recommending players who are too old for the Rockets culture.
    WE are looking for players who can grow with our young established players, Y

roslolian likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

None of those guys except maybe KAT can hold a torch to Ayton. At worst he’s a top 5 center.

roslolian likes this.