1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

#2203 i3artow i3aller, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Looking like a first round exit for James. Them Raptors are really good at bugging perimeter players, Harden is going to have a tough time with the way he looked recently

HP3 likes this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would you get one shot and then decide against the second? Especially since there were no allergic reactions or anything, to the first shot?

One thing to note: he lost his mother to cancer when he was 17, yet for all her treatments, they opted to go to a hospital for treatment. So I'm not buying this "I'm totes into naturopathy" bs.

roslolian and HP3 like this.
  6. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

So, the 76ers got the best possible path to a title they could hope for. There are 5 legit contenders in the East. Top 3 are probably Mil., Boston and Brooklyn in some order and 4 and 5 are Philly and Miami (I'd put them in that order). Philly avoided the top 3 on their side of the bracket, and can get through with beating a scrappy Raptors team, a not particularly good for a 1 seed Heat team. It's all set up for them to at least make the conference finals. At that point in time I don't think anyone could declare their season a failure if they lost to a better team- even though people on here have made an art form of doing that to Harden.
    I'd like to see some burst for him or some athleticism or basically anything from him which I haven't seen in over a month to prove he's not on the severe downside. I'm not holding out a ton of hope for that, but we shall see.

HP3 likes this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lol people are really stupid enough to think they are losing to the raptors... Their best player is siakam

People really just eat up any narrative

HP3 likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's true, It seems like Mil, BOS, Brooklyn will be a blood bath before they reach the ECF. Not sure if Miami is a cake walk for anyone though, they are so tough and scrappy

Easy, PiPdAdY33 and HP3 like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

During the first month of the season, Siakam looked like fool's gold. Throughout the months of March and April, heading into the postseason, Siakam is averaging something like 27/9/6. And the Raptors are 15-6 since March 1st (23-10 since February 1st). And the 76ers aren't going to have their best perimeter defender in Canada.

Couple that with the fact that Harden absolutely doesn't look like Houston Harden? It's not out of the question that the Raptors beat the 76ers.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

his recent hot streak looks more like the fools gold to me. I dont think siakam just flipped the switch is now lebron after the 1st half of the season

I guess ill have to see it to believe it

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Talk about random.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Context matters.

LeBron, THT, Toppin, Covington, Grant, Bey, Green: not in the 2022 playoffs.

Oladipo: scored 40 in a meaningless game (their 82nd) that the Heat didn't even win. Also, he's played in 7 total games this season.

Kyrie: With all that rest he's gotten from abandoning his team for more than half a season, along with being known for being a score-first PG, I would hope that he has a couple of high scoring games.

There are other things to critique Harden on...the lackthereof of 40+ point games is a weak one though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i trust more nurse and siakam than injury prone embiied and harden which are also known for sudden and unexpected collapses in the offseason...

didnt watch a lot of his games but whenever i see him his play is impressive...siakam is a nba champ and he doenst not live and die by 3...hes relentless attacking the rim...harden could take a page from his book...

could be a fun series...

roslolian likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because he realized its a fraud not doing a ****?

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

How would you conclude that by not getting the second shot in a series of 2 shots?

hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yeah that's what having 1 leg will do I think everyone sees this.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So if there's a chance the #5 team can beat the #4 team...that makes it a narrative? Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean the world is out to get you.

roslolian and Easy like this.
  19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yea we've all been seeing this for awhile...except the nuthuggers.

ThrillaNManilla and roslolian like this.