1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 6 Murder per Capita States are Red

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 8, 2022.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's the same percent of any race if you look at the numbers, any 'race' about 1% of that race are murderers. You can look at them yourself...but you won't.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not get over, get past, go back to living

I always love when you play this card though

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not arguing your defied important number. The number is the most

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

I have to say whites still have a high murder rate. Hispanics don't. Blacks still are 8x more than whites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

According to the FBI, African-Americans accounted for 55.9% of all homicide offenders in 2019, with whites 41.1%, and "Other" 3.0% in cases where the race was known.[52] Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were black or African-American, 42.3% were white, and 3.1% were of other races.[53][54] The per-capita offending rate for African-Americans was roughly eight times higher

This really destroys your poverty thesis. No one is so poor they have to kill. A lot of black murder is driven by materialism or feeling of disrespect from someone and all revolves around feeling of worth

I think materialism doesn't come from the past , it comes from pop culture and a lack of internal feeling of self worth because we have not reconciled our past and have feelings of shame. And we value ourselves in dollars. Obviously that isn't unique to blacks but when combined with lack of self worth it becomes destructive

#84 pgabriel, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  5. Buck Turgidson

The "White" stats quoted above include hispanics/latinos.

Here's the actual FBI UCR: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/murder

pgabriel likes this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Pretty sure I've never mentioned my friend's rape before so not sure what card I'm playing.

Have you ever had one of the most violent and personal crimes committed against you?

What right so you have to tell anyone how they should react to rape? Sure.. it's easy, just get over the fact you were violently violated.

What a load of utter bullshit.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does that destroy my "poverty thesis" - there are over 5,000 studies that tie crime to poverty, inequality, and broken family structure that comes from being part of an impoverished broken community.

Of course you can still pull of data points you don't really understand to basically argue, "stop blaming the whites" which is just not even what we are talking about.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The card is turning my words around to make me sound insensitive.

Again I didn't say get over. I said past. Not bout to argue about rape. Especially when you're intentionally misquoting after I corrected that.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I refuted your study to the point you had to qualify Hispanic poverty with being immigrants. I agree with that and it feeds my point that the anger is an obstacle

So you've never heard me address broken homes?

#89 pgabriel, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There's 5,000 studies in a book that shows that it isn't about anger but the things I've mentioned. If you want to read that book, I can take the time to dig it up. But if you aren't going to, don't waste my time.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I've never talked about broken homes? So anger and murder have nothing to do with each other?

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It's gotta be all those video games like GTA, Mortal Kombat, Assasin's Creed, etc. All these kids are being exposed to theft and murdering. Roleplaying and controlling the actions of all these criminals and killers for hours at a time every day. These kids are being groomed to be transkillers.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I think that’s certainly a big problem. Even TV shows.. My 3 year old son saw a show on Disney called Spidey and his amazing friends. It’s clearly for children and not violent or anything like that, but there’s a character called rhino on there that just steals, destroys and starts stuff with people. After about 6-8 maybe 10 episodes over the course of a few weeks, my son thinks it’s ok to kick/hit, throw toys and steal stuff (my watch for example) and hide it. He just says I’m Rhino! Rahrrr and runs off.

Spidey has since been “removed” from the Disney+ app on TV.

14. Buck Turgidson

You missed it by a year, "ages 4+" says the internet.

eta: It's also listed as TV-Y7 on another site.

Blatz likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So.... how should she get past it? How should one of my family members get past 2 miscarriages? How should another close friend get past her stillborn baby? How should I get past my long time (45+years) good friend's preventable COVID death? Give me some advice so I can tell them how to get past those events.

Every time one of those women get pregnant, their previous pregnancies are foremost in their mind. Every time my friend is walking alone she has to be hyper vigilant about everything.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Blacks being "angry" about the past is not correlated with (e.g. not an explanation of) the higher murder rate.

Broken homes is a function of inequality and poverty

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Get a life old man

Don't know or give a **** why you're talking about still born babies.

Should tragedies stop life and we shouldn't move past them or try? Who the **** argues someone shouldn't try to move past a tragedy?

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Anger has nothing to do with murder?

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You cannot disconnect murder from anger or lack of value of life. We can sit and argue biggest influence on the numbers, but we can't disconnect murder from anger and hatred

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

I said if a victim is to get past a rape ultimately they are the ones moving forward. No one can do it for them.

I didn't say they have to do anything but if it happens it has to be them to do it

Let it go