1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You can't fool us, @CXbby. We were all there. You viciously mocked anyone who dared to even suggest that Green's post-AS break performance may rival Edwards'. Now, as expected, instead of being a man, you hide behind technicalities. But your reputation is set. You don't get to escape how you treated other posters via technicalities.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

It’s officially official. Number 3 and number 4.

4. vator

Crazy stat if true. He won’t be 21 until February 2023. This can’t be true right?

Has to be in a single season. Still amazing considering he was just recently unleashed.

i3artow i3aller and UTSA2step like this.
  5. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

41 points on elite efficiency? Still a scrub. Corey Brewer scored 51. Corey Brewer 2.0 got a lot of catching up to do

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

This season we saw Corey Brewer, wait until next seasons Ricky Davis

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

9. xaos

xaos Member

There's a lot to be said about Green's first season in the NBA. But I'm sure we drafted the right guy is the best summary I can think of.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes.

I think we got winners in Green, Sengun and JC. Honestly my favorite part about those three is that they all have their heads on right. 3/3 for 20 and under first round picks in terms of ability and personality is a win.

KPJ, ability is absolutely there but is fit?

I have pretty little to no confidence with the other aspects of this team outside the young guys. This coaching is not going to be the staff that is leading this group of kids to deep playoff runs. It just isn't.

11. 45koolly

45koolly Member

Agreed

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Jalen is playing like a combo of Ja Morant and Klay Thompson right now. He's unguardable in so many ways. The future is bright.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I've already said that for all intents and purposes who ever believed Jalen would have a Edwards like second half, they were right and I was wrong. But admitting that is not enough for some people, like yourself, you need to invent an enemy to white knight against.

Well guess what buddy, "technicalities" is exactly how bets work, you either win them or you lose them, there are no morale victories that I was willing to concede. You @ my name after every good game jalen played because you can't just be happy for jalen, making others look bad is more important to you. Well here is your day mfer! You LOST the bet. c*m get your hot jazz to your face b****!

harold bingo likes this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

Did they still not announce rookie of the month for March?

Nelly, BigMaloe and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

He sure would have, I do believe that. But if my aunt grew some balls she would also be my uncle!

#2016 CXbby, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    Fullcourt likes this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I did it, Rockets fans: Pulled the trigger on a Green jersey to make sure I got the 0!

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pretty apart description of what a prime Jalen Green could look like.

Green can be an absolute beast off ball. He has those wide receiver off ball type juke moves where he can shake defenders off ball. He can get elite at that and either cut to the basket as a high flying elite finisher or get a clean catch and shoot middy or three point shot where it would be really hard to block his shot because of the elevation of his jump shot. Sengun can be the initiator of so many Green off ball scores especially in the high post area where both are playing a two man game.

It's up to the coaching staff to realize this should be our bread and butter offense next season.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Clutchfans sure is an interesting place.

Anyway, shoutout to Stone and crew. They killed it drafting Jalen. This kid is gonna be special for many years to come. Rockets fans should be incredibly excited. Combined with a guaranteed top 5 pick this draft? Oh we're gonna be back in the playoffs before you blink.

zeeshan2, Nelly, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  20. vator

Look at them crawling back