1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 6 Murder per Capita States are Red

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 8, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Someone will eventually address race in these Houston pandemic murders. So many Black suspects .

Killing a 60+ white woman taking care of herself walking in the gym early in the morning

Robbing a restaurant in Houston's busiest area, like at 5pm, Westheimer inside the loop. Only shooting 2 blacks and killling one a New Orleans police officer.

Killing a Hispanic teenager in the truck with his father on their way from an Astros game in a road rage incident

Running the gambit of senseless murder.

6 years ago this one got to me. Black teenagers robbing the Subway off 45 and airport, I know some of you know that Subway, Killing a Hispanic employee working with his momma trying to defend her. Let the races be races be reversed on that. We'd be marching

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

have you looked into the racial/political makeup of the high crime areas in those states?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suspect you are talking past each other. Homicide "rates" only (versus correlations) on the wiki race and crime page:

USA_Homicide_Offending_Rates_By_Race.png

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, the correlation isn't with race but with poverty. Correlation does not equal causation.

We all know that skin color doesn't cause one to commit crimes more often than another skin color - so this graph doesn't tell you very much does it?

Xopher likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the graph is simply presenting the data the graph is based upon

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one is saying it's biological. Even though Hispanics have passed black people in wealth there are still a lot of poor Hispanics. They have no where near our murder rate.

They are happy to be Americans. Black people are angry with whites with each other, and now with Hispanics getting the jobs we used to. We haven't reconciled our past. It is a problem way above what you are talking about

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I understand that; I also understand that it's a misleading graph

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'll go with that statistical analysis over yours, but thanks for sharing your POV.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Those states are garbage, *** em!

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did back your claim with stats? I'm bringing the numbers

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I’d be more curious to see what cities within these states have all these murders/crime. Then, which if these cities are red or blue. OP, can you give us that data too?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I've posted the analysis multiple times before. This isn't our first time debating this.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you running around saying we have to agree with something you don't want to share wanting me to remember one stupid debate argument from God knows when?

But you're gonna posting how right you are.

Numbers bro.
    Plenty of poor Hispanics
    No where near black murder rate

boxdog337 likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I googled it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/murder-map-deadliest-u-s-cities/

That's where I saw how high Fort Lauderdale and Miami Gardens and West Palm Beach were in the list, which surprised me.

davidio840 likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I can go back and dig up the numbers, but my sense is it won't change your mind one bit and thus is a waste of time. In fact, I think you like to waste my time. It didn't convince you in the past anyway, so why will it change your mind now?

You're glued into your beliefs that black people are more violent than white people. Not sure why you believe that white people are born less violent than blacks, but that's your issue to work out.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Stop putting words in my mouth ass hole. Black people have anger from our past. I already said that. Its not biological. That's how you argue, you do it to everyone, you frame people as racist or sensitive or whatever.

I'm bringing numbers. Don't talk down to me arrogant ass

You're too birch to post your proof so don't talk down to me

Young black men killing each other is deeper than poverty. Its anger hopelessness and self hatred

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Because you are wasting my time, here's one study but I know it won't change your mind at all. not one bit

The analysis suggests that consistent race differences of the kind normally seen in the criminological literature are not evident in our sample of serious offenders.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782848/

You just aren't capable of questioning what you think. We all know that after all the years on here. When someone challenges you and shows you to be wrong, you get angry and start cursing them out. You call them arrogant and take it personally. You are doing it right now. You're a very angry person obviously.

JayGoogle likes this.