1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Watching Harden decline isn't cathartic to me, its just sad.

This man was averaging 34 a game just 26 calendar months ago and it feels like a decade has passed.

#2121 Tuckankhamun, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Was he not an integral part of the other 3 winning games. . . including the game 7??

Rocket River

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What star have the Rockets EVER had that made prime Star NBA free agents flock here? That’s NEVER been the case in franchise history. Old Pippen and washed Barkley came to play with old Dream34 but that’s it. And they didn’t win.

Oddly enough the (2) highest profile free agents in the Rockets history came to play with Harden.But CP3 & Howard aren’t warm and fuzzy characters and have history of rubbing teammates the wrong way themselves. ( And Dwight declined fast to a role player after the first couple of years) so James’s passive aggressive ways were bound to clash with those cats at some point. Tillman should have squashed the CP3 dust up (by telling them no one is going anywhere) but Tillman thought CP3 was overpaid and Mis handled the situation. He and Harden are guilty in that situation.

But Harden did what he could and the Warriors were just a little better at the end of the day. They kicked the West’s ass during Harden’s prime and deserve kudos.

#2123 TEXNIFICENT, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just wait until the playoffs

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why does history matter? It doesn't happen until it does.

Durant could've chosen to play with his good buddy Harden. Instead, he chose to play with Curry. IMO, it's pretty telling that Harden's good buddy didn't want to play with him in Houston.

That's a cop-out. We definitely should've beaten them when Curry was hurt. Too bad Dwight was disgruntled and Harden supported the management (who supported him) instead of his star teammate.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

I think Morey does offer him a max deal, either way he getting traded regardless...

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

RKREBORN, Os Trigonum and hakeem94 like this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't. Maxey is too good for Philly to make that kind of commitment to Harden, and I can't imagine Embiid is particularly pleased with how Harden has performed as a Sixer.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. HP3

HP3 Member

If he's playing like this he will. Look you arent gonna catch me saying's hes been playing good, because I havetn been saying it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The guy did have 15 assists. I havnt watched too much of him with sixers but I think it's prob a combination of things
    1) he has to dedicate his time to his body ala cp3
    2) the league is prob starting to get ahead of the ultimate rules manipulator

14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’ve been saying this. And I’m a Harden fan.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Not at all, has a very high FT rate. Is third in the league in FTs.

hakeem94 and eliefor3 like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its Morey thou, Morey will move heaven and earth for Harden... I mean its what put Morey on the map as a "good GM"... People thought Morey was playing 4D chess... He just go lucky...

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Well that sucks. I like harden even though he jacked us over. He was my 2nd most favorite rocket of all time when he played with us. I had to bump him down just like I did with tmac. For those interested Yao is back at number 2 for me

BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

I guess I can take solace in the fact these buffoons who think he's washed because he cant draw fouls really dont know what they are talking about because that's just about the only thing he can do now scoring the ball wise.

Wulaw Horn and eliefor3 like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

History matters for context. You’re literally b****ing about something that’s never happened for this Franchise. No superstars have flocked here in free agency to play with any one and you’re acting like it’s one guy’s fault. It’s literally never happened that way for the Rockets.

No one beat the Warriors for years man. They dominated, hats off to them.

jiggyfly and Wulaw Horn like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Father Time is undefeated