1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y’all are ungrateful & need to show KPJ some love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, Apr 6, 2022.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think its more about reaction to stupid idol worship...
    If everyone was like 'well he's alright - but needs work... he may turn into a serviceable mid level player...' then people would leave it alone... but we got so many fanboys on here that want to make guys out to be the next coming... that it brings push back...
    idk why some people need to place athletes on a pedestal... they're just human... like all the years I said Harden was a great player - but a narcissistic sob.... folks didnt want hear that and were all to eager to white knight for him... well, i think the point is pretty much proven at this point...

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I agree. The Rox havent been winning at all so I dunno how people can judge who can or cannot thrive in a winning system.

What I will say for KPJ though is he cant be the pg, his future is either our SF or coming off the bench. Or maybe Jalen Green learns to playmake and he becomes the pg. Cuz from what I can see KPJ doesnt have that distributor mindset thst pgs have so if he is the pg the offense will stall. KPJ himself gets analysis paralysis setting others up he plays better when he is in attack mode. Another thing is he needs to work on his defense. Green is a willing defender but he is too thin to be an effective defender. KPJ has a build similar to Edwards he could be a good defender if he wanted to.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

You have too high expectstion from fans esp for CF. Like you said its only first year rebuild but lots of people here were hsting on Stone for not making the Rox contenders and they wanna stop tanking immediately.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

The irony of OP talking about ungrateful and being disgusted, all while throwing shade at someone like Harden whose pretty much the core reason the rockets were relevant during his entire tenure.

[​IMG]

Nook, D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

He is awesome, best Rocket ever.

Please NBA scouts - read my post

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can agree with this but I have a hard time seeing it happen. We've seen that KPJ doesn't handle criticism from his coaches very well. Would he accept a bench role, or even giving up PG duties? Doubtful.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He aint the pg now its Green. If he cant accept his role then the Rox need to move on and get sssets for him imo. Its ok now cuz we losing but when the tsnking ends we cant have a guy who cant plsymake effectively as the pg.

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

These kind of posts are hilarious. “I wouldn’t say anything if everyone just agreed with me!”

javal_lon, vator, mario_v and 2 others like this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Agree - that's why I'm inclined to say KPJ should think of himself as a high end 6th man rather than a starter - be the "wild card JR SMITH" type of guy and be the best version of that. He could make some serious money playing that JR Smith, Lou Williamson, Jamal Crawford, Vinnie Johnson, Jason Terry role. Ultimately, his ability to be a starter and especially a starter on a playoff team require him to tighten up A LOT of his game in ways that I don't see him doing quick enough. Right now those careless decisions don't have real consequences but they are HUGE when there are playoff implications. You can be an NBA starter and be not spectacular at anything as long as you don't make mistakes - don't generate careless turnovers, don't waste precious seconds off the game clock trying to read the defense or dancing endlessly with a defender that isn't forcing the defense to react, don't make bad passes to open players that ultimately take them out of their rhythm enough that the defender has time to recover, don't give the defense time to read and react to the offense, etc. Those things don't show up on box scores as readily but coaches notice them and they somehow always manage to find their way back to team success.

REEKO_HTOWN, kjayp and Stephen_A like this.
  10. PatBev

PatBev Member

Love Harden

I’m just trying to emphasize in a sarcastic way the situation and what happened

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

The reality is you're always going to have those that shitt on their own players good or bad. And it's clearly obvious for the ones who are often more active than others and try to push their own logic. We've seen that time and time again.

D-rock likes this.
  12. kjayp

if thats what u got from my post... then you just want to be flippant.... and you're obviously in the right place for it... smh...

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I only use Web 3.0 VR.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No, you are clearly an ignorant loser mentality moron who will sit here on this site saying “I told you so” when he gets cut for his antics next time they happen (hint….that’s next year).

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No. Flippant is referring to KPJ fans as “stupid idol worshipers.”

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly that's just confession by projection.

There aren't actually any "KPJ worshipers".....that's just something you might hear from a Jalen Green worshiper, something that actually does exist. Their deity needed an adversary for the morons in the cult to focus their toxic stupidity on and they picked one of Jalen Green's friends..... someone who helps make Jalen Green a better player.....because of course those morons did.

There's really no point in trying to reason with religious zealots like that, the best you can do is not take them seriously and laugh at them.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

If true then this project is headed for heartbreak.

Greens AST:TOV is not good - 2.6 to 2.0 is horrific for a PG.

KPJ is 6.2 to 3.2.

Very similar numbers to his 1st season as PG.

Green potential as SG is unlimited, why not set him up for success first?

And FYI - KPJ could have had 10+ assists last game if just 1-2 more guys hit 40%.

Only Green and KPJ could hit broadside of the barn the entire game.

#137 D-rock, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

fixed for you

jiggyfly, roslolian and msakes like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. kjayp

LMAO - talk about projecting...

Why dont u find me 1 post where i'm gushing about Green - or even moderately complimentary... i doubt I've posted anything about him... as far as I'm concerned, he's a work in progress - and the jury is still out... I didnt rip on his slow start - and I'm not anointing him as the chosen one after a few good games...

jus talkin out yer a$$... smh...

slothy420 and javal_lon like this.