1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[Netflix] The Bubble

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by boomboom, Mar 30, 2022.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Looks fun. I'm down.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe

Rocket River

3. Buck Turgidson

Good concept. Good cast.

This is not a good movie. There were a handful of truly funny moments, but they were few and far between.

The end credits scene pretty much acknowledged this: "Hey, at least we tried"

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

By the second half of the movie it was just background noise while I did other things. As Buck said, at the end they basically acknowledged they made a turd.

5. Buck Turgidson

Spot on about the 2nd half. The funniest actor in the movie, the Brit-Pakistani guy, left after about 30 minutes and I thought "that's not good".

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Canceled Netflix. They’re dead to me. Until Stranger Things. Then dead again.

arkoe likes this.
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the reviews. I started this last night and stopped five minutes in. I thought Karen Gilliam's part was funny. Apparently it peaked there. Will not watch the rest. Glad I abandoned to watch The Kingsmen on FX for the umpteenth time.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Netflix seems to be putting out utter garbage compared to Apple/HBO, and even Amazon

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Halfway through and got tired. Might finish it, so far it's an easy, fun watch. Don't have any expectations.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They put out a lot of WTF total garbage that they should have never greenlit, but if you pitched me thus in an elevator, I'd probably be all in too. Don't know that I'd put this in the same class as such genius Netflix show ideas as "Is It Cake?"

Havent watched it, probably wont after these reviews. But this had potential to have been good, unlike 90% of the obviously terrible crap that Netflix pumps out.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The problem with Netflix is that they don't have Disney/Marvel anymore. They don't have content that has moved to other streaming services. They are slacking on Sci-Fi. Very little Fantasy. No brand names. However, they keep raising prices. The Ryan Reynolds' "The Adam Project" was pretty good, but Netflix has less and less stuff I want to want. I LIVE on HBO MAX and Paramount+. Disney+ has the Marvel/Star Wars stuff and AppleTV+ has some quality shows like Foundation, For All Man Kind, Ted Lasso, and Severance. Hell, I even like the show Invasion on AppleTV+.

Xerobull and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was ok
    Tried to be Tropic Thunder but failed
    I fell asleep in the middle

Rocket River

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

This was an embarrassment. "Apatow" on a movie trailer used to mean something...

14. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Turned it off after 15 minutes.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Judd Apatow has lost the touch sadly.